Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 881
  1. #201
    Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,322
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I would've taken Groot or RR. Just one damn line.

  2. #202
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,452
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    They have to save Groot's limited dialogue for the most opportune time.

  3. #203
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    That was probably the greatest green band trailer of all time.

  4. #204
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,092
    BG Level
    8

    I know 0 about the source material but they trailer looks really good and made me want to see it

  5. #205
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

    The Immortal Bill Duke

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,697
    BG Level
    9

    made me laugh, i'll see it. the finger in the box facial reaction was perfect

  6. #206
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

  7. #207
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,725
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Could have used an "I am Groot" but my body is ready.

    Hopefully it takes more from the Abnett/Lanning era and less so from Bendis.

  8. #208
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Man, that delivered in every way I had hoped. I also loved they chose not to say "MARVEL STUDIOS" right at the start, and instead waited til the end. People are probably going to be like "What is this cra-" "OH SHIT IT'S MAHVEL BABY, DAY ONE"

  9. #209
    Chram
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,759
    BG Level
    7

    I love this trailer so much

    I've never read the source material; is it really that funny?

  10. #210
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Never read any American comics so I don't really know anything about this, but the trailer definitely has me interested. Especially since Chris Pratt is awesome on Parks and Rec.

    I do kind of worry that this may not do as well as previous movies though due to not being as well known as other stuff from Marvel recently.

  11. #211
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,725
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    I love this trailer so much

    I've never read the source material; is it really that funny?
    Generally yes. It had intense moments but was not a comic taking itself serious. And I'm not just talking about the fact that one of the members is a talking Racoon.

  12. #212
    Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,322
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    ^ this

    Some of their backstories are quite dark, but on the whole their adventures are light-hearted and fun.

    That being said, they have huge ties to Thanos. I fully expect them to change Drax's backstory somewhat significantly.

  13. #213
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,725
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    They still haven't really shown anything story wise, so the Thanos ties could still be there since they're obviously building to the Infinity Gauntlet storyline for Avengers 3. Gamora and Drax's back story wouldn't take too much explanation for the audience either.

  14. #214
    Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,322
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Gamorra's wouldn't take much, I can easily seem them keeping that more or less intact.

    Drax though...
    Spoiler: show
    I highly doubt they're gonna do the "Thanos dropped a rock on his car with Drax and his wife and daughter in it, then got chosen to be the destroyer because reasons." OH and this all happened, yea, many moons ago.

  15. #215
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,725
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Can cut out the cheesy 70s elements of his origin and easily keep the core elements of the character around. Ever since his "reboot" in 04 they heavily toned down most of that stuff anyways.

  16. #216
    Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,322
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    That's fair

    Edit: Also, depending on how they change it will prolly determine if we see Moondragon in Avengers 3.

  17. #217
    Chram
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,759
    BG Level
    7

    One can hope we will see the Avengers and Guardians together in Avengers 3?

  18. #218
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Probably what they want to do regarding Thanos. He is the "final boss" as described in an interview from Joss.

  19. #219
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,565
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Dissapointed at no RR lines, but this movie is totally going to be on my list to see day 1. Looks so good.

  20. #220
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,418
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    I'm wondering how Bradley Copper will do Rocket's accent

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast