Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 123
  1. #101
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I assume everyone is having network connection issues, or is it just me?

  2. #102
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    1h left on the update

  3. #103
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,155
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    I assume everyone is having network connection issues, or is it just me?
    big time

  4. #104
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    374
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Anyone mind hosting this or tossin' up a bt? You'd be a hero of all time.

  5. #105
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    534
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Flight_93 View Post
    Anyone mind hosting this or tossin' up a bt? You'd be a hero of all time.
    This a million times.

  6. #106
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,823
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    and Abyssea La Theine is broken. Killed all the worms, none respawning

  7. #107
    But I don't want my title changed
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,486
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    and Abyssea La Theine is broken. Killed all the worms, none respawning
    ...lol

    I love it

  8. #108
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,823
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    ok, theire respawning now, just really really really slowly

    edit: and now theyre spawning back to normal

  9. #109
    MaachaQ
    Guest

    I don't see a thread for stuff broken by the update:

    I entered Abyssea-Misareaux with my mule, noticed I only had 1 stone on her and warped to get more stones without getting time. When I returned to the maw, it told me I had to wait 57 minutes to enter >.> I know they fixed that problem a long time ago, but it appears the update borked it.

  10. #110
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    You're sure you actually grabbed visitant?

  11. #111
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    22
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    I entered Abyssea-Misareaux with my mule, noticed I only had 1 stone on her and warped to get more stones without getting time. When I returned to the maw, it told me I had to wait 57 minutes to enter >.> I know they fixed that problem a long time ago, but it appears the update borked it.
    It's always been that way. If you leave before you get visitant, you get locked out for an hour same as if you'd timed out.

    Dunno why they'd fix it, because I'm pretty sure it's intentional.

  12. #112
    MaachaQ
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    You're sure you actually grabbed visitant?
    No, I didn't get status, I checked with the surveyor and when I saw I only had 1 stone, I cancelled out of the menu and warped. I did this before the update a few times and was able to enter again right away.

  13. #113
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by MaachaQ View Post
    No, I didn't get status, I checked with the surveyor and when I saw I only had 1 stone, I cancelled out of the menu and warped. I did this before the update a few times and was able to enter again right away.
    Uhh, I don't think so. Afaik if you enter and exit w/o getting visitant you always get locked out?

  14. #114
    MaachaQ
    Guest

    I'm trying to find the update that changed it... I know for certain it isn't supposed to lock you out if you don't get status, since with this same mule I entered and exited all 9 zones without getting status when I was flagging the boss quests for her and unlocking the ability to warp to the zones.

    edit: found it

    http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Dawn_of_Death

    Note: As of the Heroes of Abyssea update, you can now leave Abyssea areas without getting Visitant status for no penalty, so long as you were not ejected and left voluntarily or via a warp or teleport spell cast on you.

  15. #115
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    22
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by MaachaQ View Post
    I'm trying to find the update that changed it... I know for certain it isn't supposed to lock you out if you don't get status, since with this same mule I entered and exited all 9 zones without getting status when I was flagging the boss quests for her and unlocking the ability to warp to the zones.

    edit: found it

    http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Dawn_of_Death
    My understanding of that is that it applies to that quest only to keep people unfamiliar with Abyssea from getting immediately locked out by not knowing they had to turn in a stone first. I'm 100% positive you still got locked out for not getting Visitant normally between the Heroes update and this one because I've had it happen to my inattentive friends several times in between.

  16. #116
    KoD
    KoD is offline
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    224
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Nope you don't get lock'd out if get kicked or warp out prior to status, i alway used dc after entering time i got bck i was kicked but was still able to reenter straight away!

  17. #117
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by KoD View Post
    Nope you don't get lock'd out if get kicked or warp out prior to status, i alway used dc after entering time i got bck i was kicked but was still able to reenter straight away!
    You don't get kicked out. I sometimes enter maw and then afk, come back and can re enter etc. np.

  18. #118
    MaachaQ
    Guest

    GM on the official forums said it was normal to be locked out like I did, but I swear to god I've done exactly the same thing I did today (enter, notice I had 1 or no stones, warp to get stones, reenter) and not been locked out before... The only thing I can think of that might be different is that my mule had timed out on the night before, so she had no time saved with the NPC at all. I think normally when I've entered and warped without getting status I've at least had 10+ minutes saved with the NPC.

  19. #119
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Any time I've timed out, I can reenter right away; any time I've warped out I've had to wait.

  20. #120
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    22
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Every time I've seen someone get locked out, it's because they warped without getting time. I guess it's only if you warp that you get locked out, not if you time out without getting visitant?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. All Worlds Maintenance (Oct. 19)
    By 6souls in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2011-10-19, 13:58