1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 25 minutes
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 119
  1. #81
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...pon-Blue-Posts
    Granted the weapons from WoW's 4.2 Firelands are not exactly the same, but they have very similar characteristics. The bulkiness of the new XIV weapons even resemble the size of WoWs weapons.
    Yeah, but you can find crazier stuff in the past I think. Didn't actually play Cata so I dunno how stuff looks there.

  2. #82
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Personally, these weapons and current stuff WoW are still worlds apart for me.
    They should be. The styles are totally different.

    They could be worse, but they will have to constantly "outdo" themselves from here on. It will only get crazier, and more over-the-top and that will be even weirder.

  3. #83
    F5 Like A Boss.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,396
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    "So, these pants you're wearing. The more you wear them, the more you start liking them, which in turn creates a bond between you and the pants. And when you and pants love each other very, very much, you can use miracles and magnets to turn them into a magical gem. Oh, it's called MATERIA by the way. MATERIA like in FINAL FANTASY SEVEN. CLOUD, SEPHIROTH. BUY OUR GAME PLZ".

    But this is besides the point perhaps. Looks like the art direction is affected as well though. Ifrit coming out from the flames is like Sephiroth.
    Oh please. You're only mad cause they're calling it Materia. If they used a different name like Synergy or something completely random you would be creaming your pants. Don't care what they call it. If its functional, and adds something new/good to the game they could call it the Turd System and it would still be fine with me.

  4. #84
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,092
    BG Level
    8

    Watched the weapons video again and it looks like they only glow when you're engaged, at least that

  5. #85
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,421
    BG Level
    9

    The bow looked more Aion to me than WoW. The only ones that I truly loathed were the fist weapons...

  6. #86
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I'm more than happy that these exist at all, but I would have probably preferred that most of them were 1/2 as beefy and thick. That bow looks downright comical.

  7. #87
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    they could call it the Turd System and it would still be fine with me.
    Oh I believe you.

    Yoshida taking a dump in your ear would still probably be fine with you. Well, as long as Blizzard did it first. That way it would become the industry standard.

  8. #88
    F5 Like A Boss.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,396
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

  9. #89
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Well, he didn't deny it.... but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

    Honesty is a virtue.

  10. #90
    Bard-turned-Miner
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,648
    BG Level
    7

    IMO, the bow and knuckles are the only ones that are unduly over-the-top and give you a "WTF?" moment. The lance is great, the sword and axe are pretty decent. The rest don't have a great design, but aren't crazy bad.

  11. #91
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    They look like vereth if you dulled them and stuck them in a furnace, and imagining how to successfully land a punch with such a weapon is absurd.

    Overall they just look like a hodgepodge of rock and hide, the axe is the only one that looks like an actually functional weapon.

    If you showed me the spear out of context I'd say it was a fiery turd on a stick.

    edit: and hopefully they have the foresight to make them crafted items with the core ingredient dropping from the fight, if they just come from the chest as-is it's gonna be lots of fun getting a million staves/knuckles when your group only needs axes and bows.

  12. #92
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    760
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    His post is basically saying "I hate Warcraft Style, but it's cool now because SE did it". He isn't saying they are just "bearable", he says he enjoys them and are suitable. SE fanboy-ism and hypocrisy at it's best.


    It's not just the glow, but the style in structure.

    I'm open to this change, I'm not hating on the weapons, I like the weapons (expect the wand), but all the hate towards WoW's style is ridicules when SE does the exact same shit now and people praise it.
    Not... really? I didn't say I hate warcraft's 'style', I was just stating that the effects we're getting are vastly different from WoW's own effects, which is a comparison being made across multiple boards.

    Me not being a fan of the excessive effects used as enchantments on WoW's weapons isn't really relevant in the comparison, and I don't see how it makes me a fanboy or a hypocrite?

    I'm not saying "It's cool now SE did it" because, as you said, the styles of the two games are completely different and so are the effects. To summarise, it's very different.

  13. #93
    Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,668
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

    Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    If you showed me the spear out of context I'd say it was a fiery turd on a stick.
    Sounds like the game a year ago. Maybe an anniversary item?!

    Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    Not... really? I didn't say I hate warcraft's 'style', I was just stating that the effects we're getting are vastly different from WoW's own effects, which is a comparison being made across multiple boards.

    Me not being a fan of the excessive effects used as enchantments on WoW's weapons isn't really relevant in the comparison, and I don't see how it makes me a fanboy or a hypocrite?

    I'm not saying "It's cool now SE did it" because, as you said, the styles of the two games are completely different and so are the effects. To summarise, it's very different.
    The way you came across with it made it seem that way. Whether you did or didn't, oh well.

  14. #94
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    If you showed me the spear out of context I'd say it was a fiery turd on a stick.
    No wonder Kuro is fapping on the background!

  15. #95
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    53
    BG Level
    2
    WoW Realm
    Rexxar

    I'll agree that some of them look pretty silly, but the effect is subtle enough for me and I really do like how they basically shout "I got this from Ifrit."

  16. #96
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    760
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    The way you came across with it made it seem that way. Whether you did or didn't, oh well.
    Apologies for that then, I'll try to be more clearer about it in ze future.

    Having looked at those cata images, the bow really does look like something that belongs there. I do think it's fair to say ifrit's design obviously dominates these things, I'm hoping future primals like Garuda would have much slicker, streamlined and possibly less glowy designs.

  17. #97
    F5 Like A Boss.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,396
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    No wonder Kuro is fapping on the background!
    lol u so mad bro.


  18. #98
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    lol u so mad bro.
    Haha, it was the perfect opportunity and I simply used it.

    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls5r2unY5M1qbhzh9.jpg

  19. #99
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,391
    BG Level
    6

    Now I shiver in fear of what Titan's weapons may look like.

  20. #100
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    Now I shiver in fear of what Titan's weapons may look like.
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...t_Stonebow.png

    :[

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Letter from the Producer, XVIII (09/21/2011)
    By Waraji in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 2011-09-26, 11:32
  2. Letter from the Producer, XVII (09/01/2011)
    By Reapz in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 2011-09-03, 23:05
  3. Letter from the Producer, VII (04/01/2011)
    By Cayos in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 2011-04-03, 18:50
  4. Letter from the Producer, VI (03/16/2011)
    By Hyan in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2011-03-21, 02:40
  5. Letter from the Producer, V (03/03/2011)
    By Hyan in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 2011-03-08, 19:23
  6. Letter from the Producer, IV (02/28/2011)
    By sruon in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 2011-03-08, 12:26
  7. Letter from the Producer, III (02/17/2011) + Player's Poll
    By Hyan in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 2011-02-25, 20:28
  8. Letter from the Producer, II (2/1/2011)
    By Corrderio in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 2011-02-02, 15:30