Page 118 of 441 FirstFirst ... 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 ... LastLast
Results 2341 to 2360 of 8804
  1. #2341
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,410
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    holy shit his hair is glorious
    Yeah he is rocking the Rob Ryan doo. He just shaved his rowdy 70s stache too, I was disappoint.

  2. #2342
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Real life pic thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    Wow those gay dudes weren't kidding, Myrrh, you're handsome as shit
    yeah, I saw the g/f, then looked left and was like 'nevermind, that's fair'

  3. #2343
    BG is my LJ
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,222
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    Wow those gay dudes weren't kidding, Myrrh, you're handsome as shit
    DREEEEAAAAMBOOOOAAAAT!

  4. #2344
    Limecat
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries
    2

    I say this every time someone says I'm good looking. I don't buy it. I think I'm ugly. Maybe I have Ugly Duckling Syndrome or something but I can never see what other people see. Even my GF tells me I'm super sexy and whatnot. I just think she has low standards.

    And yes, I do love my GF a lot. I've been nothing but open and honest with her about how I can bring nothing but pain to her in the future(Rejection and whatnot) and she still wants to be with me. How can one not love that?

    Also, for there being more of her than me, I was in charge of picture taking. I took over 700 during the week and about 80% of them were awesome. I even uploaded a good 300 to Facebook too.

  5. #2345
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post

    And yes, I do love my GF a lot. I've been nothing but open and honest with her about how I can bring nothing but pain to her in the future(Rejection and whatnot) and she still wants to be with me. How can one not love that?
    She's a keeper dude. She knew what she signed up for when she started seeing you.

  6. #2346
    alsohawks

    ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,960
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    I say this every time someone says I'm good looking. I don't buy it. I think I'm ugly. Maybe I have Ugly Duckling Syndrome or something but I can never see what other people see. Even my GF tells me I'm super sexy and whatnot. I just think she has low standards.

    And yes, I do love my GF a lot. I've been nothing but open and honest with her about how I can bring nothing but pain to her in the future(Rejection and whatnot) and she still wants to be with me. How can one not love that?

    Also, for there being more of her than me, I was in charge of picture taking. I took over 700 during the week and about 80% of them were awesome. I even uploaded a good 300 to Facebook too.
    LOOK, I'm not in the business of calling other dudes handsome on the internet so you're going to take this (?) and like it (??)

  7. #2347
    BG is my LJ
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,222
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    I say this every time someone says I'm good looking. I don't buy it. I think I'm ugly. Maybe I have Ugly Duckling Syndrome or something but I can never see what other people see. Even my GF tells me I'm super sexy and whatnot. I just think she has low standards.
    That's fine, it keeps you grounded and humble (increasing your attractiveness.) But I don't think people say things just to make you feel good, we don't know you or owe you anything, nor are we expecting anything from you by giving you compliments.

    I'm most certainly accustomed to a lifetime of stuff beating me down, and know what it's like to be/feel undesirable for a million reasons that I cannot fix. I'll never be able to change my history and wipe out years (decades ) of negative thought, but, if I feel good about myself for a fleeting moment and embrace and remember that, I can start looking past some of the negative things I say to myself. Do you think I believed it when someone told me I was beautiful for the first time? All of my thoughts ran to "If you knew, you wouldn't say that to me." But after enough compliments, I started to believe that other people didn't see me for the flaws I saw in myself. I think it just takes time. Or lots of sex. lol

    Now I wonder if other people ("normal" people) have "Ah-hah!" moments where they started to view themselves as attractive.

  8. #2348
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,330
    BG Level
    9

    cis priv reporting in, ah-hah moment was when I got my first dick lines. after that it has been nothing but movie stars and kpop sluts

  9. #2349
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Real life pic thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    I say this every time someone says I'm good looking. I don't buy it. I think I'm ugly. Maybe I have Ugly Duckling Syndrome or something but I can never see what other people see. Even my GF tells me I'm super sexy and whatnot. I just think she has low standards.

    And yes, I do love my GF a lot. I've been nothing but open and honest with her about how I can bring nothing but pain to her in the future(Rejection and whatnot) and she still wants to be with me. How can one not love that?

    Also, for there being more of her than me, I was in charge of picture taking. I took over 700 during the week and about 80% of them were awesome. I even uploaded a good 300 to Facebook too.
    my g/f says the same thing and I don't buy it either, but yours is way better looking so I'd probably just shut the fuck up and accept the compliment lol

  10. #2350
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    I say this every time someone says I'm good looking. I don't buy it. I think I'm ugly. Maybe I have Ugly Duckling Syndrome or something but I can never see what other people see. Even my GF tells me I'm super sexy and whatnot. I just think she has low standards.

    And yes, I do love my GF a lot. I've been nothing but open and honest with her about how I can bring nothing but pain to her in the future(Rejection and whatnot) and she still wants to be with me. How can one not love that?

    Also, for there being more of her than me, I was in charge of picture taking. I took over 700 during the week and about 80% of them were awesome. I even uploaded a good 300 to Facebook too.
    You just have self esteem problems. In all honesty, you have a very nice face, and if i say that then it must be true because i don't usually pull punches. Ask any of these slimy ass niggas.

  11. #2351
    green jellybean
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,024
    BG Level
    6
    Blog Entries
    3

    I think most people have self-esteem issues concerning their appearance. Being told you are attractive is definitely the sure-fire way to help get over those sort of issues. I've had enough nice old ladies tell me I have nice hair that I've given up my desire for straight hair. At this point I'm more concerned with being happy with myself than what other people think, which bothered me when I was younger. Also knowing what cuts of clothing suit your frame is also a way to insure that you're going to be more confident with your appearance (or haircut for your face etc..)

  12. #2352
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,727
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    It's surprising how many guys have self esteem issues. Being told you are handsome or cute by your parents and/or GF/BF doesn't help one bit either, lol. It's kinda creepy.

  13. #2353
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Why?

  14. #2354
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,727
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I see more guys with more self esteem issues than women around me. Obviously anecdotal, but it's still fairly strange.

  15. #2355
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,752
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    just depends how well you feel about yourself and how you feel others feel about you, a lot of stuff when your a kid seems to be the baggage you cling to be it self confidence or how you present yourself, although modesty is a dying thing these days

  16. #2356
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,514
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    I see more guys with more self esteem issues than women around me. Obviously anecdotal, but it's still fairly strange.
    One theory is that it's due to the female sexual revolution and workplace equality. It's harder for men to feel confident because they have less things to bring to relationships as opposed to the olden days of bringing in the salary and taking care of the household. So they over compensate and swing wildly in the direction of looks and appearances (increase in bodybuilding, men's fashion, etc.)

  17. #2357
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    just depends how well you feel about yourself and how you feel others feel about you, a lot of stuff when your a kid seems to be the baggage you cling to be it self confidence or how you present yourself, although modesty is a dying thing these days
    Modesty is just another way to feed one's ego. When you're modest, you expect people to compliment on your modesty or insist on how great you are, making you feel even better about yourself. It would be a strange situation indeed if someone answered your modesty by saying: "yea, you're right, i was just lying".

  18. #2358
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    One theory is that it's due to the female sexual revolution and workplace equality. It's harder for men to feel confident because they have less things to bring to relationships as opposed to the olden days of bringing in the salary and taking care of the household. So they over compensate and swing wildly in the direction of looks and appearances (increase in bodybuilding, men's fashion, etc.)
    Makes sense to me. We already blame women for our kids turning gay and for getting raped. Might as well add that to the pile.

  19. #2359
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Real life pic thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

    modesty is for people who aren't totally badass, I can't really relate

  20. #2360
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,752
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Modesty is just another way to feed one's ego. When you're modest, you expect people to compliment on your modesty or insist on how great you are, making you feel even better about yourself. It would be a strange situation indeed if someone answered your modesty by saying: "yea, you're right, i was just lying".
    don't really disagree with this but it depends on the person Ego stroking does build confidence

Page 118 of 441 FirstFirst ... 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Real life pic thread
    By Awoir in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 19488
    Last Post: 2011-07-27, 16:59
  2. Real Life Chat Thread
    By Julian in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2011-05-11, 15:41