Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 1073
  1. #621
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    Anyone a 400 artificier i can trust to make me some stuff please?

  2. #622
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Does the Guild Armor transmutation stone just apply your guild emblem to your current armor skin or does it have it's own skin? Am serious disappoint if it is its own skin because that means it's worthless and nobody will ever wear it.
    Anybody?

  3. #623
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,668
    BG Level
    6

    So I was thinking of picking this up.... any good?

    Is it more of a story based game, or more your typical MMO?

  4. #624
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,485
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Anybody?
    When i used it, it was it's own armor skin which was a huge disappointment. It used to work on any armor in beta so I'm not sure why they changed it.

    It's pretty much the same skin you get when you zone into the mists for structured PVP, for medium anyways.

  5. #625
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,315
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by sephir View Post
    So I was thinking of picking this up.... any good?

    Is it more of a story based game, or more your typical MMO?
    It's good. Probably leans a little more to the MMO side than a story based game as you need to do things other than story content in order to level up.

  6. #626
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,193
    BG Level
    10

    And the story is pretty cheesy.

  7. #627
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,664
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    So I'm 400 Jewelry but stuck on what I should level next for a craft... my profession is thief by the way. Any thoughts / suggestions / guides would be awesome.

  8. #628
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,485
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Level whatever makes bows so you can craft your gift of wood. Assuming you want the shortbow, which you should!

  9. #629
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    Bustin the rhymes up in here

  10. #630
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    When i used it, it was it's own armor skin which was a huge disappointment. It used to work on any armor in beta so I'm not sure why they changed it.

    It's pretty much the same skin you get when you zone into the mists for structured PVP, for medium anyways.
    Man that is lame as fuck. Why would they do that when clearly everybody is going to want the awesome looking dungeon armor sets? I'd like to represent my guild and look like a badass at the same time god dammit!~

  11. #631
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,391
    BG Level
    6

    I have an issue with skills descriptions.
    When a skill says - "...Heals allies" - does it mean...?

    - It will heal allies ONLY. Unless it says "Heals you and allies".
    - It will always heal you as well.
    - None of the above?

    Playing Guardian, my Focus skill4 says it regenerate allies, but it also works on me.
    But my Shield skill5 says that it heals allies, and it does not work on me.

    For example, as I am working on my traits, I can't figure out if "Writ of the Merciful - All symbols heal allies." will work on me as well.

  12. #632
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,318
    BG Level
    6

    It probably depends how the skill is for lack of a better word "executed", i assume your talking about the shield bubble which if you cancel explodes outwards and heals, correct?. that's a simple spherical from your character, ignoring you.
    Skills like healing breeze which is conical from you allows you to be healed and your allies too. Typically your symbols heal you anyway, if you read closely it will say something like "deals damage to enemies, heals yourself", the trait will allow you to pass on the healing benefits from your symbols to your allies.

  13. #633
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,391
    BG Level
    6

    I understand your point, I just find very confusing that some skills mention "you", while others don't.

    Following your logic, it should be that "Writ of the Merciful - All symbols heal allies" works in synergy with the GS symbol and heals me as well?

  14. #634
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    Cone of cold only says "heal allies", but it heals me as well. Cleansing wave says "heal yourself and nearby allies", and heals me and allies.

  15. #635
    Aro
    Aro is offline
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    276
    BG Level
    4

    How's pvp balance? Any classes that seem to have the advantage? I'm guessing there isn't a whole lot of 1v1 going around, nonetheless what are peoples general thoughts?

  16. #636
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,111
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    I have an issue with skills descriptions.
    When a skill says - "...Heals allies" - does it mean...?

    - It will heal allies ONLY. Unless it says "Heals you and allies".
    - It will always heal you as well.
    - None of the above?

    Playing Guardian, my Focus skill4 says it regenerate allies, but it also works on me.
    But my Shield skill5 says that it heals allies, and it does not work on me.

    For example, as I am working on my traits, I can't figure out if "Writ of the Merciful - All symbols heal allies." will work on me as well.
    Healing on symbol works on yourself. I have that traited and never regretted it. Its pretty nice

  17. #637
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Aro View Post
    How's pvp balance? Any classes that seem to have the advantage? I'm guessing there isn't a whole lot of 1v1 going around, nonetheless what are peoples general thoughts?
    There's 2 (2.5?) PvP modes. World vs World, which is generally a massive clusterfuck, taking over territories, using siege weapons, etc. Very rare to see any 1v1 going on here, but overall melee performs a little worse than ranged here. Not really an issue, since all classes have ranged options. You can make melee work if you choose your battles carefully, but you will die very quickly if you just jump in to the thick of things. Then you have structured PvP mode. This is the real "competitive" PvP mode. It pumps you up to level 80, gives you every skill available to your class and all items have identical stats, you just choose what runes/sigils you want in your gear and go at it. Within sPvP mode there's random free 8v8 servers you can join, or you can do tournament mode, which pits you in a 5v5 where teamwork is far more important. In both 8v8 and 5v5, 1v1 fights are pretty common. As far as balance goes, I'd say it's pretty good overall. Some do feel a little stronger than others (especially 1v1), but the difference isn't huge and with the right setup you can really take on just about any class. I play a Guardian, which is generally considered one of the strongest classes in sPvP, and fighting some full on ranged classes can be a hell of a struggle. CC skills and condition removing skills play a huge part in it, if they can force me to blow my condition removal skills so they're on cooldown, they can burn me down pretty easily whilst I have no good means of approaching them. But if I can get in just once I have a number of tools that can keep them nearby and let me smack the hell out of em. It's very fast paced, but there is a lot of strategy going on in just pacing your abilities. If you blow all your cooldowns and stamina (lets you dodge roll, effectively making you invincible for half a second or so) immediately, you're gonna get steamrolled. It's a far sight from some other MMO PvP I've played where it's just cycling the same few abilities without much care for timing.

  18. #638
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,193
    BG Level
    10

    Guardians with save yourselves make my corrupt boon smile.

  19. #639
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    World vs World, which is generally a massive clusterfuck, taking over territories, using siege weapons, etc. Very rare to see any 1v1 going on here, but overall melee performs a little worse than ranged here. Not really an issue, since all classes have ranged options. You can make melee work if you choose your battles carefully, but you will die very quickly if you just jump in to the thick of things.
    This is untrue, at least as an elementalist and guardian. It takes 30+ seconds of 20+ people beating on me to kill me as dagger/dagger. I also have so many escapes that I'm essentially invincible as long as I use my abilities properly and have so many gap closers that staying in and out of melee range(to avoid damage/not die) is never an issue. By staying melee I also do a ton more burst(staff basically does ZERO burst) and 30-40% more overall damage.

    For guardian, gsword vs staff is like a 65-75% dmg increase I think.(probably wrong, never played guardian, only with one and he never uses staff)

  20. #640
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    What is the best event(s) to spam for karma farming?

Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Aion: Random Question Thread
    By Falisa in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 1971
    Last Post: 2012-08-26, 08:31