David Ortiz has also had some health problems.
Have I mentioned he isn't 300lbs?
look I'm not saying prince is a scrub far from it in fact. I'd love to have prince on the team if we were contending anytime soon.
The other scary part is that whoever signs Prince is gonna have to deal with the fact that the last few years of that deal is guaranteed to be a terrible value which can potentially handcuff a team.
I'd honestly be amazed if Prince gets anything more then 5 years with maybe 1-2 mutual options that vest if he hits any fairly easy requirements at this point. A month before Pitchers/Catchers report and whose left really with questions at first base?
tampa bay has no 1b and needs another catcher iirc
Tampa would be a great fit for him if it wasn't for that payroll issue.
oh i dont think hes going there. not a all. i just was answering melena's question of who still needs a 1B haha
I'd like to point out that Ryan Howard played in something like 700 straight games at one point before his injury problems started occurring, so its not out of the question to feel that something similar could happen to Prince. I can't see any NL team giving him more that 5 guaranteed years, and his only realistic AL suitor is Seattle. I still think he'll end up signing with the Washington Boras's after all is said and done.
Spoiler: show![]()
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...-mariners.html
spoke too soon
"The question is whether or not he wants to play in Seattle"
Really, does anyone?
1 hour til the 2012 hall of fame class is announced