Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 392
  1. #361
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,210
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Do we know from the test server what the enhances do? Or are they complete unknowns cos it was impossible to upgrade there?
    Should be possible via the porter moogle. Can't you get anything that can be stored with a porter moogle on the test server? Storage Slip 13 has AF2+2s.

  2. #362
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,744
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Small note but wanted to put it here regarding LB10. We did the PD/BRD zerg method, really easy both times, but found that due to the attack caps, our WARs were fairing MUCH better with Axe/Axe or Axe/Joy than Ukon. Rampage was 450ish low, 720ish high, which was beating Ukko's without any Fossilized items. Sorry if it's already been pointed out, haven't memorized all 18 pages.

  3. #363
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Why would you need to point that out? Wouldnt it be kinda obvious since theres a cap of 100 dmg per attack?

  4. #364
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,633
    BG Level
    8

    I was wondering something about Relic+2, about the enhances/augments things. I'm talking about the stats already present on the gear, not the Stage2 ones.
    In the first JP datamines almost all of those effects got enhanced, for example on SAM hands you went from "Enhances Meditate" of NQ and +1, to "Enhances Meditate II" of +2.
    On the live servers the majority of this disappeared from the description, for instance, +2 hands still have just "Enhances Meditate". There are a couple of exceptions (BST AF2 body, MNK AF2 hands, etc) but for the majority of pieces it's like I said.

    What I'm wondering now is: are those effects the same as NQ/+1? Or are they really enhanced but for some reason the english department of SE decided to take the "II" out from the descriptions?
    Is there a way to tell (datamine? live server jp descriptions?) other than the obvious "upgrade them and try"?

  5. #365
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,478
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Might not be the thread for this, but it won't let me add any merits to Entropy. Level 99 DRK with plenty of scythe skill, but all of the weaponskills are still grayed out. Anyone had this issue before?

    *EDIT* Nevermind. Figured it out, obviously.

  6. #366
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,348
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Yeah, and I tested it back in November and found the same thing. =p

    NIN's only new trait was Tactical Parry III.
    So Koga Chainmail +2 is not worth the effort?

  7. #367
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,744
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Why would you need to point that out? Wouldnt it be kinda obvious since theres a cap of 100 dmg per attack?
    Because I keep seeing idiots wiping with their 2h DDs.

  8. #368
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    98
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I was wondering something about Relic+2, about the enhances/augments things. I'm talking about the stats already present on the gear, not the Stage2 ones.
    In the first JP datamines almost all of those effects got enhanced, for example on SAM hands you went from "Enhances Meditate" of NQ and +1, to "Enhances Meditate II" of +2.
    On the live servers the majority of this disappeared from the description, for instance, +2 hands still have just "Enhances Meditate". There are a couple of exceptions (BST AF2 body, MNK AF2 hands, etc) but for the majority of pieces it's like I said.

    What I'm wondering now is: are those effects the same as NQ/+1? Or are they really enhanced but for some reason the english department of SE decided to take the "II" out from the descriptions?
    Is there a way to tell (datamine? live server jp descriptions?) other than the obvious "upgrade them and try"?
    Nope. Gonna have to do it the old fashioned way, since they haven't updated the test server to add the +2 porter slip.

  9. #369
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,203
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    So Koga Chainmail +2 is not worth the effort?
    oho, when will you learn Square Enix.

    I was actually looking forward to this. oh well.

    maybe ill get it anyway.

  10. #370
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    98
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    So Koga Chainmail +2 is not worth the effort?
    Wouldn't the other stats that koga chainmail +2 has (acc+15 atk+20, specifically), allow for it to be competitive in higher haste or lower acc situations? It seems that way since all AF+1 has going for it aside from the 2% extra DW is dex+5. I'm to lazy to bother crunching those numbers out since they don't affect me, but I remember doing some DW math a few days ago that would coincidentally lean that way. I can't find where I put those numbers, though, so idk.

  11. #371
    xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,709
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Maybe if Iga Ningi +2 didn't exist, but it does.

  12. #372
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,933
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    fucking sidegrade FFXI up in this bitch

    I don't even play anymore (and have no intention of doing so while that idiot Tanaka is on the loose again) but this still frustrates me no end.

    Level to 99, get equipment that is a sidegrade if not outright inferior situationally to mid level 50 gear which requires considerably less effort!
    Level to 99, get weaponskills that are sidegrades if not outright inferior situationally to mid level 50 weaponskills which require considerably less effort!

    On the whole of course but still, wtf seriously. Abyssea equipment upgrades and items like Byakko's Haidate were perfect - put in effort, get a significant increase to your character.

    EDIT: Since I feel like typing more on this whole NIN body thing;

    Iga Ningi +2 being situational with AF1 body was fine - I didn't mind that. However, there is no real room for this third "so-so" body. It needs to outright kill one of the existing bodies... and it's only suitable that it is the AF1 which gets killed (granted if stats are good enough it could kill both... but regardless).

  13. #373
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,348
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    You should see the craftable Lv.97 gear they added. Some of it is reminds of Jaridah Peti set, back in the day of Whitegate, and that shit was half decent.

  14. #374
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Has anyone else noticed this?

    http://images.bluegartr.com/wiki/0/0...escription.png

    Byrthnoth pointed it out to me, I double checked to make sure that it wasn't something I did. They misspelled "Conqueror". Also instead of "Commodore Tricore +2" (to keep in line with the NQ and +1), it was spelled "Commodore's Tricorn +2".

  15. #375
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    When I go to BG-Wiki can I pull up this w/o much effort:
    http://images.bluegartr.com/wiki/b/b...escription.png

    Like Raen I have no intention of playing/downloading the patch, but the way I understand your program Sept, is that they must have added a terribly misspelled Conquerer and a correct Conqueror? wtf (actually i never understood the parse-o-matic and my questions regarding it are probably terribly stupid and i don't know how to word them)


    or recent changes tells me you've changed all this hurrdurr but are there actually 2 DATs for the item...? like pulling up Pebbles and looking? '~' damnit I don't want to d/l the patch just to look for shit like that but it's gonna bug me

  16. #376
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    When I go to BG-Wiki can I pull up this w/o much effort:
    http://images.bluegartr.com/wiki/b/b...escription.png

    Like Raen I have no intention of playing/downloading the patch, but the way I understand your program Sept, is that they must have added a terribly misspelled Conquerer and a correct Conqueror? wtf (actually i never understood the parse-o-matic and my questions regarding it are probably terribly stupid and i don't know how to word them)


    or recent changes tells me you've changed all this hurrdurr but are there actually 2 DATs for the item...? like pulling up Pebbles and looking? '~' damnit I don't want to d/l the patch just to look for shit like that but it's gonna bug me
    It was misspelled in the source dat file, the Parse-O-Matic picked up the wrong spelling. There was only one listing for it, I went in and fixed the spelling in my pseudo-database and updated the wiki with the correct data and item image after posting that. I also fixed the December 2011 Update Changes page, I am just fast like that- there is no need to Download and check Pebbles. (I can post an image from Pebbles if you want though.)

    Byrthnoth also pointed out this

    http://images.bluegartr.com/wiki/a/a...escription.png

    Instead of

    http://images.bluegartr.com/wiki/3/3...escription.png

    I fixed that also.

  17. #377
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    BG Level
    6

    I still thing 'Twashtar' sounds like what a 3 year old would say if they tried to say Thrasher.

  18. #378
    Pseudo-Elitist
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,502
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Got stones from Aura Sculptures. Also got fangs from them.

    Fangs and Bones are used to obtain an enfeeble item for the limit break.
    Where are the Aura Sculptures located exactly? The room with MG?

  19. #379
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    280
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Do the Rancor Collar/Back's effects stack? I don't wanna drop a load of gil on this if its not gonna work with the collar.

  20. #380
    I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,120
    BG Level
    7

    hrmmm afterglow on emp but not on mythic. 99 relic have afterglow listed on the weapon?

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. DAT MINING FINDINGS -- December 14th 2011
    By Julian in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2011-12-15, 12:19
  2. DAT Mining Discussion (2011-09-19)
    By Xanthe in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 184
    Last Post: 2011-10-13, 09:12
  3. DAT Mining Discussion (2011-05-09)
    By Xanthe in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 429
    Last Post: 2011-05-14, 16:29
  4. Dat Mining Discussion
    By Cairthenn in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 647
    Last Post: 2010-04-07, 19:26
  5. November 9th .dat mining discussion
    By Ohemgee in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 254
    Last Post: 2009-11-10, 15:18
  6. Replies: 355
    Last Post: 2009-04-08, 17:54
  7. ***December Version Update: .DAT Mining Discussion***
    By Pergo in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 341
    Last Post: 2009-01-05, 15:55