Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 1841 to 1860 of 1942
  1. #1841
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,942
    BG Level
    10

    I hated Yuna and Tidus the worst because it always seemed like they were rushing their readings to fit the lips. JTA isn't a bad VA but holy crap was it just painful at times.

    "And I wanted to see it. Withyunabymyside."

  2. #1842
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I hated Yuna and Tidus the worst because it always seemed like they were rushing their readings to fit the lips. JTA isn't a bad VA but holy crap was it just painful at times.

    "And I wanted to see it. Withyunabymyside."
    Was this posted before? I don't remember


  3. #1843
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,844
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I bet thats been posted like 5 times in this thread. Because we love having conversations about the Tidus laugh.

  4. #1844
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    New to someone I suppose

  5. #1845
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    Wtf I forgot to list Auron.

    Auron - about the same as English. Actually the English VA has a hint of humor in his voice which made him a more believable "grizzled old man" to me somehow but they're both good.

    bonus: Seymour - way better in Japanese. He doesn't automatically sound sinisterly flamboyant. He sounds respectable and like someone you can trust right off the bat instead.

    The Tidus readings have gotten better as the game goes along.

  6. #1846
    Hyperion Cross
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    8,917
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    So Steam version officially supports swapping between NA and JP now? Or is a hack/patch still required? (@Silenka I guess you patched it manually)

    I forgive the English voices because of the follow factors:

    1. First major FF game to have voices (if you want horrible, go look at Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, I'm sure there's others but those 2 games stick out in my head)
    2. Lip flap/sync tech or budget was not there, they couldn't redo cutscenes

    Back in 2004 I did purchase some "movie-dvd" of all of the games cutscenes on eBay; as I regularly watch JP stuff even back then I didn't find any of the voices particularly annoying, but I always liked Auron for being the chilled stoic father to his team type of person.

    And quick question, though I think I asked before but not here: did the English versions of the remaster get a redub? Or still the same original voices?

  7. #1847
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,750
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    You can choose between English and Japanese by default, but subtitles change with it. A mod is available on the steam forums (it's also been linked in this thread a few times) that enables JP voices with English subtitles, plus a mountain of other features.

    Edit : Does all this, and guess I'll just link again.

    https://github.com/Kaldaien/UnX

    Audio Language Selection (Japanese -> English and English -> Japanese)
    (Exclusive) Fullscreen Mode
    Intel GPU Bypass
    DPI Scaling Fixes
    Performance Fixes
    Cursor Management
    Custom Gamepad Buttons
    Button Remapping Support
    Fixes problems with swapped A/B, X/Y, LB/RB buttons
    Gamepad Mappings for F1 - F5
    Texture Dumping and Injection (for modding)
    PSN Trophy Sound on Achievement Unlock

  8. #1848
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,264
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    You can choose between English and Japanese by default, but subtitles change with it. A mod is available on the steam forums (it's also been linked in this thread a few times) that enables JP voices with English subtitles, plus a mountain of other features.

    Edit : Does all this, and guess I'll just link again.

    https://github.com/Kaldaien/UnX
    I have a terrible time navigating Github, as I never use it for anything:
    https://github.com/Kaldaien/UnX/releases/tag/unx_041

  9. #1849
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,942
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    So Steam version officially supports swapping between NA and JP now? Or is a hack/patch still required? (@Silenka I guess you patched it manually)

    I forgive the English voices because of the follow factors:

    1. First major FF game to have voices (if you want horrible, go look at Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, I'm sure there's others but those 2 games stick out in my head)
    2. Lip flap/sync tech or budget was not there, they couldn't redo cutscenes

    Back in 2004 I did purchase some "movie-dvd" of all of the games cutscenes on eBay; as I regularly watch JP stuff even back then I didn't find any of the voices particularly annoying, but I always liked Auron for being the chilled stoic father to his team type of person.

    And quick question, though I think I asked before but not here: did the English versions of the remaster get a redub? Or still the same original voices?
    They're the original, though some lines are redone or new ones added.

  10. #1850
    And they're spectacular!
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    609
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

  11. #1851
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,942
    BG Level
    10

    Sweeeeeet

  12. #1852
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,750
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Man I don't give a fuck if that might be "cheating" because goddamn is that a beautiful feature to have.

    Edit : Damn, and a freelook camera mode? Between this and the ToZ Fix Kaldaien is a fucking wizard.

  13. #1853
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Man I don't give a fuck if that might be "cheating" because goddamn is that a beautiful feature to have.

    Edit : Damn, and a freelook camera mode? Between this and the ToZ Fix Kaldaien is a fucking wizard.
    I would consider this a time saver rather than a cheat. Having to swap members and have them act just to earn AP was a pain in the ass.

  14. #1854
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,750
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Oh yeah, it has always been annoying as shit. I've been putting off playing it on PC, but once I finally do sit down and grind all the changes UnX brings will be make it so much more enjoyable.

  15. #1855
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,311
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

    Quote Originally Posted by Mabubeezareel View Post
    I was kind of against it at first because seeming like it would make the game "too easy" (and it kind of does, sure), but the shared AP makes the game play so much better. I can actually swap people in and out based on the encounter and who's needed rather than being concerned about making sure I use who I want to level or being unable to use someone because they're under-levelled.

  16. #1856
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,844
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Shared ap seems nice because i was always swapping people in for ap without any real need to.

  17. #1857
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,750
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    UNX now has partial support for cutscene skipping, and there is a FFX Nexus page up for texture mods and whatnot

    http://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasyxx2hdremaster/?

  18. #1858
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,046
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    UNX now has partial support for cutscene skipping, and there is a FFX Nexus page up for texture mods and whatnot

    http://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasyxx2hdremaster/?
    While I'm not one to look for nude mods and such, I find it highly ironic some of the first texture mods (aside obvious upscaling) is to show less fanservice.

  19. #1859
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,031
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    I just got a physical copy at Wal-Mart for 14.88.

  20. #1860
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    I did lightning dodges first go with no cheats or scripts, just took patience.

    BUT THIS FUCKING CHOCOBO RACE GAME MOTHERFUCKER

    I got 0.04 as my best time so far....if only I hadn't hit that one bird...

Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast