Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 275

Thread: FFXIII-2: Plot Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #181
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,822
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    Sazh disappeared and found himself in Serendipity. he likely got there thru the historia crux. Snow caught a glimpse of him then.
    in Serendipity, Sazh made some winnings and then somehow realized/decided he wasn't dead or something, then left.
    He eventually gets back together with Dahj and they end up in 500AF.

    his DLC is the first to come i think

  2. #182
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    74
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    I just got the secret ending. i did understand it, but there's something that really confuses me

    Spoiler: show
    Why can you see lighting sitting on the throne at the end of the first ending, when it's caius who's actually on the throne?

  3. #183
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    If they are actually planning to finish the game's story with DLC I hope they follow TAY's route with episodes and add playable characters with each one.
    We know Sazh will be part of your party after you clear his episode but they haven't confirmed in what form. Most likely as a "monster" though.

  4. #184
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,092
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous2 View Post
    I just got the secret ending. i did understand it, but there's something that really confuses me

    Spoiler: show
    Why can you see lighting sitting on the throne at the end of the first ending, when it's caius who's actually on the throne?
    "The throne of Etro that appears in The Void Beyond is empty for most of the game. This symbolizes ever diminishing power of Etro. However, in the ending, Lightning sits on the throne. This symbolizes that the world's very existence relies on her to embody the divine will. As Lightning wants to maintain hope, she enters the crystal stasis in order to protect the will of her sacrificed sister Serah. We are planning a DLC release to reveal the background of this."

  5. #185
    King Bitcher of Bitchington
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,509
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    So, from reading everything in this thread. Pretty much the world of FF13 is fucked and it was always fucked from the beginning and it will always be fucked. That about right?

  6. #186
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,092
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    So, from reading everything in this thread. Pretty much the world of FF13 is fucked and it was always fucked from the beginning and it will always be fucked. That about right?
    Pretty much, or it will stop being fucked up when they get rid of fal'cie/gods

  7. #187
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    760
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Can anyone confirm the state of pulse's fal'cie? I'm pretty sure a fragment says that the pulse fal'cie are now dormant (or a person somewhere, can't remember where...) and yet we obviously see Fenrir, but it could just be orbitting and not necessarily awake. I find it odd that Titan is no-where to be seen too, would've made for an epic boss Sin-style :<

    Edit: And if they AREN'T dormant, did they just decide to stop branding people with crazy missions? Because I'd have thought that would be a genuine concern for people wanting to live on the planet considering they basically wiped the previous population out.

  8. #188
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    Can anyone confirm the state of pulse's fal'cie? I'm pretty sure a fragment says that the pulse fal'cie are now dormant (or a person somewhere, can't remember where...) and yet we obviously see Fenrir, but it could just be orbitting and not necessarily awake. I find it odd that Titan is no-where to be seen too, would've made for an epic boss Sin-style :<

    Edit: And if they AREN'T dormant, did they just decide to stop branding people with crazy missions? Because I'd have thought that would be a genuine concern for people wanting to live on the planet considering they basically wiped the previous population out.
    Pulse Fal'Cie are not dormant. They simply do not care about humans and have no interest in messing with them. They're still looking for Etro's Gate on their own.
    And no, the Fal'Cie did not wipe out any population. This game clearly explains what happens and why some tribes are gone from Pulse.

  9. #189
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    760
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Pulse Fal'Cie are not dormant. They simply do not care about humans and have no interest in messing with them. They're still looking for Etro's Gate on their own.
    And no, the Fal'Cie did not wipe out any population. This game clearly explains what happens and why some tribes are gone from Pulse.
    I thought in the first one there was some suggestion that following the war of transgression, the remaining people were slowly killed off by fal'cie brands. Guess that was wrong, though?

    Edit:
    Exactly how this happened is unknown, but it was likely a combination of many things. The Cie'th Stone's mention of Pulse fal'Cie turning people into l'Cie with vague Foci, and many Pulse city ruins are swarming with Cie'th.
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/War_of_Transgression

    That must be what I'm thinking of, anyways

  10. #190
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,651
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    Can anyone confirm the state of pulse's fal'cie? I'm pretty sure a fragment says that the pulse fal'cie are now dormant (or a person somewhere, can't remember where...) and yet we obviously see Fenrir, but it could just be orbitting and not necessarily awake. I find it odd that Titan is no-where to be seen too, would've made for an epic boss Sin-style :<

    Edit: And if they AREN'T dormant, did they just decide to stop branding people with crazy missions? Because I'd have thought that would be a genuine concern for people wanting to live on the planet considering they basically wiped the previous population out.
    Someone basically answered above,but just to expand on it:

    All Cocoon Fal'Cie (ones created by Lindzei) are dormant. All Pulse Fal'Cie are alive and doing whatever it was they've always done. Fenrir is still searching the sky, Titan is still doing his "Darwin Awards" tournaments with the local wildlife, Atomos is presumably still playing Minecraft by going "Diggy Diggy Hole", and the list goes on.

    Also, since I saw a lot of people ask about Fenrir, I thought I'd give my interpretation of what we know. Basically Fenrir is doing his search the sky thing ... and I can only assume that, like some of our own Earth based telescopes, he's doing an exhaustive search of the entire sky along some specific route. This route will, in or near the year 200AF, eventually bring him to a position directly in front of the sun ... but not only that, and unlike an Earth eclipse, his route will actually cause him to follow the arc of the sun over Pulse for quite some time, essentially creating a multi-decade long eclipse until he once again is no longer in sync with the suns path.

    With that said, the paradox in 10AF Massif is actually no different than the one in Bresha. The people in the Massif are looking up at the year ~200AF sun and Fenrir as if looking through a portal. Hence why its locallized. If you walk away from the Massif, you will eventually see the 10AF sun sitting happily in the sky, with no Fenrir in sight .... basically its like someone used a portal gun to put a blue portal in the sky in 10AF and the orange one in ~200AF.

  11. #191
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    760
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Spoiler: show
    So chocolina is apparently Sazh's chocobo chick who 'wished' to help the group out more, so Etro time warped it into a slutty-time-travelling-half-human-paradox...

    Dat Toriyama

  12. #192
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    Spoiler: show
    So chocolina is apparently Sazh's chocobo chick who 'wished' to help the group out more, so Etro time warped it into a slutty-time-travelling-half-human-paradox...

    Dat Toriyama
    Spoiler: show
    I'm confused. He still had the chick in his 'fro, so how could it be that chick? Was it a chick that he had in the past that he lost at some point? Has he had more than one 'fro chick?

    I interpreted it as if she was his current 'fro chick's mother that was lost for whatever reason, then insert Etro time-warp wibbly-wobbly.

  13. #193
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    760
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Spoiler: show
    I'm confused. He still had the chick in his 'fro, so how could it be that chick? Was it a chick that he had in the past that he lost at some point? Has he had more than one 'fro chick?

    I interpreted it as if she was his current 'fro chick's mother that was lost for whatever reason, then insert Etro time-warp wibbly-wobbly.
    Spoiler: show
    I haven't personally played it, just what I'd gathered trying to find any nuggets of story info from people who've played the DLC. Besides that, time travel paradox woop, maybe she's the same one from another time

  14. #194
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Spoiler: show
    Maybe it's just 'fro-chick's new mecha-suit!


    This next one's not a spoiler, but relevant. Spoilered merely for size. I'm sure this is old, but whatever.

  15. #195
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    566
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    Spoiler: show
    So chocolina is apparently Sazh's chocobo chick who 'wished' to help the group out more, so Etro time warped it into a slutty-time-travelling-half-human-paradox...

    Dat Toriyama
    It was hinted at in the datalogs, so I expected this DLC to confirm it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Spoiler: show
    I'm confused. He still had the chick in his 'fro, so how could it be that chick? Was it a chick that he had in the past that he lost at some point? Has he had more than one 'fro chick?

    I interpreted it as if she was his current 'fro chick's mother that was lost for whatever reason, then insert Etro time-warp wibbly-wobbly.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually—from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint—it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

    When you throw the fact that time itself is breaking down, it doesn't seem unreasonable that two of the same person can exist in the same place at the same time. My best guess is that when those three fell into the timeline, she made the wish and was sent across time while simultaneously being in Serendipity, having not made the wish. At some point in her timeline, she ended up in Serendipity again (which makes it more like the same person from two different timelines existing in the same place).

  16. #196
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    I watched it a second time, and yeah you're right. I had also forgotten that the chocobo chick wasn't with him right when he arrived in Serendipity, so the wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff was probably taking place then.

    This'll take you to a video at the point straight to the chocolina "reveal" for anyone who is curious but didn't buy the DLC. You can watch part 1 and the previous 7 minutes of part 2, but it's just the chocobo chick quest.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifU0fZh5jHw&t=7m0s

    Everybody wondered why she never said 'kweh', but she finally does right there at the end (while laughing)!

  17. #197
    It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,327
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Just finished the game tonight and 4 of the paradox endings sitting at 153 fragments total. I enjoyed the hell out of this game, and still can't believe some of the negatives in the reviews it got. (QTE shit was made out to be a fault and i think there was maybe 5 in the whole game?) I loved the story and almost everything about it was way better then XIII.

    I enjoyed the ending, even though it was TBC, I just really hope they continue with the promised DLC even if XIII-3happens. (which after this one I am all for it) Haven't started the Sazh DLC yet I am going to do that after I finish all the fragments, but I really hope Snow gets more then a novel for his part of the story I want him to have his own DLC episode.
    I think it's a given we will have lightning, and hope episodes and would love for Fang and Vanille to get theirs but that is unlikely unless they take it back to when they were first branded which could be fun.

    Only issue I had with the game was getting lightnings crystal, I tried over 200 times before I got the monster crystal fragment skill, got almador on the fourth try, omega on the first, and all kills were her dying last to feral link abilities, finally got her on the 7th kill after getting the frag skill.

    So far my favorite paradox ending was with mog and the flans it was so out of leftfield I loved it.

  18. #198
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,978
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    Just finished the game tonight and 4 of the paradox endings sitting at 153 fragments total. I enjoyed the hell out of this game, and still can't believe some of the negatives in the reviews it got. (QTE shit was made out to be a fault and i think there was maybe 5 in the whole game?) I loved the story and almost everything about it was way better then XIII.

    I enjoyed the ending, even though it was TBC, I just really hope they continue with the promised DLC even if XIII-3happens. (which after this one I am all for it) Haven't started the Sazh DLC yet I am going to do that after I finish all the fragments, but I really hope Snow gets more then a novel for his part of the story I want him to have his own DLC episode.
    I think it's a given we will have lightning, and hope episodes and would love for Fang and Vanille to get theirs but that is unlikely unless they take it back to when they were first branded which could be fun.

    Only issue I had with the game was getting lightnings crystal, I tried over 200 times before I got the monster crystal fragment skill, got almador on the fourth try, omega on the first, and all kills were her dying last to feral link abilities, finally got her on the 7th kill after getting the frag skill.

    So far my favorite paradox ending was with mog and the flans it was so out of leftfield I loved it.
    Yeah the reviews were so jaded once you actually played the game. I'm also looking forward to the continuation. I just hope it comes soon, and not 2-3 years down the road.

  19. #199
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,488
    BG Level
    6

    For a time traveling plot I found it to be surprisingly well told and coherent, but you need to talk to all NPCs, see all the live trigger answers (for example, all the LT conversations with Hope in Academia are crucial in order to understand the whole "new Cocoon" business, but you can only get one at a time so you have to close that gate to repeat it) and read the fragment data in order to fully understand it.
    This is not bad of course, but those who simply rush to the final boss without doing so might find it lacking and/or confusing.
    This might explain why most reviewers criticized the story because they usually don't fully explore the game, so they're missing out on a lot of plot-related info.

    I thought the ending to be shocking and unexpected in a good way - virtually all the other FFs have the exact same ending sequence (final boss explodes in a colorful light > final dungeon collpases > some last-minute bad thing happens and the heroes risk to be killed > random DEM saves the day), so it was a nice change for once.

  20. #200
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,978
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    For a time traveling plot I found it to be surprisingly well told and coherent, but you need to talk to all NPCs, see all the live trigger answers (for example, all the LT conversations with Hope in Academia are crucial in order to understand the whole "new Cocoon" business, but you can only get one at a time so you have to close that gate to repeat it) and read the fragment data in order to fully understand it.
    This is not bad of course, but those who simply rush to the final boss without doing so might find it lacking and/or confusing.
    This might explain why most reviewers criticized the story because they usually don't fully explore the game, so they're missing out on a lot of plot-related info.

    I thought the ending to be shocking and unexpected in a good way - virtually all the other FFs have the exact same ending sequence (final boss explodes in a colorful light > final dungeon collpases > some last-minute bad thing happens and the heroes risk to be killed > random DEM saves the day), so it was a nice change for once.
    They are definitely getting better and not worse though. I'm really excited to see how dark and mature versus is going to be.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FFXIII-2: Post Release Discussion
    By Katlan in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 1459
    Last Post: 2013-08-01, 16:20