Page 203 of 952 FirstFirst ... 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 ... LastLast
Results 4041 to 4060 of 19037
  1. #4041
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,362
    BG Level
    7

    Well, I was hesitant to join too because I didn't know how well I'd be on top of more than one fantasy league. I'm a shoe-in for next year though without a doubt.

  2. #4042
    Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

    Vamos los Perds!

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,582
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Caps v Preds was a fucking sick game. I think Weber may have shot the hardest empty net goal ever.

  3. #4043
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    Yeah, ESPN is better over all. Kinda sucks that you can destory someone in like, goals, assist, PIMs but end up losing 4-5 or something because they had one more SOG or one more Hit than you.

  4. #4044
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    Agreeing with the ESPN vs Yahoo comments, I find managing my ESPN team much more enjoyable and also enjoy the spread of stats that were chosen more as well. Their layout is also nicer, the live-updating scoreboard is a feature I like.

  5. #4045
    There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,058
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    Agreeing with the ESPN vs Yahoo comments, I find managing my ESPN team much more enjoyable and also enjoy the spread of stats that were chosen more as well. Their layout is also nicer, the live-updating scoreboard is a feature I like.
    Best thing is the point values for each stat can always be adjusted. Like if next year we want to put less emphasis on Goal scorers (right now a G is 5pts and GWG 7, assist is only 2) we can up the Assist and PPP values. Or if we want to make a goalie losing hurt a lot more, make Losses the same value as Wins and remove point values from Saves. Lots of flexibility.

  6. #4046
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,032
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoronas View Post
    Vagus how do you have three goalies and manage to bench the only one playing today?
    I didn't pay attention to the goalies today. Lol. It worked out as he lost and got shelled for 3.

    Pacific Division is tough as hell. Dallas missed the playoffs by 1 point last season. Without Richards they're #1 in the division. San Jose, LA & Anaheim at some point will pick it up. If not, which one of these 3 will have an off season? Why Minnesota is 1st in the NW is beyond me. Besides the obvious Vancouver is playing like shit. Chicago in 1st no susprise, but Detroit. WTF? Washington in 1st in SE is no surprise, Florida in 2nd is. Buffalo being 1st is no surprise considering how much skrilla they spent. Toronto in second is nice surprise. Boston picking it up. Atlantic is scary. Pittsburgh still missing 2 starts. Rangers at some point will slow down.

  7. #4047
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    194
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Best thing is the point values for each stat can always be adjusted. Like if next year we want to put less emphasis on Goal scorers (right now a G is 5pts and GWG 7, assist is only 2) we can up the Assist and PPP values. Or if we want to make a goalie losing hurt a lot more, make Losses the same value as Wins and remove point values from Saves. Lots of flexibility.
    IMO the points given for a goalie win or loss should be lessened in either direction, and more points put into saves and more taken away for a goal against. The way it's set up now, a stellar effort in a 0-1 loss doesn't net you many points, but Fleury's sub .900 effort against colorado yesterday gets me a nice handful of points. The system as it is now rewards you for picking a goalie on a good team rather than just a good goalie.

    Also, I'm not sure goalies get enough points period. They tend to play fewer games than skaters and over the course of a year a top flight goalie will only net you as many total points as a somewhat average skater. I was considering dropping Garon and going with two goalies from here on out because of that, but figured Enroth was gonna be getting a lot of starts in a row so picked him up instead.

  8. #4048
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    I didn't pay attention to the goalies today. Lol. It worked out as he lost and got shelled for 3.

    Pacific Division is tough as hell. Dallas missed the playoffs by 1 point last season. Without Richards they're #1 in the division. San Jose, LA & Anaheim at some point will pick it up. If not, which one of these 3 will have an off season? Why Minnesota is 1st in the NW is beyond me. Besides the obvious Vancouver is playing like shit. Chicago in 1st no susprise, but Detroit. WTF? Washington in 1st in SE is no surprise, Florida in 2nd is. Buffalo being 1st is no surprise considering how much skrilla they spent. Toronto in second is nice surprise. Boston picking it up. Atlantic is scary. Pittsburgh still missing 2 starts. Rangers at some point will slow down.
    Detroit hasn't really played badly in many games this year despite their 6 game losing streak, but they've always seemed to lack something in those games. Several times it was goaltending, because Conklin seems fuckin terrible. Most of the time it was finish, because it seems like no one outside of Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Franzen/Filppula/Lidstrom can score, and the Z/F/F line is streaky as hell. The Wings desperately need 2 more top 6 wingers because Holmstrom and Cleary skating with Datsyuk is a damn shame. They're also still "in" the playoff picture and have a game in hand on most teams ahead of them so despite a huge losing streak they're still in ok position.

  9. #4049
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    I had a post written up about how Detroit isn't that bad but really all I care about is getting Datsyuk 2 wingers who aren't Cleary and Holmstrom.

    edit: Oh wait I posted it.

    So about ESPN scoring, I think next season maybe upping assists slightly (to like 2.5) would be good, slightly lowering GWG and PPP, and goalie changes like Kashka recommended would be good. Would make huge efforts in a loss more rewarding, and getting shelled/pulled more painful, which seems fair.

  10. #4050
    Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,006
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Twas at the Penguins-Avalanche game last night courtesy of Student Rush.... a shame Crosby did not return but an amazing game nonetheless. Beautiful goals by both teams, Duchene was maybe 20 feet in front of me as I was lower bowl on Avs-shoot-twice side when he made that play in the first period. Goal of the year candidate easily. Malkins was pretty beast too. Orpik's lucky goal aside, he played like ass most of the game. What a blessing the NHL can have an inter-conference 0 rivalry game produce such an exciting, skill-laden, high-tempo game on national TV in the wake of NBA/MLB/NFL not playing, but oh wait.... NCAA basketball started so now there's just 10 dunks for top 10 plays.... #NoDucheneLove

  11. #4051
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Caps v Preds was a fucking sick game. I think Weber may have shot the hardest empty net goal ever.
    Rinne is otherworldly when he's on. Both teams had a ton of chances, especially late, but I'm starting to see how teams attack Vokoun. He overplays pucks around the goal line, and he's not a big butterfly guy, so a lot of pucks sneak around or behind him on passes and deflections. Just sucks that the Caps played so well for 55 minutes and get no points for it.

  12. #4052
    sauce
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,541
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    I agree about the ESPN goalies stats needing adjusted next year. There's a big potential for negative points unless you have top 15 goaltending right now. I did go back to 2 goalies for that reason. Though I wish I had kept Smith now.

  13. #4053
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    I'm not sure what's the difference between last year and this year outside of less injuries but all my transactions and a few of my less mainstream draft picks are paying off huge so far, Carcillo is doing awesome, dropping Varly for Smith paid instant dividends, Versteeg is tearing shit up and I probably ruined Palin's season by letting him have Hiller. Last year it was like the more I actively tried to manage my team the worse I did, lol...

  14. #4054
    There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,058
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I'm not sure what's the difference between last year and this year outside of less injuries but all my transactions and a few of my less mainstream draft picks are paying off huge so far, Carcillo is doing awesome, dropping Varly for Smith paid instant dividends, Versteeg is tearing shit up and I probably ruined Palin's season by letting him have Hiller. Last year it was like the more I actively tried to manage my team the worse I did, lol...
    Its only November, I guarantee you Hiller comes back to form. But ya short term its hurting me. How's Tanguay been?

  15. #4055
    Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,565
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Stewart gets 3 games for the hit on Kronwall.

  16. #4056
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,819
    BG Level
    8

    Sassagecam tonight for round two of Chicago vs Vancouver? Luongo is injured so Chicago has to deal with Ginger Jesus!

  17. #4057
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Palin View Post
    Its only November, I guarantee you Hiller comes back to form. But ya short term its hurting me. How's Tanguay been?
    Not very active, but forwards in a rough patch definitely do a lot less harm, and Neal/Hossa/Versteeg have been piling up points so my offense has been fine.

  18. #4058
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoronas View Post
    Sassagecam tonight for round two of Chicago vs Vancouver? Luongo is injured so Chicago has to deal with Ginger Jesus!
    Yeah it'll be on, I actually will be at an ECHL game up through probably the end of the first but I'll start SC before I leave, that game starts at 7CST, Hawks/Nucks at 9.

  19. #4059
    sauce
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,541
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    i guess they were more interested in delivering a message during the preseason than they are now.

  20. #4060
    Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,565
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoronas View Post
    Sassagecam tonight for round two of Chicago vs Vancouver? Luongo is injured so Chicago has to deal with Ginger Jesus!
    Bolland is playing hurt, specifically to bother the Sedins, but Seabrook is still out. I guess the health of one man is not important when it comes to the team winning lol.

Page 203 of 952 FirstFirst ... 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5592
    Last Post: 2013-01-07, 10:39
  2. Replies: 3256
    Last Post: 2012-10-04, 09:45
  3. Replies: 11291
    Last Post: 2012-06-15, 09:02
  4. Replies: 2529
    Last Post: 2011-10-05, 07:14
  5. 2010-2011 NBA Season Thread
    By Rhinox in forum Sports
    Replies: 7624
    Last Post: 2011-07-23, 22:08
  6. 2010-2011 NHL Season Thread
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 12372
    Last Post: 2011-04-11, 22:16