Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1073
  1. #921
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,272
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Great, thanks!

  2. #922
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    In the end everything WvW related depends on your server and who you are up against. Unless somebody is from the server all they can do is share their unrelated experiences with you since yours will bee 100% different

  3. #923
    Sci
    Sci is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    584
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Capping supply camps (not with a zerg) almost always gets you 2 badges from the Supervisor. Your tier may be different, but usually defense is the quickest way to get a lot of badges. Nothing quite like manning a cannon and being surrounded by bags of loot. But you'll need enough people on defense to actually kill anyone if you want to get badges, etc.

  4. #924
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    503
    BG Level
    5

    Based on http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Command_line# I have mine as "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArenaNet\gw2.exe" -testVerticalFov -bmp, but my screenshots are still taking as jpg. What am I doing wrong? :/

  5. #925
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Is there a site anywhere that lists logging/mining/gathering nodes?

  6. #926
    wotg torrent kitty :3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,624
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Halion View Post
    Based on http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Command_line# I have mine as "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArenaNet\gw2.exe" -testVerticalFov -bmp, but my screenshots are still taking as jpg. What am I doing wrong? :/
    I don't know about the bmp, but you can leave the -testVerticalFov out. They included it into the game a few patches ago.

  7. #927
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Is there a site anywhere that lists logging/mining/gathering nodes?
    they change every reset. their may be a map maker for ori/ancient logs on your server, but aside that you gotta make your own

  8. #928
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

  9. #929
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    That should be helpful. Right now I'm trying to stock up on crafting crap so I can get my weaponsmithing leveled.

  10. #930
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,485
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    I think my best haul for one run is 60 orichalcum ore. Feels like cheating that i can do that per character.

  11. #931
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,318
    BG Level
    6

    Yeah it seems alot but when you take into account the price and how much time you spend per character it's not that great, takes me about 1-2hrs depending on placement per day doing it across 3 characters. working on a 4th character now and its going to get to the point where its only worth while doing sound & southsun each day because the rest of the time could be spend running a dungeon/fractal and making far more in return.

  12. #932
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,485
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Takes me longer on 2 but i mine and chop everything.

  13. #933
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,318
    BG Level
    6

    I try to specifically target Ori/Ancient only, occasionally i'll get sidetracked, but tbh i have one of those sites that has the maps of all the nodes listed so i work out an efficient path everytime theres a change. avoiding nodes buried within jump puzzles saves a hell of alot of time.

  14. #934
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    503
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    I don't know about the bmp, but you can leave the -testVerticalFov out. They included it into the game a few patches ago.
    I think that was the issue, I don't remember seeing that update, thanks

  15. #935
    Cloak & Dagger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    310
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I've never ran a dungeon before in GW2 and I'm looking to start Fractals soon for the Monthly. I currently play a Thief, using a condition spec with mostly rare (might upgrade to exotic soon) Carrion gear and D/D + SB setup for pretty much everything. For the Thieves that have ran fractals or people who have ran with successful thieves, do you have any tips or recommended specs?

    Edit: Blah, posted in the wrong topic. I meant to post this in the class discussion. Oh well, I think it still works here.

  16. #936
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,485
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Demenic View Post
    I've never ran a dungeon before in GW2 and I'm looking to start Fractals soon for the Monthly. I currently play a Thief, using a condition spec with mostly rare (might upgrade to exotic soon) Carrion gear and D/D + SB setup for pretty much everything. For the Thieves that have ran fractals or people who have ran with successful thieves, do you have any tips or recommended specs?

    Edit: Blah, posted in the wrong topic. I meant to post this in the class discussion. Oh well, I think it still works here.
    If you read guru or official forums, most thieves will tell you to go full glass cannon burst build. I personally hate playing with glass cannons because i end up rezzing them every pull, especially thieves.

    I personally run a balanced build with S/P + SB. The blind from S/P is invaluable for certain areas.

  17. #937
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,485
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Demenic View Post
    I've never ran a dungeon before in GW2 and I'm looking to start Fractals soon for the Monthly. I currently play a Thief, using a condition spec with mostly rare (might upgrade to exotic soon) Carrion gear and D/D + SB setup for pretty much everything. For the Thieves that have ran fractals or people who have ran with successful thieves, do you have any tips or recommended specs?

    Edit: Blah, posted in the wrong topic. I meant to post this in the class discussion. Oh well, I think it still works here.
    If you read guru or official forums, most thieves will tell you to go full glass cannon burst build. I personally hate playing with glass cannons because i end up rezzing them every pull, especially thieves.

    I personally run a balanced build with S/P + SB. The blind from S/P is invaluable for certain areas.

  18. #938
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    There is value in having full Berserker's gear to use on easy shit, but make sure you also have another build/set of armor ready.

    I'm gonna be trying this build soonish: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User.../Thief/Acrobat I want to get full berserker's gear first before I change the runes on my current set of armor to use that build.

  19. #939
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Do I have to rezone for a jump puzzle's chest to reset? Or can I camp it and wait for it to reset after the 24 hour peroid?

    EDIT: Got my answer. Just reset by me.

  20. #940
    I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,266
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Do I have to rezone for a jump puzzle's chest to reset? Or can I camp it and wait for it to reset after the 24 hour peroid?

    EDIT: Got my answer. Just reset by me.
    Really? This is new... at least the WvW puzzle chests require you to leave the area far enough for it to "unload" in order for it to reset.

Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Aion: Random Question Thread
    By Falisa in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 1971
    Last Post: 2012-08-26, 08:31