I dont understand showdown rankings...
It goes in order of number cept for A, and when it's the same number as the dial right?
I dont understand showdown rankings...
It goes in order of number cept for A, and when it's the same number as the dial right?
Ace only wins over clock-hand numbers and Kings. That is the only exception because if neither of those cards are present, Ace will always lose since it will be counted as just a 1. Basically, only play an Ace when you are expecting everyone to play other clock-hand numbers or Kings (or if the hand is on 1).
It works really well when you're at least a few turns in and the clock lands on a number that still has no binds at all... because chances are, someone's still holding that card and will finally have a reason play it now. Especially awesome if that is the case and there's a x2/x3/x4 one space away. You can pretty much nab away the turn from someone who thought they had it in the bag.
Oh.. I was wondering why my ace kept losing lol.
And double/triple only serves to increase the charge if you have the high card right?
It took me quite a while to figure out that Ace thing, so I went back and re-read the rules a bit more carefully.
Yeah, turning in multiple cards for the showdown only boosts the charge if you win the showdown and decide to pass/hit 13 or you tie with someone. (Obviously, there won't be any charge at all if you don't pass/hit 13.) Also, every card that is played puts a bind multiplier on its corresponding number. So, even if you don't plan on winning the showdown, you can turn in multiple cards just to push the bind up on the number you want to go for in the near future.
This strategy works well when you're expecting someone to lay down some clock-hand cards in the showdown. If the hand is on 1~6, chances are they'll send it back to 13 if they do (assuming no tie). You could essentially throw away a few Queens during that showdown, pushing 12's bind multiplier up. Then, when the hand is on 13, win that showdown with an Ace to control the hand over to 12 for the win.
There's a whole lot of variables to being strategic (mostly based on observing which cards have already been played since the deck is never reshuffled during the turns), but once you start to spot them, you can get in some pretty easy wins.
Shits about to get interesting...Did you grab the Beachwear costume for Serah or the "Heads or Tails?" episode featuring Sazh Katzroy? Both items are available today as downloadable content for Final Fantasy XIII-2. Complete Sazh’s scenario and you can unlock him as a party member. Players can also find out a secret about Chocolina if you help her track down chocobos.
Those two items are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC. A source tells Siliconera the coliseum is about to get busy. Square Enix will add cameos from other Final Fantasy games like Gilgamesh from Final Fantasy V to fight. If you win the battle and are lucky enough to get a crystal, Gilgamesh will join Serah and Noel in the monster slot. There will also be a guest villain from Final Fantasy VI, although our source wouldn’t reveal who or what this is. Kefka? Ultros? Kaiser Dragon? Your guess is as good as mine.
Jihl Nabaat from Final Fantasy XIII will also be released as Final Fantasy XIII-2 coliseum character in the future.
Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/29...xiii-2-as-dlc/
Hrrrk!~ There goes more of my money.There will also be a guest villain from Final Fantasy VI
It probably is, but I hope it's not Kefka.
Gilgamesh would be nice, but I prefer the XII rendition of him, complete with John Di Maggio voice. I'm hoping for Ultros, personally... but there just aren't all that many actual "villains" in that game once you get down to it.
This Lucky Coin's fragment is breaking my balls. I'm taking a wild guess in that you can't get it in the new mini-games? I'm on my second round of attempts, the first time I went in with around 6000 coins and just taped down L1, and after a couple hour, zilch, down to 0 coins. This second attempt I'm going with around 9800 coins, but after a short while, I'm already down to 8200 with no success +_+. And yes, it's like a hot summer's day!
I'm pretty certain you can't get the Lucky Coin while playing Chronobind or Serendipity Poker just based on the fact that it's accompanied by a little audio-clip of Serah/Noel finding the coin after a jackpot (since you can only play the card games as Sazh). I would suggest not using Auto-Play at all. Just sit tight and do it by hand, your odds will be significantly better.
But it's so boring![]()
Finally got my Platinum. All of a sudden I got super lucky with the slot machines and got 4 x 5k coins wins playing slots. This happened around 3800 spins plus I also locked the gate for the zone. :/
Finished my platinum last night as well. I can confirm along with others that the Sazh DLC does not contribute to the Serendipitous trophy. I cleaned up with a 40k+ win on ChronoBind 10k and didn't get the trophy, but I did finish the DLC. Did one 600 RP career at the races afterward and got the trophy with ~5.5k in winnings. The rest came from slots when getting the Lucky Coin fragment earlier. Now I need to decide how to best level and infuse my DLC characters (Omega, Lightning, Amodar, Sazh)...
btw unless you can change something it seems you can get Sazh only once, so don't fuck him up![]()
The generally consensus is that he isn't as good as Purple Chocobo due to his lower magic stat, and lower possible combination of role boosts and ATB segments. Purple Chocobo can have five segments and both boosts, while Sazh has to choose between a fifth segment and a second boost. Additionally he has four locked passive abilities, leaving you less room to infuse your own. Ironically the numbers just aren't in Sazh's favor.
But, but, but... you can stack a baby black chocobo on a 'fro ON TOP of his 'fro! It makes it all worth it!
For people looking for good builds for DLC monsters and non-Chichu infusion, this has a pretty good guide towards the end: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/619315-f...i-2/faqs/63731