Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 1041 to 1060 of 1073
  1. #1041

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,993
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I thought that was DOTA. Or COD.

    No trend there at all.

  2. #1042
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    492
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    how to be successful at tpvp:

    turn any form of chat off
    play hgh engineer or trap ranger
    roll idiots into the ground
    continue rolling idiots until you start hitting premade teams 90% of the time
    stop playing tpvp

    but really, out of the hundreds of tpvp games i've played, i've never encountered meme spouting 16 year olds. maybe you're just unlucky? people hardly even talk at all, apart from determining what the split is.
    could also try and befriend the players you actually do like and play games as a premade group and auto-win 99% of the time.

  3. #1043
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,318
    BG Level
    6

    I play with a group of 6~ other guildies who are quite good. i play condi necro or bunker guardian depending on the map fuck this fotm shit.

  4. #1044
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    257
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Maybe it's because I was on Anvil Rock but when I was playing I couldn't go 5 minutes without be asked if I even lift... Anyway I tried playing some drop in games and man have I lost my touch. Couldn't even 1v1 a thf. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with my ele d/d build taking nerfs almost every patch that I cared to read up on, but I digress. If anyone has a team that could show me the ropes again I'd appreciate it a lot.

  5. #1045
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,318
    BG Level
    6

    D/D hasn't been good in ages, S/D is the better powerhouse.

  6. #1046
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    257
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Still running the X/X/X/30/30 though right? Not quite sure what to do about runes either.

  7. #1047
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,288
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    I haven't played GW2 since like October or so, installing now and curious if PVE has changed much. Are the high level zones still dead to the point where you can't really do the events? Really just miss the exploration element of GW2 since that was the funnest part of the game for me.

  8. #1048
    wotg torrent kitty :3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,624
    BG Level
    6

    You do nothing but event farming (right now in southsun), thanks to all the timers telling you exactly when they are up.

  9. #1049
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    I just 100% cleared the 3 Orr zones on my Thief alt after returning (to Ehmry Bay) and didn't ever skip or avoid events other than Temple of Lyssa (lol 1 hour fight no ty). I imagine guesting on a high pop T1 server like JQ would have a far more populated zone too. As Aevis touched on though, Anet released public APIs that let you track events instantly. Lots of players use timers like this to track and do these events and don't do much otherwise, but there's still plenty of regular players out there too. Orr zones have been improved quite a bit since you last played too, doing stuff there is more challenging and rewarding now and they improved a lot of the mobs/events. The number of broken/bugged events is a lot lower too, but I have caught a couple that are still bugged back from release so it's by no means perfect.

  10. #1050
    wotg torrent kitty :3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,624
    BG Level
    6

    It's not a bad thing tho. I (and half of my guild) spent the entire weekend in southsun. Some leveled alts through the events while others got filthy rich farming sharks for the T6 scales and yellows. With the event timers, you can just jump on an alt and do the event, park it on the next one and switch back to southsun farming.

    The areas also are more lively in general, due to the dailies. Working on 100% map and noticed shouts for veterans/champions/events on every map.

  11. #1051
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    D/D hasn't been good in ages, S/D is the better powerhouse.
    This is half wrong. Yesterday's hosted tournament with anet's lead balancer watching and commenting had numerous d/d eles. One of the top 2 teams ran a d/d ele, S/d is stronger and easier to play, but d/d is still incredibly strong. I personally don't enjoy s/d at all because of how easy it is, d/d is mucch more fun. I play as d/d and do fine.

    Tournament: http://www.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom/b/408643113

  12. #1052
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    210
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Enzan Red
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Haven't found anything to play recently so I decided to reinstall the game. Are server transfers still free, and if so is there a BG guild anywhere? If not anyone willing to pick up an 80 thief and warrior? ;(

  13. #1053
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,817
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Server transfers are definately not free, and you likely don't have the gold to transfer if you've been gone a long while. I think it was around 30 bucks to transfer to a high population server? SoR has a very active PvE and WvW community, so you wouldn't go wrong there. BG guild is all but dead now, on Emhry Bay, but I don't think you'll go wrong on SoR. Just use http://gw2lfg.com/ to find dungeons, if you want, and http://guildwarstemple.com/dragontimer/ for the daily chest reward events, and use TS for WvW and you'll be golden.

  14. #1054
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    348
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Well, it's not entirely devoid of BG guild members. I'm on Sanctum of Rall and I kind of seeded these forums.

    I had initially suggested Ehmry Bay as the go-to server for BG because I knew it wouldn't fill up quickly, but I decided to go to Sanctum of Rall when it was added to the list for beta 3. I knew it was going places. I can't remember why the entire (*ahem*) 'consortium' of BG posters didn't follow suit, but it didn't concern me much since you can be in the guild on any server and chat with everyone who's logged in.

    The downside of everyone being on their own separate servers is that BG posters (read: ex-FFXI players) can't actually function as a guild in terms of collecting influence, running in World vs World together, etc.

    Anyway, Kachiko is right. SoR is thriving in all areas of the game. There are, of course, empty-feeling places on some of the less popular middle-ground maps like Fields of Ruin or Lornar's Pass, but even on those maps, you'll still run across someone doing map completion once in awhile.

  15. #1055
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

    This game has been laggy as shit since Dragon Bash, to the point where it's pretty much unplayable. No matter which area I go to or when I play, I'll have a 1-4 second delay between pressing my keys and the actions going off. It should not be on my end since all my other online games are working flawlessly.

    I'm not sure about what to do and the official forums haven't been helpful. Any clue about what the hell I could try?

    EDIT: And the lag is magically gone today. I really hope it lasts, been dying to play this game
    EDIT2: Back to being terrible. Oh well.

  16. #1056
    Sci
    Sci is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    584
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    So to the people who beat Liadri, how do you go about damaging her in phase 2? Trying to melee her seems pretty much impossible, but I've timed out a couple of times just trying to use ranged weapons on Warrior. I'm pretty good at getting out of phase 1 quick and staying alive now, but I feel like I'm spending too much time running away in phase 2 to do enough dps.

  17. #1057
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    865
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Are you wearing zerk gear? I did it on war in full zerker armor witha rifle and didn't have any issue with damage.

    You could also try this if you want to melee her.

  18. #1058

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,993
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I wouldn't really try that route if you're attempting to win. She inflicts weakness constantly and you have to be pretty lucky to get a full combo off without being hit by it.

  19. #1059
    Sci
    Sci is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    584
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by blindSharingan View Post
    Are you wearing zerk gear? I did it on war in full zerker armor witha rifle and didn't have any issue with damage.

    You could also try this if you want to melee her.
    Not full zerk, but I guess I really should finish off the set for times like these. Also that video annoys me since I swear it takes my fat norn 2x as long to pick up those crystals.

  20. #1060
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2
    BG Level
    0

    Are Warriors still on the bottom tier? Or has anything improved at all?

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Aion: Random Question Thread
    By Falisa in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 1971
    Last Post: 2012-08-26, 08:31