Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Paranormal Activity 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #21
    Certified Man-Child
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,470
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    The house I grew up in is haunted. The previous owners had a six year old girl that drowned in the bathroom. At night I would hear my name being whispered in my ear while I was sleeping. Doors would open and close by themselves, my stereo volume knob would turn up and down on it's own, you could visibly see the knob moving. My dog would bark and whine toward the doorway. So when I saw those things in the movies, it really freaked me out. I'm at the point where I can't watch the new trailer without getting goosebumps.
    Crazy. Not to turn this in to a "share your paranormal activity thread", but we had some activity at my previous home. I'll spoiler it so no one is forced to read.

    Spoiler: show
    Uncle brought over his GF, she supposedly reads palms and shit. She gets bad vibes from the house. Says there is some bad spirits, but also a good one to keep the bad in check. Well some relatives have some a deceased member of the family (who died next door) from time to time, so we figured that was the good spirit. We experienced things as sudden loud bangs out of no where, doorknob movement, pictures being knocked off a mantle, etc. I also saw a shadowy figure peeking at me from a room in the house, it moved when I noticed of course...


    So yeah, these kind of movies also freak me out due to that past experience.. Halloween Party tonight so hopefully I can catch an early screening of this tomorrow.

  2. #22
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    221
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Just saw it today

    Spoiler: show
    Still not as good as the first in terms of both scares and execution, but much better than the second. There were a few plotholes as mentioned earlier (the girls saying they only remember a shadow and being scared all the time, the house actually burning down, the blurb in the beginning where they said only the tapes were stolen yet in the second one they said only the necklace was stolen). The scares themselves were pretty good, especially near the end. And after giving it some thought, I actually liked the ending although I wish it would have been more fleshed out.

    One thing I didn't really like is that they didn't spend that much time on actually realizing what they were dealing with like the first two films. They pretty much went from noticing that there was something going on to just going to the grandma's to get offed. Its like the realization of the whole demon thing really didn't hit them until they were arguing. I really wish they would have left the exorcist parts in from the trailers since I think that would have helped out.

  3. #23
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,918
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Spoiler: show
    I think all of the extras or deleted scenes went straight into making the commercials and will obviously be put on the DVD

  4. #24
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,032
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Horrible movie. Don't waste your money. First hr is so slow and the camera in the kitchen is annoying as hell. Last 30ish min had some tense moments. Trailer showed so many scenes that weren't in the actual movie. I suppose if you want a scare, go ahead and watch it. However i suggest 3 Muskateers or if you really wany a scare rent the 1st one and watch at home.

  5. #25
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    885
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Spoiler: show
    I was really disappointed. I thought the 1st one was decent, the 2nd one was good... this one I was so disappointed to see that practically all of the good scenes from the commercials were excluded. As others have previously mentioned, I felt that there wasn't any transition from the beginning where it was slow... and the end where it was fast.

    Also, Kristi's voice was annoying.

  6. #26
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    I LIKED IT

  7. #27
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    739
    BG Level
    5

    what i learnt from this thread, do extensive research on my future home before i end up moving into a haunted house

  8. #28
    Pied Piper of the Homos
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,407
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    I LIKED IT
    This. I enjoyed it for what it was worth.

  9. #29
    Certified Man-Child
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,470
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

    I love how people are crying over the scenes not shown in the movie. They're usually the same people that complain that all the best scenes in the movie were in the trailer. Adds more surprise to the movie IMO with them on the DVD only. But yeah, I just watched it and while it did not have chills running up my spine like the first one did, (after two PA movies, they just kinda lose that effect) I did enjoy this one. It had the best activity out of the three movies. This one had a lot less "boring night" scenes where nothing really happens. Maybe one or two at the most. Favorite scenes of mine were...

    Spoiler: show
    How the kitchen just "fell" in front of Julie. That bitch was just as annoying as the dad in second movie.
    The sheet and the babysitter was a bit creepy
    I also think the ending to this one is the best of the three. Those coven members just standing in the dark was freaky, also the "kill" at the end was crazy.

    Also assuming that perhaps coven members broke in to Kristi's house in the second film and stole those tapes? Just a theory.

  10. #30
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,121
    BG Level
    10

    bump, cause I just saw it.

    Spoiler: show
    This movie closes all the ties pretty nicely. We are led to assume the house burning down comes later, since the grandma says "Let's go get ready" as they walk up the stairs. Also, the girls not remembering could be because of many reasons, one of which from being possessed (which they were at some point in time), plus what ever the coven was doing, since it looked like they were doing a ceremony outside. I'm glad I watched these in order from 2 > 1 > 3, made it so much more enjoyable, they just don't make horror movies like these any more.

  11. #31
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,942
    BG Level
    10

    3rd was alright. 2nd was better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Paranormal Activity 2
    By Fhloston in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 2010-11-18, 12:54
  2. Paranormal Activity
    By Headspace in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 224
    Last Post: 2010-01-02, 22:06