Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 251
  1. #161
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,752
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Impact is looking good besides the last 5 seconds of overly spammy footage

  2. #162
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    DMC looks more or less the same combat wise, I doubt we'll learn more about the battle system without actually playing it (and I don't trust reporters to know what the fuck is up, if DMC3 is any indication). But yeah, still looking awfully DMC2.

    AC5 is looking awesome. And can you custom colour your fucking smoke trails? LOL

  3. #163
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,801
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Never played Ace Combat, but Assault Horizon looks like it might be worth checking out. Guessing it's something I can pick up and understand from the get-go? No major or obscure plot-lines or whatever I'd be missing out on?

  4. #164
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,653
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck


  5. #165
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    994
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    I swear the game industry is slowly becoming what the movie industry is today. They can't think of anything new thats worthwhile, so they're just remaking/remastering old stuff, slapping an HD sticker on it and laughing as the millions roll into their bank accounts. I hope this trend of HD collections stops soon, because to me it's getting old. I already paid for FFX 10 years ago, I'm not gonna buy it again because it looks prettier.

    On a seperate note, I hope they release the 3DS remake (with the 2nd analog built in) soonish, because KH is lookin spiffy and I don't wanna have to play with the aesthetic abortion that is that add-on piece.

  6. #166
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    Never played Ace Combat, but Assault Horizon looks like it might be worth checking out. Guessing it's something I can pick up and understand from the get-go? No major or obscure plot-lines or whatever I'd be missing out on?
    Ace Combat is a great series, if nothing else play at least AC5 and 0. No Ace Combat game is technically related (afaik), but they all share similar themes so you can jump into any and enjoy it. AC3, 4, 5, 6 and 0 are all good games, I recommend them if you like arcade flight shooters. If nothing else, you'll love the music.

  7. #167
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,801
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Awesome, I think I might check this one out then. I'll see if I can get a hold of 5 and 0 somewhere. Thanks!

    Gundam's looking awesome from that gameplay. Lol at the uniform

  8. #168
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,603
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominico View Post
    I swear the game industry is slowly becoming what the movie industry is today. They can't think of anything new thats worthwhile, so they're just remaking/remastering old stuff, slapping an HD sticker on it and laughing as the millions roll into their bank accounts. I hope this trend of HD collections stops soon, because to me it's getting old. I already paid for FFX 10 years ago, I'm not gonna buy it again because it looks prettier.
    Buying FFX HD is the equivalent of buying Lion King on Bluray, minus the Timon & Pumba.

  9. #169
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph


  10. #170
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,752
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    Buying FFX HD is the equivalent of buying Lion King on Bluray, minus the Timon & Pumba.
    i've argued with my friends that how much money does a company need to take off you before they say okay that's enough (looking at you to Mr Lucas)
    and how terrible this film is at least you can enjoy ffx a few hours longer then the times you can sit and watch the lion king

  11. #171
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,254
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    I don't have a problem with the hd collections at all since they include trophy support and there's a ton of them I never had the opportunity to play simply because I wasn't even old enough to have a job. Keep 'em coming I say

  12. #172
    hey
    hey is offline
    listen!
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,234
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzer View Post
    there's a ton of them I never had the opportunity to play simply because I wasn't even old enough to have a job. Keep 'em coming I say
    You do know you can still play the originals, yes?

  13. #173
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,254
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Not with trophy support and purdy picture

  14. #174
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    538
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    playing ps2 games on a 50 inch 1080p plasma is painfull

  15. #175
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,254
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    I tried FFXII on a 720p tv a couple years ago and it literally hurt my eyes

  16. #176
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,519
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

    Well, if you're looking to play old PS2 games, the PCSX2 emulator with scaling set to x2 or x3 makes a lot of PS2 games look pretty damn good. The downside is it requires a moderately powerful computer to make it work.

    Edit: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...0&pagenumber=1

    For anyone that's interested ^

    Includes screenshot comparisons.

  17. #177
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    BG Level
    7

    Yeah. Fuck paying $80 for a new ZoE2 when I can get an HD version with trophies for $40. Besides, it's not like these are coming out of no where. They stated when GoW Collection came out that they're gonna release HD version of their best games. Anyway, it's as simple as not buying them. Just like the movie industry, they're still making new shit, so quit your bitching.

  18. #178
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph


  19. #179
    Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,432
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Stop making DS KH games and give me KH3.

  20. #180
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Cayos View Post
    Stop making DS KH games and give me KH3.
    It's the final bridge till KH3 anyways. Special movie at the end talks about it, that Nomura mentioned in a interview.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tokyo Game Show(sep16~19)
    By Insanecyclone in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 343
    Last Post: 2010-09-19, 05:23
  2. Tokyo Game Show 2009 (TGS 2009)
    By BRP in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 2009-10-03, 16:37
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2008-12-19, 15:32