All sorts of bonkers scenarios tonight, I'm watching the East.
Unreal game conditions in the South-least.A Sabres regulation loss immediately puts the Panthers in the playoffs for the first time since 2000 regardless of what happens in Washington. However, if Buffalo loses in regulation and the Capitals beat the Panthers in any way, Washington also clinches a playoff berth.
The Sabres and Capitals both have 88 points, but Washington holds the tiebreaker with five more regulation/overtime wins (ROW).
Buffalo, though, could move into eighth place if it wins in Philadelphia and the Capitals lose in any way to the Panthers. The Sabres would also move up to eighth with one point gained in their game against the Flyers as long as the Capitals lose in regulation to the Panthers.
Florida, by the way, needs just one point to clinch its first Southeast Division title in franchise history. However, it's also still possible for the Panthers to miss the playoffs entirely.
Stamkos can get 60 at home against the Leafs tonight, and we have it within ourselves to let him. If the Leafs lose in regulation, they win the prize.
Good Puck Daddy article highlighting why Quick should get Vezina and not Lundqvist, such as having better stats despite getting less help - both in the form of offense and defense (such as shots his team blocks, amount of penalties he has to kill, etc).
There really is no wrong choice between Hank and Quick. I personally like Lundqvist better, I really enjoyed his piece on Real Sports, but really it's just because he's so damn handsome.
I was bitching about having to play DET, but I'm suddenly more scared of LA I think. Also ending up in 6th after being 4th or 5th for so long is just bad juju heading into the playoffs.
And I fully expect to lose, possibly in a big way, tonight against DAL. They are going to be playing like a bunch of psychos with the RAGE virus from 28 Days Later.
This is going to be such a clusterfuck of games tonight.
Love it.
Let the islanders win and the Leafs lose gracefully
Christ, I need to get drunk tonight. Going to be scoreboard watching like crazy.
Canucks have won 7 in a row and are playing Calgary tonight. Also Ginger Jesus is net. Make it eight boys!
Also Pittsburgh needs to beat the Rangers tonight. Preferably brutally so the Rangers play their last game demoralized and lose that too.
And this LA vs. SJ GIF dance off thread on HFBoards is pretty fantastic:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...154807&page=11
Go Kings!
It's a lot to do with a threeway man-crush between Callahan, Lundqvist, and Rupp. I'm a big fan of the team's overall work ethic. Aside from Lundqvist I don't really consider very many of their players superstar caliber (really, really good players though), yet look where they're at.
Wait. Wulf is rooting, FOR the Kings?
:D
I hate the Sharks. I would love DAL to usurp them on the last game of the season, but it requires us losing tonight to DAL. I would take an OTL if DET loses to NJ as it would put us back in 4th due to ROW advantage meaning if we beat COL on the last day of the season in R/OT, we get 4th regardless what DET does.
Any chance all 3 Cali teams can still miss the playoffs? This way the NHL will make some changes for the American market.