Page 55 of 98 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1081 to 1100 of 1942
  1. #1081
    Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,403
    BG Level
    7

    As far as I can tell the marriage quest doesn't count towards 100% completion. I'm referencing http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/562386-f...x-2/faqs/23915 along with the x/x-2 remaster brady guide. The checklist for calm lands ch. 1 says:
    Calm Lands - +0.2% {Total So Far: 19.0%}
    * Reach To Calm Lands
    * Begin To Advertise For The Companies

  2. #1082
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
    As far as I can tell the marriage quest doesn't count towards 100% completion. I'm referencing http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/562386-f...x-2/faqs/23915 along with the x/x-2 remaster brady guide. The checklist for calm lands ch. 1 says:
    Calm Lands - +0.2% {Total So Far: 19.0%}
    * Reach To Calm Lands
    * Begin To Advertise For The Companies
    Yeah but I won't get an episode complete in ch5 if I don't do the promotion I read

    But if I play the companies mini games enough I can get the 400 pts for the episode completes. I should be fine

  3. #1083
    Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,008
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Iirc you can't get anima til the borderline end anyways since you are forced to redo zanarkand cloister anyways

  4. #1084
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Iirc you can't get anima til the borderline end anyways since you are forced to redo zanarkand cloister anyways
    Except not getting some sphere's on the first run means they will be blocked by Dark Aeons which screws you a lot, since she's useful a lot earlier.

  5. #1085
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Iirc you can't get anima til the borderline end anyways since you are forced to redo zanarkand cloister anyways
    Besaid and Macalania temples will be blocked by Dark Valefor and Dark Shiva. You can't get Anima unless you defeat them if you skipped those spheres.

  6. #1086

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,646
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Fereydoon View Post
    You don't happen to have a save file in Macalania before the Temple do you? Say, right after Spheremorph? Can go back then and get the treasure+all the jecht spheres.
    Actually I do have a save before even going into Besaid. Also, you can't enter any of the previous temples when going through them the first time, at least until after getting airship?? Already tried to numerous times before hand. In the case of Besaid and Djose, the doors will not open/priest wont let me through.

    But it's all good. Will play for the story, and then start all over and do things right after beating it.

  7. #1087
    Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,008
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Stupid International edition and their dark aeons.... this wasn't a problem on 'Murica edition

  8. #1088
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Stupid International edition and their dark aeons.... this wasn't a problem on 'Murica edition
    Murica was boring compared to international

  9. #1089
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,636
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Two blitzball questions since I suck. I have only done two games, the story game against Luca where I got destroyed, and one exhibition match, can't remember the team, but lost 2-0. Am I destined to get raped playing on Auto till my guys start leveling up?

    Also I wasn't paying attention at the cutscene after the learn to do Jecht shot tutorial and fucked it up. Am I unable to learn that technique now or are there other ways to learn it?

  10. #1090
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,728
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    You can catch the ferry again later on and learn it.

  11. #1091
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Two blitzball questions since I suck. I have only done two games, the story game against Luca where I got destroyed, and one exhibition match, can't remember the team, but lost 2-0. Am I destined to get raped playing on Auto till my guys start leveling up?

    Also I wasn't paying attention at the cutscene after the learn to do Jecht shot tutorial and fucked it up. Am I unable to learn that technique now or are there other ways to learn it?
    If you got to Mi'hen highroad Travel agency (before the Chocobo eater) there is a guy you can recruit there which is awsome in DEF

    Also near moonflow got a good goalie to recruit there

    I just did first league (no good rewards) lost 2 matches but Tidus leveled 3 times so now i can do Jecht shot twice per half and i'm raping shit for now

    Sphere shot would be good too since you dont have Jecht

  12. #1092
    Wild Card
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,805
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries
    16

    Melena:

    I suggest grabbing the dude sitting on the bench in Luca for a goalie. Replace Keepa with that all star. Can't remember his name but he's near the statue sitting on a bench. He's solid for awhile. Will help protect your goal while you train your party.

    Wedge is standing by the stairs above the ticket booth in Luca. He's a super solid character as well.

    Another good team member is Rovv(? I think) he's on the Highroad standing to the right of the innkeeper person I think. When you first show up there he has a NPC blocking him but once the story thing happens there you can recruit him (the npc in front of him moves).

    The best goalie in the game is Nimrook. Remember that name because he will show you no fear from the Al Bhed Psyches. He will catch any ball and gives no fucks. I swear I've had the best team composition and stats in the game and he will catch that fucking ball point fucking blank.

    Edit: There are guides out there that will tell you about characters. Some characters are really good early on then drop off later. Wedge is a solid character from start to finish so I suggest you grabbing at least him.

  13. #1093
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Melena:

    I suggest grabbing the dude sitting on the bench in Luca for a goalie. Replace Keepa with that all star. Can't remember his name but he's near the statue sitting on a bench. He's solid for awhile. Will help protect your goal while you train your party.

    Wedge is standing by the stairs above the ticket booth in Luca. He's a super solid character as well.

    Another good team member is Rovv(? I think) he's on the Highroad standing to the right of the innkeeper person I think. When you first show up there he has a NPC blocking him but once the story thing happens there you can recruit him (the npc in front of him moves).

    The best goalie in the game is Nimrook. Remember that name because he will show you no fear from the Al Bhed Psyches. He will catch any ball and gives no fucks. I swear I've had the best team composition and stats in the game and he will catch that fucking ball point fucking blank.
    That Nimrook

    Starts with 18 CAT

    FUCK HIM

  14. #1094
    Wild Card
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,805
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries
    16

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    That Nimrook

    Starts with 18 CAT

    FUCK HIM
    Nimrook catches all the balls son, all the balls. I don't even know why they had to do what they did in Luca to beat the Aurochs. No way anyone on that team could have scored on Nimrook. No fucking way.

    Edit:
    To explain how hard it was to score on him. I pummeled him with 8 shots in a single fucking halftime. Tidus went for 2 Jecht Shots, Wedge kept doing the Wither Shot until we made him so fucked up we could score 1 point in overtime. Fuck.

    I was beating the Psyches asses because they couldn't even take the ball without me grabbing it back in the next second but scoring on Nimrook was the true challenge.

  15. #1095
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,829
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I don't understand why you would ever play on auto. You can grab a pretty decent team right off in Luca, and have basically a full semi-boss team by Temple of Djose.

    I have Kyou from Djose as mid. Tidus LF, Shaami from Luca RF. Zalitz from Luca as LD, Ropp from Mihen High Road as RD, and either Jumal from Luca or Miyu from Moonflow as goalie. Nimrook is good but you can't get him for a long time so Miyu/Jumal are nice alternatives for goalie. Play some games where you just pass the ball around, including with your goalie in a non goalie spot so you can level everyone up a bit. After that play on Manual and fuck things up.

    Also if you have Sphere Shot or Jecht shot on Tidus, scoring on Nimrook is np. For Jecht shot go right up to the goal and use it to remove 2 defenders and score.

  16. #1096
    Wild Card
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,805
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries
    16

    Switch to Manual A immediately. Do people seriously play auto?

    And no, Nimrook can still catch balls at point blank with Jecht Shot.

    Tidus had a 24 Jecht Shot and Nimrook was 20 Catch. He caught that fucker.

  17. #1097
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,829
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Well yeah, but thats just bad luck. You won't score 100% of the time, but you will 80% of the time.

    Also is the consensus that the old FFX-2 Guide will take me to 100% in this version? Haven't started that game yet.

    PS. You're gonna hate when Nimrook gets Super Goalie. The odds will shift slightly further from you lol.

  18. #1098
    Wild Card
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,805
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries
    16

    There's some minor differences in X-2 International and X-2. The new stuff obviously won't be included and some minor changes here and there.

    http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/562386-f...x-2/faqs/30013

    I think for the most part you're just going to find things like monster information to be inaccurate.
    Here are the notable ones, I don't have the X-2 guide and X-2 international guide to compare and I'm lazy but honestly the differences are minimal:
    Spoiler: show

    4. Zanarkand Hot Spot, CH1, Zanarkand: when confronted by Isaaru at the place
    of Yunalesca battle in FFX, you must choose second option presented to get
    Heart Reborn GG

    5. Celsius airship, beginning of CH2: if you never went to Moonflow in CH1,
    you'll find Tobli in the hallway where three musicians are; should you
    manage to push the lil bugger into the lift first, followed by all 3
    musicians, you're awarded with Enterprise accessory

    6. Bevelle, Via Infinito, CH5: work your way to floor 40 of Via Infinito
    dungeon, then waste Black Elemental in boss battle; after the fight open
    the chest - among the loot you'll receive Cat Nip accessory
    (adjustments to the cat nip are as follows)

    Nip's effects are the following:
    - when user's HP becomes critical (that is yellow HP), all of her actions
    do 9999 damage, or 9999 healing, HOWEVER, girl is also affected with SLOW
    and BERSERK negative statuses
    - there is NO WAY no negate berserk, but you can get rid of slow by having
    Speed Bracer equipped (which grants Auto-Haste ability)

    18. Changes have been made to some of the monster's names, parameters and
    attacks. Obviously I ain't gonna list them all, but I'll mention some:
    - Trema now has Spellspring ability
    - Cactus buddies know Supreme Bullet (Fireworks attack)
    - all fiends now have immunity against itchy

    26. Another difference is that the properties of many enemy attacks have
    changed, the most significant of which is that some use MP in I+LM, while
    in the NTSC-J, NTSC-U/C, or PAL version, they did not use up MP.

  19. #1099
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    NIMROOK REPRESENT!

  20. #1100
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,829
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Sounds good thanks. I'm gonna be going away for almost 2 weeks and I don't feel like buying the new guide. So I'll have to make do with the old one long as it lets me complete properly.

Page 55 of 98 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast