Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 275

Thread: FFXIII-2: Plot Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #161
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,822
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    cocoon drops gently in 500af because they planned for it to happen and cushioned its fall with something called metashield

  2. #162
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,520
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    It falls gently, though i'm a little baffled by how even if it fell to the planet, would it be so disastrous as to make it unliveable? It doesn't seem that crazy, if only because we know outposts go on and survive, like the one in ??? Archelytte Steppe (which i'm totally mispelling). Obviously that's not the high end of technology, but if you can make a floating cocoon land for your people, one would think you could make it on the ground too where it might not... y'know, fall. Just build it on the ground >_>

  3. #163
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,340
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    cocoon drops gently in 500af because they planned for it to happen and cushioned its fall with something called metashield
    Ah, thanks, missed that info.

    @Shukudai, ask the dinosaurs how much they enjoyed a comet. Obviously Cocoon wouldn't fall with the same speed as that, but still enough to warrant a backup plan in the form of a new Cocoon to save the human race. As for living on the planet, not everybody likes living among Adamantoises, Pulse Fal'Cie and Cie'th. Huge ass walls or not.

  4. #164
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    760
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Mioko, that's the Fal'cie Fenrir blocking the sun out, the surrounding light makes it look kind of like cocoon. It's looking for the door to the invisible world and orbits Pulse, and it showed up 200 years earlier than it was supposed to because PARADOX DUN IT.

    Does it bother anyone else how out of proportion Cocoon looks in Oerba? You can see the base and it looks like it's not much further away than the mountains surrounding the city, and basically looks way too small. In addition to that, it's base is in the crystal sand that surrounds Oerba when it's obviously not supposed to be.

    It's stupid I know, but it seems lazy, at least in New Bodhum it looks the right size with regards to where they are. Seems like they could've just made a larger cocoon model rather than reuse... but this game is all about efficiency.

  5. #165
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    703
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Hope created some sort of barrier under Cocoon to make the fall alittle less devastating. It's only briefly mentioned in the ending before they take off in new Cocoon but some of the fragments talk about it. That's why it didn't look as bad as people expected.

    Edit: Missed Spira's post but yeah.

  6. #166
    >The Implying
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,039
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    Does it bother anyone else how out of proportion Cocoon looks in Oerba? You can see the base and it looks like it's not much further away than the mountains surrounding the city, and basically looks way too small. In addition to that, it's base is in the crystal sand that surrounds Oerba when it's obviously not supposed to be.
    You didn't notice in XIII that as you approach Oerba, Cocoon gets closer? That's because it's near Cocoon. Its the site where the vestige that held fal'Cie Anima was taken from by Bartandelus to be placed in Bodhum.

    In fact, it makes sense that both Academia and Oerba are close to the pillar because Hope runs the Academy and the Academy somehow restricts access to Oerba.

  7. #167
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    You think that hope is still able to fight on par now? i mean when he tried to help for the final fight, and Serah turned him down, you think he could've helped?

  8. #168
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,488
    BG Level
    6

    I think Hope has good chances of being playable in future DLC, considering that he's one of the very few characters who might have survived at the end.

  9. #169
    The Real Cookiemonster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Secret ending, I is disappoint.
    Spoiler: show
    was hoping for a more happy end...

  10. #170
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    144
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    I think Hope has good chances of being playable in future DLC, considering that he's one of the very few characters who might have survived at the end.
    ugh i hate Hope, i really would like to play as Snow, since he only poped in for a little and then left, seeing as he was also on some sort of time travel adventure saving lightning i think it would be cool to to play as him along his journey paralleled to serah and noel to see what he has been up to and how hes gonna save the day lol

  11. #171
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I might be overly skeptical, but I laugh a little inside every time someone mentions playing as new characters in the DLC. This is SE, all we're gonna get is people as recruitable monsters at best.

    Of course I'd love to be proven wrong :3

  12. #172
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    I'm telling you all the story DLC will be what happen between the start and the end, we won't get a follow of the current ending until xiii-3

  13. #173
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    And considering SE seemingly already registered the name xiii-3, it's likely there will be a continuation with the released chaos.

    I also wouldn't mind a prequel following Caius as a l'cieth, before he became invincible. That was, after all, several thousand years ago, during the prime of many civilizations alluded to in ff13.

  14. #174
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,520
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I feel confident that the continuation of the story will be from them making 13-3, and DLC something like this:

    Lightning: Adventure-time a little bit before the game starts, right after she lands in Valhalla, but mostly what she's doing while the players story is going on.
    Snow: Whatever happened while he went off looking for Lightning and ended up with him pulling a Dr. Who, and getting a l'cie mark again.
    Sazh: Nfc, the only reference I remember with him was like, him and Dahj just disappeared one day.

    Hope doesn't make that much sense for a story, since he was doing stuff the whole time but I'm sure they could make up some scenario for him. Vanille and Fang are all crystal'd up for the duration of the game, so I don't see much there, which is sad, because I like their accents in the English version (yes, even Vanille's )

    I do hope though for 13-2, that DLC, even if story, includes newer and tougher fights and yeah, I'll stupidly, eagerly and gladly accept any of the 13 cast as a monster, if it means they're in my party (minus Sazh... Dude's just no fun to play as.)

  15. #175
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Yeah, I don't see Vanille and Fang having stories. They might make a return for 13-3; but I don't see them being anything beyond Colosseum battles in 13-2.

    They again, I suppose it's possible to do a "future" episode since they got saved in one of the Paradox endings. Either that or something in The Void Beyond.

  16. #176
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,488
    BG Level
    6

    If XIII-3 doesn't happen and the ending is released via DLC I would expect Vanille and Fang to be playable though.
    Serah (and by extension, monsters) won't be available unless they bring her back immediatly at the start of the hypotetical ending DLC.

  17. #177
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,520
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I would be fine without Serah. She's not that awesome, though I think she filled the role in the story not too bad, a bit too ... I guess JP >_> Vanille and Fang are what i'd like to see more of though. They would definitely be a logical choice to be part of 13-3.

  18. #178
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,488
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by shukudai View Post
    I would be fine without Serah. She's not that awesome
    I used to think that too, until I saw this:

  19. #179
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Haha I regret not picking that option now.

  20. #180
    Jer
    Jer is offline
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,125
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by shukudai View Post
    Sazh: Nfc, the only reference I remember with him was like, him and Dahj just disappeared one day.
    Yeah, wasn't much mentioned about him, just the stuff about him flying airships for work. I think it was one of the pieces of Snow's story from the cores that said he also saw him flying through the Historia Crux.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FFXIII-2: Post Release Discussion
    By Katlan in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 1459
    Last Post: 2013-08-01, 16:20