+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V     submit to reddit submit to twitter

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Grand Theft Auto V

http://kotaku.com/5853039/grand-thef...aled-next-week
    Grand Theft Auto V To Be Revealed Next Week
    On November 2, Rockstar will release the debut trailer for the fifth main game in the Grand Theft Auto series, according to the developer's site.

With the title previously unconfirmed, the above logo is our first official glimpse of anything to do with the game, though there have been strong rumours for a while now that the title would be based in Los Santos, the series' version of Los Angeles.
    Grand Theft Auto V will be the first new game in the series since 2008's Grand Theft Auto IV, which was given two expansions, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony.
    http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...11/10/gta5.jpg

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Saw this on Joystiq. Interesting timing given that Saints Row the Third is due out next month. Wonder what the release schedule will be like for GTA5. Any idea how far out in advance they announce games?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I think IV was announced at e3 06 or 07 and came out late 08, but obviously they aren't by any means required to use the same time table so it's anyone's guess. Doubt the timing has that much to do with SR3 though because I don't see many people going "Oh a new GTA at an unspecified future date, guess I won't get this."

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I enjoyed abusing the fuck out of the helicopter in 4's free roam. Hope this will be fun as that.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The lords of gaming hath heard my plea

blax n gunz
    BG Level

An announcement of an announcement. That's gaming journalism boys!

looks like much fun is going to be had in the coming year

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm assuming this will be out in 2013. Rockstar normally releases 1 game a year, and Max Payne 3 is coming out in 2012.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Unless you can fly Jets and planes and shit like San Andreas, not sure how they'll top IV.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Any info out there on whether this is console-exclusive? I don't see anything.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Feathermoon

GTA console exclusive?
    hahaha

Too big of a market to not put it on PCs now. lulz.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Can't wait. I also spend a ton of time in the GTA games. May have to take a vacation when this comes out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Looking forward to hearing more, loved GTA 4.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I would have assumed they'd hold off for a new console generation to do something real special with the series.

[EDIT] On second thought, if they do a PSV port as well I'm game.

Teamkiller of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

I would cum buckets if they just updated San Andreas with GTAIV graphics. Wonder if they're still going to stay with the "serious" tone.

desolation yes hesitation no
    Bait of the House of Weave

BG Level

I bet we'll still get the serious tone. I would love to see the character customization from SA, like being able to work out, or overeat. Also being able to buy property and have them make you money. Or at least a place to dump money into. Maybe rig an election or something. I would love to see it set in Hawaii or Dubai.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I would have assumed they'd hold off for a new console generation to do something real special with the series.

[EDIT] On second thought, if they do a PSV port as well I'm game.
    Exactly my thinking when I saw this, it seems early even though it'll make 4yrs by the time its out. I firmly believe the next gen of gaming is here and it's in the form of 3D. 3D's going to extend the lifespan of these consoles for at least 3 more years.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Sweet, can't wait for it. I need a new city to wreak havoc on while I'm drunk as hell.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzer View Post
    Exactly my thinking when I saw this, it seems early even though it'll make 4yrs by the time its out. I firmly believe the next gen of gaming is here and it's in the form of 3D. 3D's going to extend the lifespan of these consoles for at least 3 more years.
    3-D has a slower adoption rate than even HDTVs, and these consoles are already being pushed hard without the need to render every scene twice.

It's primarily the PS3 exclusives that are doing full stereoscopic 3D also (although not full resolution), the multi-platform games tend to cheat it with layering effects, or extracting two views from one render which cheapens the experience. Something like GTA V if it's trying to keep up with the visual standards wouldn't have room for a 3-D effect unless they somehow manage to get it running a perfect 30fps in 2D first (which GTA IV couldn't maintain), and then finding ways to dumb down the post-effects filters/LOD or halving the rendering resolution to squeeze in room for a second set of frames for the other eye.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/25/re...e-multiple-pl/

Report: GTA V to be set in Los Angeles, will feature multiple playable characters
    Citing anonymous sources "familiar with the game," Kotaku reports that Grand Theft Auto V will take place in a Rockstarified version of Los Angeles, one of the cities mocked up in an earlier installment in the franchise, San Andreas. We suppose the locale makes sense -- wouldn't adapting it be as easy as taking all their assets from L.A. Noire, then applying 75 years of wear, tear and technological progress to the structures therein?

The source also claims that more than one character will be playable during Five's campaign, which similarly makes sense, considering the extra protagonists which appeared in Grand Theft Auto IV's expansions. We've contacted Rockstar, and are encasing ourselves in suspended animation for the next week or so, shortening the amount of time between us and the game's debut trailer on November 2.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast