His value has diminished greatly. People more and more are noticing he loses his cool and focus the second things start to get out of hand. I will admit I will miss watching him bat. One of the better hitting pitchers out there.
His value has diminished greatly. People more and more are noticing he loses his cool and focus the second things start to get out of hand. I will admit I will miss watching him bat. One of the better hitting pitchers out there.
Those are the exact same things people said about Cole Hamels after 2009, and he turned out ok.
I understand the Giants position though, and trading Sanchez was probably the right move, but they could have done a lot better than Melky.
Thing is outside of 2010, he has always been this way. Remember, this is the guy who the only reason he got a chance to pitch when he threw his no hitter against San Diego is due to Randy Johnson getting hurt and unable to make his start. Does he have a chance to turn it around? Maybe, but I can't see him being better then a 3-4 end of the rotation starter.
Phillies close to re-signing Madson for 4 years $44 million with a vesting option for a 5th year
.Washington Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos has been kidnapped outside his home in Venezuela.
Ramos' Venezuelan team, Tigres de Aragua, confirmed the kidnapping on its official team Twitter account.
According to a report by El Nacional, four gunmen approached Ramos and took him away. Ramos was taken away in a green car, according to another report by El Universal.
A source told El Nacional that Ramos' family has yet to hear from the kidnappers. However, the "Body of Scientific, Penal and Criminal Investigations" branch of the Venezuelan government has set up operations at Ramos' home, according to El Nacional.
Ramos, 24, batted .267 with 15 home runs and 52 RBIs in his first full major league season. He signed a one-year deal for $414,500 in 2011.
Better than having to go back to the Nationals.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/1...-papelbon.htmlPhillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. said that the club never agreed to terms on a contract with closer Ryan Madson, according to Jayson Stark of ESPN. Amaro categorized the rumored four-year, $44MM contract as "unequivocally false," reports Stark.
The Phils are interested in Jonathan Papelbon, tweets Jon Heyman of SI.com, so if talks with Madson don't work out, Pap may be their new target.
The Phils' reported near-deal with Madson has unfolded curiously since the story broke on Tuesday afternoon. The holdup in it becoming official was apparently that Phillies president David Montgomery had not approved the terms. Heyman tweeted earlier this afternoon that there was little optimism that Montgomery would sign off on the pact, which had become a hot topic of discussion. There was a split among executives and agents regarding whether it would have been a good deal.
Is 4 years and 44 million for a relief pitcher EVER a good deal?
I can't say it is.
Only if it's Mariano
It's only a bad deal if it prevents you from doing something else
Phillies just signed Papelbon to a 4yr/$50 million deal with a vesting 5th year bringing the total deal to nearly $60 million. I can't wait to see this for the next 5 years.
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/dance3.gif
Dunno if pap has 5 years left in him as a closer.....
I dunno if he has 1 year left as a closer