Who do you mean by Maker? It was Pulse/Lindzei that waned to bring back "the Maker", that is Bhuni. Muinn was his maker, but he doesn't want to see her again I betHe just wanted to escape the curse of mortality as he saw it. I think as far as we know he didn't have any further motives.
Except they fail and in FFXIII-3 you have to kill the awakened Bhunivelze who oppresses the people. Etro in her dying moments makes lightning and serah her l'cie, then pulse and Lindzei return and decide to defy Bhunivelze after seeing Etro die and make Vanille and Fang l'cie again. Hope desperately repowers Eden ad discovers Lindzei who makes him and Sazh sanctum l'cie and Noel spends his time protecting Yeul. Meanwhile, the attacks of Bhunivelze threaten to destroy the new ark and Mwynn, who apparently didn't die at all decides to protect the citizens of Bhunivelze by erasing their memories and sending the ark out of the orbit of Gran Pulse. She knows that the spirit of Etro will be reborn on the ark and prophesizes there will be a king known as Noctis who will be her new champion. True story.
I read the Ultimania thing and the only thing about Bhun that is known is that he was mad that everything had to die. He believed that Muin cursed everything in seen realm by making everything mortal. Now that I read this it reminds me of how Caius is pissed at Yuels deaths. Maybe Bhun wants to be some sort of ultimate ruler in a world where nothing dies. However, Bhun story is still up for interpretation by the director so we cant be certain.
Yeah you're right the maker is pretty much Bhuni and they all want to be reunited with him.
@Spira Lulz, You forgot to somehow tie it into FFVII, just like they did with X-2.
@Cichy Neat, that's a pretty important tidbit, but what good would opening the door of souls do? Bhuni created Chaos by making the fal'cie/Gods (Pulse, Linzei and Etros) which is fucking everything up now.
Here's a thing talking about more Arks
Also, one of the fragments speaks of Caius being a l'Cie and how no one knows who made him one.The fal'Cie made numerous arks in preparation for war with a foreign enemy.
Could the foreign enemy mean the demons of Cocoon?
But then the legend of the Arks was born before Cocoon.
There also seem to be legends that many Arks were stolen and hidden within
Cocoon around the time that the Demon made it.
Just what is the enemy from beyond?
Is something from "Beyond" planning to come here?
Or rather, was the plan to invade the "Beyond"?
Did not the departed gods go to the "Beyond"?
Well, if any of the stuff leaked about Versus is true, watch the "Beyond" being the planet of Versus![]()
DELETED
Read at your own risk, might spoiler too much if any of it is true. On the other hand you might just treat it as a fan-fiction, lol. There's not much creditability behind it.
Edit:
Nvm it, reading more behind that stuff it is indeed just fan-fic stuff.
Though, I found that pic interesting now
http://flyingwankey.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/eye.png
I'm curious if more info about the arks would be relevant to the FNC mythos. If it is then there may be significance in the fact that Bhunivelze is a new "ark" created by the people of the future
From what I read Type 0 is really irrelevant. It's another directors view of FNC mythos and a one that strayed of from it further.
Going back to XIII-2 my guess we will hear more about the dream world. That one fragment seems to be hinting at it and if the other gods were somewhere in the two worlds they surely would've intervened by now. I'm assuming chaos consuming both worlds will cause their return.
Considering the source, I'd say BS. Also writers and NDAs...
Fun read tho.
None the less it definitely seems like the stories are straying from the coming of age bullshit, and going into depressing stuff.
Edit: I'm too lazy to type it up, but if you look at Datalog > Histories and Myth > Death of a Goddess it shows some pretty interesting stuff about Lightning. I don't think she's protecting anything now. I also don't know how she was put into a Crystal Sleep if Etro's is truely dead.
I look at it that most of the things being discussed are supposed to be questions at the end, not explained. At this point I think we're just supposed to be accepting the fact that Caius is a sneaky fuck and got exactly what he wanted, Serah may or may not be dead, Lightning is crystallized for some unknown reason and the world is being overrun with the unknown chaos.
Other than that, the only thing I have a problem with is the fact that they kept going early in the game once it was acknowledged they were fucking shit up. Changing time is bad -> We have to change the future!
I think they were pretty SOL in terms of alternative options, though. Either that, or wait for Lightning to inevitably lose to Caius and the world to go to hell anyway.
The original idea of the fal'Cie was that opening the door of souls would return the maker, which if Bhunivelze is actually in that crystal from the throne, just happened in XIII-2, but he's still asleep.
Iirc in some cutscene they mention how Caius and Yeul are servants of the goddess. I immediately linked this to: they are her l'Cie. The logic behind it just seemed natural to me, since Etro is also a fal'Cie. In this way I actually considered Lightning a l'Cie too, which maybe could explain her actual crystalization if what Burningthought is mentioning about the datalog is true that she isn't protecting anything (I haven't checked, but I assume that is unlocked after I beat episode 6).
Also I just assumed she was protecting something or sealing something away. I have no idea what they mean with "maintain hope because of the sacrifice her sister made" in the guide book interview. How do you be a glimmer of hope as a warrior goddess when you take yourself out of the equation? Unless you sealed something away you know nobody could beat if they unlocked it, not even Lightning.
If she just crystalized normally her focus could have been something like: Seal the crystal if all shit goes very, very bad?
Spoiler: show
As for the Bhunivelze stuff, I thought the 'maker' was probably referring to Muin (or however she's spelt in the western version), being as in the mythos he was in the physical world and set his fal'cie on the task of opening the door so that he'd be able to get to Muin. Could be that they wanted to bring her back so that Bhuni would wake up, kill her, then start things over like the Fal'cie wanted (obviously not knowing she's already gone).
Where's this "leaked" Versus XIII story? I see Gokulo's post, but it provides no link and google isn't really helping me. Or is this about something else than that fan-fic?