Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 590

Thread: Spring 2012 Anime Season     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #141
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Sengoku Collection Ep1

    Man this episode was bad; like really bad, what really offends me about this series is the writing and characterization is probably about as bad as say Dragon Crisis, and filled with about as many bad anime cliches. There is no chemistry between the main characters, mostly due to the poor performance of the VAs, the direction is low energy, and the humor is painfully awkward. It completely fails at being a comedy.

    I can't believe this by Studio Brains Base.

    Spoiler: show







    Acchi Kocchi Ep1

    A really cute show and the humor is similar to Kill me Baby.



    Sankarea Ep1

    This show isn't exactly what I was expecting, and I wasn't really expecting anything in particular because I hadn't really read up on it beforehand. It remains to be seen if this show can escape all the terrible cliches or it'll actually do something worthwhile with Zombie plot. Overall a good first episode.

    Spoiler: show






  2. #142
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,538
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Medaka Box 1



    B-Bro! You're alive!

  3. #143
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,316
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Medaka Box 1

    B-Bro! You're alive!
    My exact thoughts, lol

  4. #144
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    like i said, traces

    seem like more of a desecration than anything else though :/

  5. #145
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,538
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Kore wa Zombie desu ka S2 01



    God I missed this show.

  6. #146
    Elvaan Death Machine
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,281
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Lupin III was much better than I was expecting it to be, which is saying a lot since I was expecting it to be awesome. I will admit that I'm biased since I've been a Lupin fan for years and always enjoy his adventures, but I don't care this was godly. The animation was some of the best I've seen in a long time, I just hope they can keep it up over the rest of the season.

  7. #147
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    So as someone who's never watched Lupin before I'm interested. What's a good starting point?

  8. #148
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,538
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Lupin is villain-of-the-week format. Start anywhere you want.

    Castle of Cogliostro is widely accepted as the best

  9. #149
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,141
    BG Level
    9

    Watching the first 3 seasons of the TV show are a good place to start. The animation is pretty janky but the thematic elements are well established. You see a lot of foundation laid for other series inspired by it (Cowboy Bebop, etc). If you can find the old tv specials (First Contact) etc the animation quality goes up. Castle of Cagliostro is probably the easiest to legally obtain but thematically speaking it's a departure. Fun though.

    You don't have to 'start' anywhere though. Random episodes of Lupin just stand on their own, some are stronger than others (some are just downright bad). The old series didn't age well but it oozes style nonetheless.

  10. #150
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,538
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Fate/Zero S2 starts today

    My body is ready.

  11. #151
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Oh man just watched zombie... can't feel but sorry for the guy haha

    also... haruna half naked... (´¬`)



    also.... Sankarea!



    surprised its the author of umisho... nice manga for sure (would be even better animated)

  12. #152
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    49
    BG Level
    1
    FFXIV Character
    Xeynaar Nightbreeze
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Umisho? It's already animated.

  13. #153
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    also.... Sankarea!
    Personaly, I was impressed by the Interesting compositions and framing abound throughout the episode. clearly a lot of love and care into this show, especially from a Director who started his courier doing Hentai.

    Spoiler: show






    Fate/Zero Season 2 Promo



    Kokoro Connect PV

  14. #154
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeynaar View Post
    Umisho? It's already animated.
    well dam, looks like... I'll be torrenting something big this weekend then O_o
    DVD uncensored *drools*

  15. #155
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,480
    BG Level
    7

    My thoughts on the season thus far:

    http://avvesione.wordpress.com/2012/...ssions-part-1/

    http://avvesione.wordpress.com/2012/...ssions-part-2/

    Been okay, Lupin and Space Bros have been the best so far.

  16. #156
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph


  17. #157
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,538
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Lupin

    What's this air on? When? A porn channel at 3am?

    Doesn't matter. Brilliant. Lupin is alpha as fuck as always

  18. #158
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Little Busters to be Animated by Studio J.C.STAFF
    Oh God. Even I can't defend this, I don't understand why it wasn't Studio Kyoto Animation or P.A works.

  19. #159
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Fate/Zero Season 2 Ep14

    Holy shit I love this show. It was a nonstop orgasm for my eyes and soul. Shit goes fast and things explode. It's beautiful. Everything should be like this all the time.

    Style is substance. This is a total celebration of love, trust, guts, and Rider goodness. Every second was delightful. Studio Ufotable died for my sins and I love them for it.

    Overall:


    Spoiler: show





    Upotte!! Ep1

    You know This wouldn't be a bad time-waster in a slower season but there's too much coming out now for me to bother with it. Looks like I'll have to give up on finding an enjoyable comedy for this season.

    All in all, it's still a show worth checking out and I'm sure a lot will love it.


  20. #160
    Most Valuable Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    812
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Cayden Fereles
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Summer 2012 Anime Season Thread.
    By Ker in forum Anime
    Replies: 425
    Last Post: 2012-10-15, 04:58
  2. Winter 2011/2012 Anime thread
    By Ker in forum Anime
    Replies: 954
    Last Post: 2012-04-01, 11:52
  3. Spring 2011 Anime Thread
    By Avvesione in forum Anime
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: 2011-06-28, 22:51