Guess I was right in thinking that my combos weren't starting up properly because I wasn't hitting a mob with my WS on the right side. That makes the Riot Blade > Rage of Halone combo extremely hard to pull off on GLA.
Guess I was right in thinking that my combos weren't starting up properly because I wasn't hitting a mob with my WS on the right side. That makes the Riot Blade > Rage of Halone combo extremely hard to pull off on GLA.
Yeah, I never bothered with combos except Fast > Flat for the enmity bonus because of that. The directional stuff really sucks.
It's really not difficult to pull of combos, just gotta meet te positioning prereq. Once you get it down it's really easy.
That glad combo was just thrown at them for the illusion of dps'ing. It'll never be used in gameplay.
Generally combos aren't hard to do at all. But Moogles like to run around like little bastards (and they're small and not very well defined) so comboing them is naturally going to be harder. Which is why Archer is good, because it's simple to get good damage whereas every other class has to work harder (though I think generally they do more damage if played right).
wrong thread
No shit they had different popular classes but there's the thing, even something as rigid as Abyssea isn't MNK NIN WAR only. BLU, BLM, WHM, THF, etc have their place and hell... unless you're really dead set on small-manning shit once you HAVE the proc jobs there's no issue bringing others. Plain and simple.
Not to mention that other combos work if you don't have a WAR, MNK or something available (though with leveling being so easy in Abyssea you always do) and you can still hit all the procs (which is the only reason you care what job people are even on in Abyssea 90% of the time).
As I said, even FFXI isn't as rigid. Bring up any examples you want and it'll be easy as hell to shoot them down every time. I played FFXI too, ya know... you cannot fool me.
Stating the obvious and missing the point entirely.
So then, explain what the point was. I'm pretty sure he was trying to refute my statement that XIV is even more rigid than XI... which he failed to properly do.
No shit, I understand that in other games things swing wildly but all I said was that XIV is by far the worst I've played in this regard. If his point was anything other than attempting to disprove this (which, again, he failed to do) I don't know why he'd respond to me.
Or did you miss the point entirely?
If you want to attempt to quantify how rigid the class system of XIV is compared to XI then by all means have fun, but no one cares as that isn't the point.
The point is that when certain jobs are clearly and consistently superior to the point of making others irrelevant it's poor design and makes the invalidated jobs a waste of content. No one wants to come on their inferior PGL and slow down the group just because they never get to use it, it should have a function to make it worth bringing.
No one ever came PUP because the group really needed a PUP.
(btw using Abyssea as an example of what lesser-used jobs are capable of doing, hahaha, wow)
Niiro is pretty much right. The problem is you should be invited because you're a good player, not because you got ARC, LNC, CON, or whatever the "flavor of the month" class is. Now, I'm not expecting something perfect, but it feels like SE isn't even trying.
I've had a party wait over an hour before just waiting for a lancer while archers and pugs were turned down left and right. Its pretty bad when several people rather sit and wait then go exp now cuz they dont have the flavor of the month.
Sounds stupid because LNC wasn't even that good in exp grind, it was good vs Ifrit.
Has anyone come across a list of which NPCs unlock the achievement categories?
Spoiler: show
source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/32606