So I can't get people to co-op with me but I can get a ton of people to invade my game to kill me. gg.
(Not turning off Agent Hunt, it's fun.)
So I can't get people to co-op with me but I can get a ton of people to invade my game to kill me. gg.
(Not turning off Agent Hunt, it's fun.)
So I got a chance to play this a bit (I wanted to before buying) and I gotta say I like this game a lot. Reminds me of RE3, if RE4 and 5 could be likened to RE1 and 2 with a new style.
Enemies with guns are annoying, and I find myself running out of ammo a lot, but then I played around with melee weapons and dodging and shit's fun lol. I can see why people would be upset that it isn't the usual RE setup. There are a lot of enemies with guns and places to find cover, and a lot of sections where you need to do the right thing STRAIGHT AWAY or you die. The controls are a little weird at first but then you get used to them.
Overall, I'm going to buy this because it's a good game. Not RE as much as we know or would like, but still a good step forward. Capcom needs to get the atmosphere and enemies right, only Leon's campaign felt right, but I've only played like 1-2 chapters of each.
I don't know why anyone would be surprised by this.
What I think is even more pathetic is that the DLC difficulty "No Hope" is about as hard or even a bit easier than Professional in RE5.
Melee moves, taunts and difficulty settings should never even be considered DLC material. Capcom has officially broken completely in to the realm of selling incomplete games and DLCing in the rest. I thought the industry learned it's lesson after the minor fallout from Ubisoft doing that in AC2.
In case nobody has yet tried re-playing through a campaign as the other character yet... you don't get the weapons/ammo/healing items you acquired in your previous travels on the first character you played.
Capcom really doesn't give a shit. Played this game a bit, it was pretty bad. Pretty bad... and the DLC is no surprise either. Good thing I've sworn off on buying Capcom games, unless they're used, and they came from when Capcom was still a good company... so games from 2009 and before really.
Get over it, a lot of companies have been screwing us over with DLC for a long time. The fact is games are planned with DLC in mind so we will rarely get a complete product from a company going forward, especially the large ones. Companies want to make more money, no surprise there, and the fact is DLC is relatively cheap anyways. Until China is making all our games, deal with it. DLC is synonymous with gaming.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/28007999.jpg
Anyone who is surprised by on-disc DLC from Capcom needs to go somewhere. Anyone who knows Capcom knows they would do this without an ounce of shame.
I wish people would elaborate on why they hate the game. Saying the game's shitty without saying why is just annoying and only lends to people's confirmation bias for not wanting to buy the game instead of allowing people to make informed decision to purchase the game. Tbh though, I feel like everyone's mind is made up at this point.
I'll write what I don't like about the game.
- I think this might be the worst RE ONLY because it doesn't feel very polished compared to the other games. I just feel like every objective is just for me to get from A-Z instead of going on a journey to piece together and solve the main character's conflict. Don't mistake me saying worst as saying it's a bad game because I like the ideas it put fourth. I just wish some of it was a bit more polished. I think next time, they shouldn't split up the game between 6 main characters.
- There were a lot of times were I was left wondering wtf I was supposed to do with not even a slight hint at it. However, I feel that this is a bad point because the old Resident Evils was exactly like this and probably worse because you usually navigated the same big area which meant backtracking (I hate backtracking, I think you've gotta be some type of masochist to actually like re-visiting areas). What makes it shitty in this game is when you're fighting mobs at the same time and you don't know what to do resulting in needless deaths that become obvious AFTER you die which is stupid.
- I think there's too many bullshit moments where you're put into situations that will guarantee your death simply because you are unable to move from to a safer spot to avoid dying. There's one part in Chris's campaign where after the scene ends, you're placed right in front of one of the regenerator mobs and if it grabs you (which you only have like 2 seconds to react and dodge), you are pretty much guaranteed to die because it's impossible to shake the controller fast enough to break out of it's hold. I don't think it's good gameplay etiquette to put players in a situation where they have a split second to think before they die and this is not a QTE.
- Leon's story started off strong then, imo sucked after chapter 3. Chris's story, imo, gets better as it goes on. Piers is my favorite character in the whole game after it's all said and done. Jake's story moved way too fast for me to really care too much although Sherry fanservice was nice (I played as Sherry instead of Jake). I think Ada has the best gameplay campaign in the whole game. Just a bit easier because you don't fight as many mobs. Story-wise, it pieces together some of the main points of the whole game although anyone with half a brain could've surmised most of it by Chris's campaign.
- They need to fix this game's server issues or nobody is gonna keep this game very long.
I enjoyed this game for what it was but I'm not feeling particularly motivated to keep this game for very long (I rarely do for any game, though nowadays). I'm gonna work on a platinum then probably sell the game. I also don't put the weight of huge expectations on every established franchise I play*shrugs*. I don't care if you abhor the game, just say why. I'll say this, people have been saying that RE doesn't feel like RE since RE4 so I need something more than that.
Anyone who's a Capcom fan feel like Resident Evil is gonna go through the same shit that Mega Man X went through? RE4 was favorited by a lot just like MMX4 and got more controversial from there. This is out of character for me but I'm actually kinda wishing they stopped at 5 because I've no idea where the creators are trying to go with this game.
Is there a map in the retail release? I really missed it from the demo (coming from RE5), and as somebody who plays very few shooter type games, I found myself getting lost very often (a couple of turns and I'd have lost all sense of direction). I know there's the arrow feature, but I'd greatly prefer being able to track myself via a map.
Also, the game does feel more like a shooter than RE5, right? It's been a while since I played RE5, so I can't tell if RE5 was like that too.
According to the comments at the bottom of the page that stuff isn't DLC but stuff unlocked from playing the game, someone just hacked it to make it look like DLC or something. Of course I don't have the game myself to see if it's true or not.
They may also be Residentevil.net unlocks. For anyone that doesn't know, you accrue points by playing the game that can be used to purchase content online. ATM you can only purchase recolors of the unlockable costumes and misc non-game items.
If that's the case, then it's no big deal. While I hate what they did in AC2, Ubisoft had it right with Ubisoft points you can use to download things like the pre-order weapon packs in Brotherhood and Revelations.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2012/10/...to-realize-it/
I do think plenty of people are under the mistaken impression that RES games were scary for reasons other than the novelty of zombies in a previous era and the unfriendliness of the control system.
Deadly Premonition is the greatest survival horror game of all time. RE7 should take note.
I've been saying this shit since page 1. RE is action, survival and horror are byproducts and as soon as 4 came every pretense of horror went out the window.
Idk about any one else, but I was only scared when I knew there was a licker off screen, or a cerberus about to jump at me and I had no way to strafe. Locked camera angles and soundtrack helped a lot too (still love the music and atmosphere of re2).
That's not real horror though, that's "shit I'm blocky as fuck and can't dodge ffffffff".
Lickers scared the shit out of me for sure. Mr.X too the first time he burst through the wall. From there, I became a bitch and used guides so I always knew what was coming.
Hated Bandersnatches in CV
The last game that creeped me out at all was Rule of Rose. And that was just because of the setting and music.