Page 21 of 145 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 2898
  1. #401
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Bodied everyone and still talked shit during his acceptance speech after finals. He gave shoutouts to Dave for being the only person who could stop him from winning all weekend. Dave was the event organizer who DQ'd him for oversleeping during pools.

    Apparently this made Justin extremely salty and he was popping off right outide the ballroom. Krone walked straight through Justin and his army of dick riders like he didn't give a fuck, lmao it was hilarious.

  2. #402
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Justin can get salty all he wants. He got manhandled throughout the finals. Granted, it comes down to Viper, but a lot of people were getting on krone's case for getting his times confused. No surprised he decided to use that to fuel a runback.

    That's not to say you get carte blanche to show up whenever the fuck you want. Speaking as a TO, I'll DQ your ass at the drop of a hat.

  3. #403
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    He was something like two and a half hours off? I understand giving a player, especially a star player, a little bit of a cushion, but not that much.

  4. #404
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,141
    BG Level
    9

    He was crying about not having his phone like it was his only way of knowing when pools were going to start. And yet:



    The salt will flow well into the next major.

  5. #405
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    He was crying about not having his phone like it was his only way of knowing when pools were going to start. And yet:



    The salt will flow well into the next major.
    Maybe that wasn't his phone? I'm not going to defend him on this, though - Vandole, the excuse makes him look more like a house nigga than him playing on pad.

    For Christ sakes, the guy won the LG Cup. He should have phones dropping from his asshole.

  6. #406
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Not what I heard. It was on L.I Joe's stream.

    Apparently Justin doesn't like Krone because at NCR or some shit, Justin asked Krone to split the pot since I guess they were at grand finals and Krone said ok at first. After Krone won, he was acting a bit shady towards Justin until Justin confronted him and Krone told Justin, he didn't feel comfortable splitting the pot. I understand not wanted to split the pot but don't agree to something like that and then back out. Or put simpler, don't fuck with people and money.

    What happened at Final Round allegedly could definitely be some high school shit though. Krone was next to Justin and cronies and Justin made some snide comment out loud making sure Krone could hear it. Krone was pretty much trying to squash shit because I guess he's not the type that likes to seek out enemies but Justin wasn't having it. Eventually Krone ended up walking away. This was all said by Noel Shitstain Brown so take from it what you will.

    This is the link on L.I Joe's stream where it's all explained. Also has a Triforce pop-off as a bonus.

  7. #407
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    All I can say is in my two encounters with Krone he was polite and humble as all hell, I would believe Noel on that

  8. #408
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Seconded. Even though it's Noel.

  9. #409
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Re: JWong asking to split pot...is that a normal thing? I understand it between teammates like Justin/Ricky at SCR, but why would Justin even ask, just to hedge bets because he knew Krone could win?

  10. #410
    Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,075
    BG Level
    8

    I met him @ Revelations last year and when it was his turn to fight Diago he wasn't anywhere to be found lol. I said it before but he always looks like he's lost. I also had spoken w/ him before hand w/o not knowing jack shit about him or who he was and he was really nice too.

  11. #411
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Re: JWong asking to split pot...is that a normal thing? I understand it between teammates like Justin/Ricky at SCR, but why would Justin even ask, just to hedge bets because he knew Krone could win?
    Pretty much. Justin Wong purportedly always does this with people he knows, especially in games he know he will get Top 2 or Top 3 in. Can you honestly blame him however? Once you are Top 2 it can go either way, so might as well equal out the payout. However it's bad because blatant sandbagging or just not playing to the top of your skill becomes involved.

    If I ever get Top 2 in a tournament, best believe I'm not splitting shit. I'd rather play 100% always.

    Anyways, speaking from experience with local tournaments since the mid 90s, pot splitting has ALWAYS been a problem and always will be a problem, local or major.

    (P.S., I know I'm speaking out of both sides of my mouth, but I've matured a quite since the days of MSHvsSF, KOF98, Alpha 2 and Tekken 2/3.)

  12. #412
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    It depends, if I somehow made it I'd sure as shit take the guaranteed money lol, but I'd make it a 70/30 to the winner or something.

  13. #413
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,389
    BG Level
    8

    Funny enough, the smash community got lambasted for pot-splitting a couple years ago.

  14. #414
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    True enough. That's where the obvious potsplitting comes in. Wong knows he could take an upset offa Krone, but also knows the odds that Krone would body him free. Like I said, if I was at Krone's level of play and know I will body everyone, then fuck all those niggas, splitting with nobody.

  15. #415
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Final Round scared Kusoru so much that he's never coming back to the States. Yikes.

  16. #416
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Is that the positive side of FGC being full of dicks that everyone was trying to point out during SexAssault?

  17. #417
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Final Round scared Kusoru so much that he's never coming back to the States. Yikes.
    I personally think that's dumb but then I guess I could see how the average JP might not be used to America's level of aggression.

    I still think he should man up and atleast go to EVO.

  18. #418
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I don't think it's a manner of "manning up..."

    TL;DR: America got beat by one of the five gods of shit games.

  19. #419
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Final Round scared Kusoru so much that he's never coming back to the States. Yikes.
    Japanese men are scared of the women over there; I'm not surprised they'd be terrified of all the blax and mexicans in the U.S. Scene, especially guys like PR Rog and Noel Brown, who are infamous for their salt and pop-off skills.

    It is a loss, though, as I love seeing the "invasion" storylines when Japan shows up at a major U.S. tourney and everyone goes into "AMERICA FUCK YEAH!" defense mode, and I love the Japanese players in general.

  20. #420
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    I personally think that's dumb but then I guess I could see how the average JP might not be used to America's level of aggression.

    I still think he should man up and atleast go to EVO.
    I'd be scared too if I was a small JP dude with a bunch of 250lb minorities harassing me for MMs to take some of my hard-earned pot money. Dude had legit-as-fuck wins, flossed in a bunch of funny pics and a few saltmine tweets, which if ANYBODY should have applauded it'd be the mahvel community, and out come the fucking wolves.

Page 21 of 145 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. EVO 2011 is officially over! fuudoooooooooooooooooooooo!!
    By Vandole in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 1266
    Last Post: 2011-08-07, 05:03
  2. Life is now Complete
    By Ragnell in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 2009-05-08, 07:58