1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 56 minutes
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 432
  1. #361
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Also DRG's is really terrible if you're trying to hit multiple enemies more than an inch above/below each other.

    I was running by Humblehearth and used it on the group of wolves just to the SE (just on a whim) and despite 4-5 being within -melee- range it only hit......2.

  2. #362
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Ouch, that sucks.

  3. #363
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    229
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Spirestone

    The crafting XP bonus is delicious. Been getting 2k-3k SP on synths that would give me 1.5k at best before this patch. It's making leveling crafts ridiculously fast compared to the speed before. Best part is, your XP might drop as you get closer to the item's synth level, but you can push that bonus high enough for it to be just as worthwhile.

  4. #364
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    321
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Is that including the rested exp bonus and trying to maximize quality bonus? That's the only way I've been getting decent exp, otherwise it looks to be the same to me.

  5. #365
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    EXP is overall better everywhere all the time.

    (which really wasn't necessary)

  6. #366
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    229
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Spirestone

    I actually gotten 3k xp without rested bonus, but I had crafting manual up at the time so it's pretty much the same thing. I have all my crafts up to 36, so I got a lot of "I WIN" crafting abilities, the most ridiculous trio would be Assemble, Perfection, and Hand of the Gods. On lucky crafts, I can boost up to ~390 quality. On bad ones, I stay at around 225. When I started as 36 GSM, I was doing ~3k per synth on level 40 leves (Dated Electrum Rings, Dated Mythril Choker), as I got closer to 40 it dropped down to around 2k. Overall, still pretty good.

  7. #367
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    760
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    I just wanted to ask being as I don't play anymore, but have jobs pretty much made classes redundant then? It seems like some cases the original class won't be necessary at all (e.g. conjurer and archer appear to have very few advantages over white mage and bard even in a solo situation, from an observer's perspective).

    It sort of seems like it would've been better just to replace the original class system with jobs, and give each job a self-heal or something.

    Purely observation and I don't think it has much impact on anything, I expect the system will make a bit more sense once additional jobs are added to classes and cross-classes.

  8. #368

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,993
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    "Event" is pretty lol. Talk to NPC, get 20 achievement points and BiS dps earring lol

  9. #369
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    the blossom rain is annoying the shit out of me

  10. #370
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    229
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Spirestone

    Jobs have not made classes redundant. A lot of the DDs lose out on Sentinel when they go jobs, making fights that have massive AoE damage (Hellfire immediately comes to mind) much more difficult and requiring strategic use of abilities (Battle Song + AoE Rampart with Benediction right after is my LS's strategy). Many jobs also lose out on cure and raise as well, making soloing and small groups that much more challenging if everyone was on jobs.

  11. #371
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    I just wanted to ask being as I don't play anymore, but have jobs pretty much made classes redundant then? It seems like some cases the original class won't be necessary at all (e.g. conjurer and archer appear to have very few advantages over white mage and bard even in a solo situation, from an observer's perspective).

    It sort of seems like it would've been better just to replace the original class system with jobs, and give each job a self-heal or something.

    Purely observation and I don't think it has much impact on anything, I expect the system will make a bit more sense once additional jobs are added to classes and cross-classes.
    If you're soloing or in a small group classes are the best choice because they get the job done and you have more options available. If you're doing endgame content that requires 8 people better go with jobs and cover each other.
    BLM is a very good example of this.
    Archer loses some buffs from other melees I believe and Conjurer is probably the only example where going WHM is the best option all the time if you're healing.

  12. #372
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    760
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    That's good to know, I think at this stage in the game they really don't want lots of confusing extra systems that make it seem convoluted, but if they do still contribute well I guess that's not a problem at all.

    I think I'll wait till 1.22 to make my return just because I'd rather wait to a point where I consider the game to have enough content to last me till 2.0 starting over on Ragnarok. I'm actually looking forward to it now though, especially if Garuda and hamlet defence turn out well.

  13. #373
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by jwang View Post
    Jobs have not made classes redundant. A lot of the DDs lose out on Sentinel when they go jobs, making fights that have massive AoE damage (Hellfire immediately comes to mind) much more difficult and requiring strategic use of abilities (Battle Song + AoE Rampart with Benediction right after is my LS's strategy). Many jobs also lose out on cure and raise as well, making soloing and small groups that much more challenging if everyone was on jobs.
    I was thinking about that last night. Does Benediction give a crapload of hate?

  14. #374
    F5 Like A Boss.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,396
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

    For the backseat drivers. Volume came out a tad low so you will need to increase your volume. Sorry.:


  15. #375
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    84
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDragoon View Post
    At 50 it's even more awesome...
    True Thrust -> Heavy Thrust -> run behind -> Vorpal Thrust -> run to the side -> Impulse Drive -> Chaos Thrust
    I was soloing tapers doing this last night. DRG is so beast!

  16. #376
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,978
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I was thinking about that last night. Does Benediction give a crapload of hate?
    BLMs were doing fine popping sanguine before hellfire, we didn't have anyone die going full jobs. Also Benediction does have quite a bit of hate attached to it, but it's not insta-death like it is in XI. A decent tank should be able to keep hate just fine.

  17. #377
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Horus View Post
    I was soloing tapers doing this last night. DRG is so beast!
    Successfully timing Elusive Jump is reason enough to state that DRG is completely fucking badass. Looks so damn slick. I was using it to avoid the final DRG AF fight AoEs. I see the Drake start to glow, bam. I'm a mile away like a baws.

  18. #378
    F5 Like A Boss.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,396
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

    So I've come to the conclusion that no matter how much content is added to the game it'll never be enough for current players at end-game. lol

  19. #379
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    149
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    There will always be the upper 1% who blow through a month's worth of content in a weekend and then complain that the game is SO EZ. Been that way since the dawn of MMOs.

  20. #380
    F5 Like A Boss.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,396
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    There will always be the upper 1% who blow through a month's worth of content in a weekend and then complain that the game is SO EZ. Been that way since the dawn of MMOs.
    In their defense, if the end-game content was defeated a week after being released than it was indeed too easy. Let's take other games for example... How long did it take for the top guilds in WoW to get through Black Citadel, Naxx, Tempest Keep, Cho'gall? All that shit before the final boss was tough. And no, I don't think FFXI/FFXIV players are just "better skilled" than WoW players.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Patch 1.22a Notes (05/09/2012)
    By Stanislaw in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 2012-05-12, 09:57
  2. Patch 1.21a Notes (03/26/2012)
    By Stanislaw in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 2012-03-28, 22:56
  3. Patch 1.18 Notes (07/21/2011)
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 453
    Last Post: 2011-08-02, 18:06
  4. Patch 1.17a Notes (04/25/2011)
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 2011-04-27, 14:10
  5. Patch 1.17 Notes (04/14/2011)
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 199
    Last Post: 2011-04-25, 15:12
  6. Patch 1.16 Notes (03/03/2011)
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 2011-03-08, 19:22
  7. Patch 1.15b Notes (02/17/2011)
    By Corrderio in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 2011-02-19, 09:53