Page 99 of 114 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
Results 1961 to 1980 of 2267
  1. #1961
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Last night's Big Two was godlike... all the East Cost monsters went there. You can tell they're prepping up for ECT this weekend. The quality of play was better than most "majors" lol

    http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/320608667?t=2h22m40s

    ChrisG got blown up by a MODOK player, although it wasn't on stream (Spooky was streaming AE at that time and you can clearly hear the hype in the background). MarlinPie looked great like usual.

    RayRay also looked amazing. He's going to take the MM this weekend!

    Edit: also Big Two joined the 3/5 marvel bandwagon. Just need EVO to adopt this format!

  2. #1962
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Wow never seen marlin play with just viper + Ammy instead of Doom/Ammy. Wtf marlin <_<

  3. #1963
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Finished watching. Marlin y u so gdlk.

    But man, tourny was awesome so many big names there and exciting teams, and chris G wasn't even sniffing top 4? Wtf.

  4. #1964
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,108
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    yeah i was actually kinda glad to see them focus most of the stream on marvel last night, that shit was outta control.

  5. #1965
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    How ChrisG lost in Big Two:



    dat MODOK!

  6. #1966
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,582
    BG Level
    10

    Dat Modok son! Fuck that Morrigan bullshit lol.

  7. #1967
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    shocking, all it took to counter the S++ god tier needs-a-nerf-now Morrigan tactics was a counterpick

  8. #1968
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,951
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Remeber when Wesker was S++ god-tier needs-to-be-nerfed best-in-the-game? And Sentinel?

    Yeah. People just like to bitch a lot.

    Marvel's still got a long time and lots of room to evolve. I'm sure more shit like this will become public knowledge as time goes on

  9. #1969
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    More that Marvel isn't and never will be balanced, it's just going to be awhile before the true most busted thing is discovered

  10. #1970
    Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,322
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Uh....that's why its so much fun.

  11. #1971
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,951
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    More that Marvel isn't and never will be balanced, it's just going to be awhile before the true most busted thing is discovered
    I doubt it tbh. It's amazing to me that, for how much people say Marvel is broken, there's never really actually been anything broken in the game. Every single time without exception was just something good that people didn't know how to fight against.

    If anything, Marvel is probably one of the best balanced games out there.

  12. #1972
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    BG Level
    7

    Is there a reason why people have been using THCs lately? Or, maybe they always have and I'm barely noticing them now. It just seems like a waste of bars sometimes.

  13. #1973
    Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,322
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    For the most part, its usually used by the big kids to finish someone off at the end of the match.

    MarlinPie is the definite exception. His Ammy/Doom THC is very much strategy because of the almost guaranteed combo and prolly death on the character in question.

  14. #1974
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    BG Level
    7

    I get MarlinPie's use for it. Ammy's super having a longer animation than Doom's allows him to move in easily, but for others it almost seems like they use it just for the hell of it when just a level 1 super would've been enough.

  15. #1975
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,951
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Edit: Derp, I thought you were talking about air exchanges

    So, yeah, team supers. Anyone + ammy is pretty good. I used to play with someone who used Ammy+Spencer all the time for free Spencer mixups and it's really frustratingly hard to deal with. It depends on your team, really. I've been playing Doom/Storm/Sent in ultimate and my team super does more than any other use of 3 bars I have in my team, including Doom's Lv3, so I always end with that if I have bar for it. It's also really good with Sent+Storm, since Sent recovers a little bit before the hail finishes, so you can either chain another super or go for a mixup after it.

    It really just depends on your team.

  16. #1976
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    THC and TAC aren't the same thing :/

  17. #1977
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    BG Level
    7

    Either I misunderstood THC or you misunderstood me. I was talking about their use of Team Hyper Combos.

    Edit; Ah ok. That makes more sense then. Just depends on the team. So, my team of Zero/Dante/Vergil would suck to do that with.

    Also, how do they do just 2 character THCs?

  18. #1978
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,951
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Nah that was my bad, I forget the terminology. That's what happens when you take a break from playing marvel for a month :s

    The video doesn't really work anymore (which I edited out, but I guess I can leave here if anyone still wants it, since it's unlisted now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fi1VFKUw-Q0). But it's a good starting point if you play any other character that still can do that, like Storm or Nova

    Edit: You get as many characters as you have meter. Usually people just don't have 3 meters, so only 2 characters come out.

  19. #1979
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelan? View Post
    I doubt it tbh. It's amazing to me that, for how much people say Marvel is broken, there's never really actually been anything broken in the game. Every single time without exception was just something good that people didn't know how to fight against.

    If anything, Marvel is probably one of the best balanced games out there.
    As much as I shit on this game just because I'm bad at it, I have to legitimately disagree here. I agree with your point that most of what's been 'broken' is just a new gimmick that hasn't been figured out yet, and also with your one that the game is a long way from being exhausted, but I feel when it reaches that point it's going to boil down to MvC2ish there's only really 8 playable characters and everyone else is shit tier, which is why I feel it's unbalanced.

    Quote Originally Posted by Indalecia View Post
    Uh....that's why its so much fun.
    And to this point, definitely not disputing this at all, the randomness is what makes it Marvel. It's not my type of game because I prefer the tight spacing control and mental aspects of a more SFish game, but I'll never dispute that Marvel is the most hype game out there, and the most fun to watch.

  20. #1980
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    That Modok shit against Chris Fray was godlike.

Page 99 of 114 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5061
    Last Post: 2011-11-15, 00:18