Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 590

Thread: Spring 2012 Anime Season     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #361
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Hmm, looks like some good stuff this summer. Speaking of, shouldn't these PVs get their own Summer 2012 thread? Nitpicking, I know.

  2. #362
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    So I've been watching Hiiro no Kakera. It's actually pretty good >_> I mean I signed up for bishounen and that's exactly what I got. The main female character isn't loathsome, either. I'm rather enjoying the series. It's very Fushigi Yuugi in that the main chick is an important spiritual princess or w/e with guardians who have powers, while there is an equal and exact opposite set of villians.

  3. #363
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,574
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    DARKER THAN BLACK 南方の彷徨

    10月~MBS系

    総監督 岡村天斎
    監督 金子伸吾
    シリーズ構成 菅正太郎
    キャラクター原案 岩原裕二
    キャラクターデザイン・総作画監督 小森高博


    ボンズ・MBS・アニプレックス
    This may not be real. It's all over the Japanese blogosphere, though. Started from a source on 2ch (lol.) Darker than Black 3 coming Summer/Fall if true.

  4. #364
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    This may not be real. It's all over the Japanese blogosphere, though. Started from a source on 2ch (lol.) Darker than Black 3 coming Summer/Fall if true.
    Could be good. I'd watch it because I enjoyed the other two.

  5. #365
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    489
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    This may not be real. It's all over the Japanese blogosphere, though. Started from a source on 2ch (lol.) Darker than Black 2 coming Summer/Fall if true.
    ftfy
    Also I hope with all my being it's true.

  6. #366
    Elvaan Death Machine
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,281
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    This may not be real. It's all over the Japanese blogosphere, though. Started from a source on 2ch (lol.) Darker than Black 3 coming Summer/Fall if true.
    Meh, Hei will have moved on from being a pathetic drunk to being a coke fiend. He will spend the entire series snorting lines off of hookers tits and punching bitches in the face.
    .
    .
    .
    On second thought that actually sounds like it could be pretty good.

  7. #367
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,141
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    Meh, Hei will have moved on from being a pathetic drunk to being a coke fiend. He will spend the entire series snorting lines off of hookers tits and punching bitches in the face.

  8. #368
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    Ok. I hope someone can help me. I grabbed fate/zero 17 from UTW as usual. Unlike normal, no subtitles showing up this time. I use MPC-HC exclusively. Never had this problem with anyone else's release before and I've been watching a ton of fansubbed shit lately. I've tried everything I can think of like moving the sub position manually thinking they might be offscreen, redownloading the ep, checking that all the Subtitles options are checkmarked for S: Styled Subs [English]. Nothing helps.

    I just don't know why this one ep of fate/zero is not giving me any subs. Does anyone know anything I can do that might help? Anyone else had this problem? There's nothing in UTW's comments for the ep release that makes me think anyone else has a problem.
    Thanks.

  9. #369
    Most Valuable Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    812
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Cayden Fereles
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    I downloaded the same ep with no issues on playback. Maybe reinstall the codecs? http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

    edit:

    I assume you did the easy part of checking under Navigate to make sure english subs were turned on.

  10. #370
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,574
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Nyaruko-san

    Still very funny. I wonder if they'll ever take even a semi-serious approach to anything in the series.


  11. #371
    Most Valuable Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    812
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Cayden Fereles
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Nyaruko-san

    Still very funny. I wonder if they'll ever take even a semi-serious approach to anything in the series.
    I've enjoyed this show quite a lot so far, which is weird for me since it's not the kind of show I'd normally pick. The random Scry-ed, Goemon and other references have made me laugh each time and added to the already silly humor.

  12. #372
    alsohawks

    ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,960
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Ok. I hope someone can help me. I grabbed fate/zero 17 from UTW as usual. Unlike normal, no subtitles showing up this time. I use MPC-HC exclusively. Never had this problem with anyone else's release before and I've been watching a ton of fansubbed shit lately. I've tried everything I can think of like moving the sub position manually thinking they might be offscreen, redownloading the ep, checking that all the Subtitles options are checkmarked for S: Styled Subs [English]. Nothing helps.

    I just don't know why this one ep of fate/zero is not giving me any subs. Does anyone know anything I can do that might help? Anyone else had this problem? There's nothing in UTW's comments for the ep release that makes me think anyone else has a problem.
    Thanks.
    Do other episodes still work now or after this stopped working have others stopped as well? Every once in awhile something happens to me with MPC-HC where when I manually set DirectVobSub/VSFilter in External Filters it's removed. Don't know what your setup is for loading subtitles so it's just a guess. I think even with CCCP DirectVobSub is set in MPC's external filters so it might just be a matter of going back through CCCP's settings if that's what you're using.

  13. #373
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitoru View Post
    I downloaded the same ep with no issues on playback. Maybe reinstall the codecs? http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

    edit:

    I assume you did the easy part of checking under Navigate to make sure english subs were turned on.
    Yeah I did check that like I said. Thanks but I'll pass on codec packs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    Do other episodes still work now or after this stopped working have others stopped as well? Every once in awhile something happens to me with MPC-HC where when I manually set DirectVobSub/VSFilter in External Filters it's removed. Don't know what your setup is for loading subtitles so it's just a guess. I think even with CCCP DirectVobSub is set in MPC's external filters so it might just be a matter of going back through CCCP's settings if that's what you're using.
    Oh, no, everything else works fine without a hitch, it's JUST this one ep, and nothing else of UTW's has ever given me a problem. Like I said I'm currently watching tons of shit (everything this season that's worth half a damn) and nothing else is giving me problems, leading me to believe that it's a small change necessary and not a big one like reinstalling codecs or whatever. I don't use CCCP or any other codec pack right now, I have LAV video/audio, madvr and haali manually installed and I think that's it. Idk man.

    [edit] Just installed directvobsub and set it as a preferred filter and still nothing ._. wrrrrryyyy

  14. #374
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    any specific reason for not using CCCP beside wanting to be a hipster?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    Meh, Hei will have moved on from being a pathetic drunk to being a coke fiend. He will spend the entire series snorting lines off of hookers tits and punching bitches in the face.
    .
    .
    .
    On second thought that actually sounds like it could be pretty good.
    Charlie Sheen: The Animation?

  15. #375
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    When people started releasing shit in 10bit I just followed the CoalGirls instructions for 10bit playback which required uninstalling all codecs, haven't needed/wanted anything but what they recommended since. Don't know why this one file out of the hundreds I've played since then has problems with subs. Might have to install CCCP if I can't figure out another way to get subs on this file though.

    I'm not trying to be a hipster lol, it's just a general preference for wanting to run the lightest, least bloated version of anything possible, that includes not having a ton of different codecs that all do the same/similar things. CCCP is by no means bad and I'd use it over any other codec pack but I still haven't needed it since except for maybe now.

  16. #376
    alsohawks

    ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,960
    BG Level
    8

    You can try loading the subtitles within MPC-HC and seeing if they work there? I downloaded it just out of curiousity and was able to get subs to work both ways. Basically just go into MPC's options, under Playback check "auto-load subtitles" and then uncheck the External Filter. Under Subtitles you might have to adjust the Maximum texture resolution if "desktop" causes lag, though, it does in my case since my laptop's old.

    re: CCCP: used to use it and read the same thing from Coalgirl's playback guide, said CCCP dithers everything down to 8-bit anyway.

  17. #377
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    You can try loading the subtitles within MPC-HC and seeing if they work there? I downloaded it just out of curiousity and was able to get subs to work both ways. Basically just go into MPC's options, under Playback check "auto-load subtitles" and then uncheck the External Filter. Under Subtitles you might have to adjust the Maximum texture resolution if "desktop" causes lag, though, it does in my case since my laptop's old.
    Actually that was my setup before I installed directvobsub and tried to use the external filter. Neither way gives me subs. They just don't show up at all on this file. In other news, just watched an ep of Hiiro no Kakera and it worked fine. I am so confused.

  18. #378
    Elvaan Death Machine
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,281
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Charlie Sheen: The Animation?
    Yeah, pretty much.

  19. #379
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    451
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    @Silenka: Have you tried opening it up in VLC?

    A friend of mine had a similar issue with a different Anime. I told him to open it in VLC and it worked perfectly fine.

  20. #380
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    I know VLC would probably be able to display the subs. However, I don't use VLC anymore for anything. Its internal filters can't handle most high-quality video. I just had too many problems with quality of playback even though VLC will really open just about anything. I feel like I should figure out the problem here though in case it happens again.

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Summer 2012 Anime Season Thread.
    By Ker in forum Anime
    Replies: 425
    Last Post: 2012-10-15, 04:58
  2. Winter 2011/2012 Anime thread
    By Ker in forum Anime
    Replies: 954
    Last Post: 2012-04-01, 11:52
  3. Spring 2011 Anime Thread
    By Avvesione in forum Anime
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: 2011-06-28, 22:51