Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 590

Thread: Spring 2012 Anime Season     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #521
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,548
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Also that secret announcement was an announcement of a "secret trailer" at the next type-moon fest in a few weeks

  2. #522
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,548
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    BEHOLD!



    MANSERVICE!

    ufotable had to know exactly what they were doing here. Blatant pandering.

  3. #523
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    So I wouldn't call myself the biggest Fate fan out there, but holy shit Fate/Zero was pretty fucking amazing. I dunno what I'm missing out from having never read the novel (and my even with limited and hateful memories of the FSN anime I still liked the links and all), but what they showed was fantastic. Beautifully paced, great characters, story, atmosphere, art, animation and music. Truly one of the best anime I've watched in a long time.

    Often the hype surrounding an anime makes it fall flat (this happened a little with Steins;Gate for me) when you finally watch it, but Fate remained impressive no matter what.

  4. #524
    Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,097
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

    That whole scene was just glorious. Gilgamesh gives zero fucks.

    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    So I wouldn't call myself the biggest Fate fan out there, but holy shit Fate/Zero was pretty fucking amazing. I dunno what I'm missing out from having never read the novel (and my even with limited and hateful memories of the FSN anime I still liked the links and all), but what they showed was fantastic. Beautifully paced, great characters, story, atmosphere, art, animation and music. Truly one of the best anime I've watched in a long time.

    Often the hype surrounding an anime makes it fall flat (this happened a little with Steins;Gate for me) when you finally watch it, but Fate remained impressive no matter what.
    Fate/Zero is much different from Fate/Stay Night at least in anime form. Mostly because the Fate routes tend to follow one of the female characters as the main character for that specific route so there's alot more fanservice stuff going on involving Shiro and such, while Zero is more from Kiritsugu's perspectives with none of that to really distract. And also none of this;
    http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/.../peopledie.jpg

    If you want a read through of Fate/Zero someone posted a link to the translation on a wiki a few posts back, can use that to see what it was like originally with a few pictures thrown in here and there.

  5. #525
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,548
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    the F/SN anime had Shirou tracing Ilya a blanket for no particular reason

    Enough said.

  6. #526
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Shirou can't even trace blankets with that kind of speed, on the basis that a blanket is not a sword :/

    Anyway, I have no idea why Kirei is thinking so hard and obsessing on what his wish was.
    Spoiler: show




    Really, it's right in front of his face, just how much do you need to be in denial to not acknowledge the fact that the grail has granted him his dearest wish?

  7. #527
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,736
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    From what I hear alot of important stuff(like half of that section) got skipped out in the final episode. I guess it's time to read the LN now that baka tsuki has enough translated material around for download.
    I am disappoint that this wasn't included.
    Spoiler: show

    Taiga X Waver FOREVER!

  8. #528
    GRT
    GRT is offline
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,272
    BG Level
    7

    I wonder if people watching this without knowing anything about FSN get the same kind of goosebumps as I do watching the last scene.

  9. #529
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by GRT View Post
    I wonder if people watching this without knowing anything about FSN get the same kind of goosebumps as I do watching the last scene.
    Spoiler: show
    My initial thoughts watching that scene were that time flows differently in the place Saber was, and that ray of light she witnessed was the moment that Avalon resonated inside Shirou during his declaration to succeed Kiritsugu and summoned her back for the 5th Grail War. In the space of a short monologue five and five more years years had passed in the real world.

    Which also reminds me, they neglected to mention Kiritsugu placing Avalong inside Shirou to save him. That is a plot point they really should have addressed, no matter the time crunch.

    Regarding the whole Dark Sakura thing, I don't know much about it because I haven't finished the VN, read the LN, or read any of the B-sides, but Kairya's end in the F/Z anime kind of fit your description. While they din't directly show it, it is quite possible she let Kairya fall or directly pushed him into the pit given her comment.


    Awesome anime on every level. It's definitely on my rewatch list when I have the time, right there with Kara no Kyoukai. Two TypeMooniverse shows animated by ufotable and scored by Kajiura Yuki worth rewatching; coincidence? I think not. Ufotable, please do FS/N justice and animate it!

  10. #530
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    When kirei got up I was almost expecting a...

    Spoiler: show


    for others to start reviving O_o (never read the manga myself so...)

  11. #531
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Aquarion EVOL Ep26 (End)

    Amazing Final. Really loved the way the fight was directed and the way, even with an episode in which 90% of the time the characters were fighting, the moment it was time to tap on your "feels good" emotions, they hit it pretty well.

    My only complaint would be that a couple scenes felt a little off, but it's pretty minor and with the fact that there is so much in motion it's even more marginal.


    Overall:

    This show is such a guilty pleasure of mine. The premise in itself is just absurd and stupid but I don't say it's bad or something since it's those aspects what made it outstanding.

    FUCK YEAH.

  12. #532
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    221
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Saber say in FSN that she was defeated by Gil before she had a chance to destroy the grail? Or at least was defeated somehow by him? I know it would have been cliche' to have a "final battle" scene, but I was actually looking forward to those two throwing down (and thus making up for there crappy last fight in FSN)

  13. #533
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,765
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Hyouka 10

    Spoiler: show
    Whoa I totally forgot about the rope too. Thought Oreki's conclusion was pretty good though. Can't wait to see whether the rope plays an important role.

  14. #534
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,548
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - END

    I am legitimately upset about this. They had the series set to end on a fantastic note, and then randomly pull out the most stupid thing I've seen in a long time.

    People weren't going to end their lives. It was a good ending. Didn't have to ruin it. I'm not anti-happy ending, but that was just stupid.

  15. #535
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,318
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    Hyouka 10

    Spoiler: show
    Whoa I totally forgot about the rope too. Thought Oreki's conclusion was pretty good though. Can't wait to see whether the rope plays an important role.
    I'm not normally a big fan of mystery shows at all, maybe the new BBC Sherlock is the only one I'm really interested in that isn't a movie. But this show has been really entertaining thus far. And yes, I forgot too, lol

  16. #536
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    With Saki Achiga-hen 11, we're officially caught up to the manga. Of course the regular Saki had this problem and the animation staff was able to collaborate with the Mangaka so we don't have a situation where we have an original anime ending. I'm hoping this is again the case here.

    Anyway, it has been such a great series that I can't wait to see how this match ends...

    Edit: this is just an awesome pic:


  17. #537
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,736
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - END

    I am legitimately upset about this. They had the series set to end on a fantastic note, and then randomly pull out the most stupid thing I've seen in a long time.

    People weren't going to end their lives. It was a good ending. Didn't have to ruin it. I'm not anti-happy ending, but that was just stupid.
    Yeah that was a pretty contrived end. on one hand the previous episode was amazing but the ending was just the exact opposite. The grandmother is nothing like that in the manga and now that I think of it they cut the scenes where the grandmother shows up out of the anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    Spoiler: show
    My initial thoughts watching that scene were that time flows differently in the place Saber was, and that ray of light she witnessed was the moment that Avalon resonated inside Shirou during his declaration to succeed Kiritsugu and summoned her back for the 5th Grail War. In the space of a short monologue five and five more years years had passed in the real world.

    Which also reminds me, they neglected to mention Kiritsugu placing Avalong inside Shirou to save him. That is a plot point they really should have addressed, no matter the time crunch.

    Regarding the whole Dark Sakura thing, I don't know much about it because I haven't finished the VN, read the LN, or read any of the B-sides, but Kairya's end in the F/Z anime kind of fit your description. While they din't directly show it, it is quite possible she let Kairya fall or directly pushed him into the pit given her comment.


    Awesome anime on every level. It's definitely on my rewatch list when I have the time, right there with Kara no Kyoukai. Two TypeMooniverse shows animated by ufotable and scored by Kajiura Yuki worth rewatching; coincidence? I think not. Ufotable, please do FS/N justice and animate it!
    To give you a short synopsis of dark sakura
    Spoiler: show
    We see sakura holding it together despite her crappy life and dark sakura is what happens when she finally snaps and you realize that you probably should have seen this coming when you take into account just how bad things were for her. It also establishes Rin as a complete bitch thanks to a comment she makes. She gets her comeuppance for it big time though.
    Spoiler: show
    Sakura tells Rin how bad it was, wonders why she didn't even try to save her etc etc etc and Rin's response was along the lines of "so what? I had to live out a life as a prodigy doing my best to live up to the expectations people had for me." Sakura isn't amused to say the least and makes Rin relive her life. Rin turns into a gibbering mess screaming/begging for mercy before the first hour is up. Oh and sakura starts om nom nomming on people's souls, has unlimited mana, powers the freakin grail, when gilgamesh defeats her she erupts back to life like a goddamned chestburster which results in his probably quite grisly death. This is what i've managed to piece together from hearing people talk about things back when no complete translations were availiable.

  18. #538
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    To give you a short synopsis of dark sakura
    Spoiler: show
    We see sakura holding it together despite her crappy life and dark sakura is what happens when she finally snaps and you realize that you probably should have seen this coming when you take into account just how bad things were for her. It also establishes Rin as a complete bitch thanks to a comment she makes. She gets her comeuppance for it big time though.
    Spoiler: show
    Sakura tells Rin how bad it was, wonders why she didn't even try to save her etc etc etc and Rin's response was along the lines of "so what? I had to live out a life as a prodigy doing my best to live up to the expectations people had for me." Sakura isn't amused to say the least and makes Rin relive her life. Rin turns into a gibbering mess screaming/begging for mercy before the first hour is up. Oh and sakura starts om nom nomming on people's souls, has unlimited mana, powers the freakin grail, when gilgamesh defeats her she erupts back to life like a goddamned chestburster which results in his probably quite grisly death. This is what i've managed to piece together from hearing people talk about things back when no complete translations were availiable.
    Heh, I see. I'm guessing that comes from the Heaven's Feel arc?

  19. #539
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,736
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Yup. I hear it's 60~80% translated now but the translators stopped working on it at least a few months ago.

  20. #540
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Is that a transcription of the VN you're talking about, or the arc in the VN itself? I thought the VN was 100% translated.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Summer 2012 Anime Season Thread.
    By Ker in forum Anime
    Replies: 425
    Last Post: 2012-10-15, 04:58
  2. Winter 2011/2012 Anime thread
    By Ker in forum Anime
    Replies: 954
    Last Post: 2012-04-01, 11:52
  3. Spring 2011 Anime Thread
    By Avvesione in forum Anime
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: 2011-06-28, 22:51