http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...char_35124.jpg
HEY, FUCK YOU BUDD-EH
Wow Gretzky's daughter is hot, FoD material.
I could be dropping bombs on Habs fans thanks to the Leafs, but I don't.
Habs fans know instinctively just how bad their team is this year.
Exactly. If I cared about Baseball, I could know the Pirates suck and its no big deal. But baseball fans wouldn't like it if I acted like the Pirates were hot shit cause they won a bunch before I was alive. If Nynja just said, "Yeah my team isn't very good this year and will overperform just to make the 6-8 seed, and Pacioretty did screw up." the conversation is over. But instead he brings up a bunch of things from when Stalin was still in power and expects us to care.
Have to agree, where were all the PIT fans when their team sucked ass after Lemeiux? Team went bankrupt the second they stopped making the playoffs. Now that they have 4 players from the 1st or 2nd pick overall, they are the best franchise ever with the best fans ever? Plenty of shitty teams have had money problems but they were usually in small markets that had no real tradition, or legends like Lemeiux/Jagr. I know there are other factors like ridiculous contracts(for the time) but the team had the lowest attendance rates in the NHL for a couple seasons during their shitty years. Pittsburgh may not be the richest city in the US but fans completely disappeared when they stopped winning.
Only NHL team to go bankrupt twice also.
1. Not the #1 sport/team in the city.
2. Lack of recognizable hero. (Every team, face it, needs a hero or two. They don't all have to be 100 point players (Stevens, Neidermeyer, good goalie), but every team needs a couple players that sell a shit ton of jerseys, and what do you expect? People to all don Martin Straka jerseys? Patrick Lalime?! The team had ZERO star power.)
3. Old ass stadium.
And in all fairness, when a team gets good, and the attendence returns to 100%+, its easy to say "Yeah, you'd expect that to happen when the wins resume" but there's teams winning in this league that aren't getting the seats sold out. Hell, Minnesota is in whats considered one of the best, if not THE BEST hockey region in America, the Wild are tops in the West, and they're still not selling out seats. So while it seems like a given, give Penguins fans credit for coming back.
And to be fair and not derail this from Montreal Canadiens fans thinking theyre gods, but Capitals attendance slumped too while they sucked.
Capitals Attendance
2001-2002 16.4k
2002-2003 15.7k (down)
2003-2004 14.7k (down)
2005-2006 13.9k (down)
2006-2007 13.9k again (bottoms out)
2007-2008 15.4k (omg we're starting to win, up)
2008-2009 18k+ (selling out again)
Yea well my team has been between decent and shit for my known life, and I still cheer for them.
Is this a "who's the bigger die-hard homer challenge"? Because leaf and hab fans have a huge head start on America. At least you fuckers can get tickets for a hockey game
So +1 for me?But still act like its 1934
http://washingtonexaminer.com/files/...jpg?1322541369
Ovechkin is getting roasted over this coaching fiasco.
This just in, I'm in your head enough that despite someone already saying the same thing, you wasted time mathematically counting and figuring out exactly how many teams could. You can deny it, but I take good pleasure in knowing you spent 2-3 minutes looking for a minor thing to call me on after I wasted a mere 5-10 seconds half-assed checking said-stat.
Its actually quite easy since you talk out of your ass all the time.
Adding 4 to 29 now takes 3 mins.
Chill down little penguin.
I was just browsing the earlier posts before pointing out your error. I knew the Penguins were pretty much the top of the standings, but there were 2-3 teams right behind them.
It's quite amusing how aggressive you get when you're in the wrong. Anyone else imagining a little penguin going crazy little German kid at his computer lol?
Blame the good-natured, minor league stud as a player, Calder Cup and Jack Adams-winning as a coach, sound byte factory, Toronto native... or the Russian, selfish, pinko Commie, toothless, overweight, overexposed, formerly MVP-level star?
Tough call for the Canadian media right there.