Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49
  1. #21
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    472
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
    Best picture seems pretty boring this year. The Artist will win it though because that's what people pretend to like to seem smart and artsy.
    I KNOW. Tree of life best picture nom? The help???(yeah I`m that perplexed I have to put multiple question marks)

    I haven`t watched weekend with marilyn because... not interested but rooney mara for best actress.

  2. #22
    True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,740
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I agree. I think she might win. It's probably why she's nominated. Didn't see Glenn Close's film and I'm sure Meryl Streep is great as always even though Iron Lady was crappy...

  3. #23
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    472
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    And saying it now, fuck the haters Drive is a great film. I said to my friend next to me, 'this movie has style'. Which I honestly people don`t appreciate in films anymore.

  4. #24
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    900
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
    Best picture seems pretty boring this year. The Artist will win it though because that's what people pretend to like to seem smart and artsy.
    What's so pretentious about The Artist? Other than the fact that its a recreation of a 1920s type film, and that sort of thing is considered pretentious these days (its "hipsterish") its a pretty simple movie. Movies in the 1920s had simpler plots and The Artist keeps to that. Can you really claim such a simple film, one with a dog as a main character, is artsy? It doesn't even try to be smart. This is the sort of movie just about anyone can enjoy.

    I KNOW. Tree of life best picture nom?
    The Tree of Life is a good example of a "smart and artsy" film. I found the actual movie part of it good, I enjoy films about childhood, but the random images were somewhat pretentious.

  5. #25
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,667
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Stilzkin View Post
    What's so pretentious about The Artist? Other than the fact that its a recreation of a 1920s type film, and that sort of thing is considered pretentious these days (its "hipsterish") its a pretty simple movie. Movies in the 1920s had simpler plots and The Artist keeps to that. Can you really claim such a simple film, one with a dog as a main character, is artsy? It doesn't even try to be smart. This is the sort of movie just about anyone can enjoy.



    The Tree of Life is a good example of a "smart and artsy" film. I found the actual movie part of it good, I enjoy films about childhood, but the random images were somewhat pretentious.
    silent movie with black and white is definitely artsy in this age

  6. #26

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,997
    BG Level
    10

  7. #27
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    The adjective is autistic

  8. #28
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,325
    BG Level
    7

    cant fucking believe michael fassbender wasn't nominated

    id be happy w/ gary oldman winning, but after seeing Shame again, I think Fassbender gave the best performance (no pun intended). Shame itself was a great movie. It's like that one scene in Last Tango in Paris (where Brando talks to his wife) stretched out over the length of an entire film

    brad pitt was boring and bland in moneyball, but he gets a nom

  9. #29
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,032
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Such BS the artist could win best movie. It's a fuckin silent movie.

  10. #30
    True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,740
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Such BS the artist could win best movie. It's a fuckin silent movie.
    I think the movie just came out at the wrong time (appreciated less), but would've won regardless if it was made ten years ago or ten years from now. I haven't seen it but I know it has a great soundtrack lol

  11. #31
    True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,740
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl


  12. #32
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    What is this I don't even

  13. #33
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,118
    BG Level
    8

    Hugo, special effects? =/

  14. #34
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,055
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    A lot of future snub awards are being earned today.

  15. #35
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,141
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Hugo, special effects? =/
    trololololo

  16. #36
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    BRET!

  17. #37
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,324
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aoltv.com...n-mash-600.jpg

    Oscar winner. Amazing for Community fans, haha

  18. #38
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,396
    BG Level
    10

    Acadeanemy Awards

  19. #39
    True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,740
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Best Actor: Jean Dujardin... mmm que la chingada

  20. #40
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Meryl Streep's opening to her speech is pretty good. She's more self-aware than everyone else in the room put together.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Silent Hill: Revelation 3D (October 26, 2012)
    By 6souls in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 2013-03-05, 02:11
  2. Space Janitors (SW web series on The Escapist, Feb 24, 2012)
    By 6souls in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2012-02-13, 08:39
  3. Kevin Smith: Live From Behind (Feb 2 2012)
    By Omniyoji in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 2012-02-07, 13:23
  4. 83rd Annual Academy Awards
    By ZarakiKujata in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 2011-02-28, 15:08
  5. 82nd Annual Academy Awards
    By Bwelch in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 246
    Last Post: 2010-03-11, 14:27