This is a joke between the myself and my guitar teacher. He is several years younger than I am and jokingly refers to D#7 diminished as "D hashtag 7th dim". Sometimes I wonder if he actually knows but he is so great at guitar that I can't bring myself to believe that he doesn't know what the sharp symbol is.
Good news: I got an interview and I did fantastic, woman couldn't stop saying how much she liked me and how I was exactly the kind of person they want working there. Bad news: it's a union job with other internal candidates (I'm not) and one of them has the technical skills they want and I would have to be trained. She told me it's not impossible for me to get the job - but there are other factors at play (mainly union stuff) so here's hoping :/
So now I'm worried. New job starts Monday, they haven't gotten back to me on yes/no did they ok the information I sent them on Wednesday for the background check. Difficulty: I need to know by tonight so I don't accidentally quit my job and not have another one lined up.
New job would start Monday at noon, I have an interview for a much higher paying job which I'm qualified for at 10:30. If they don't get back to me(they haven't said no yet) I'll have to work until 7 Am Monday, go to the interview (2 hour drive) and then show up for the new position. I don't want to un-employ myself without having the new work confirmed, but I also can't get a hold of the hiring director. My current work isn't letting me schedule Sunday off because they don't want to have to pay it if I'm leaving the next day.
Sounds like a shitty Monday is coming up
My clients billing department didn't seemed to have sent out bills for the entire customer base last month. No bills, no payments, no papers this morning. Now I gotta answer more than 1 call every 10minutes on a Sunday.![]()
An incredibly incompetent real estate team has been delaying the closing day of the house I'm buying for a month now, supposed to close July 8th, now they're saying hopefully August 18th. Which means I'd get the keys on the 21st. The kicker? I have to be moved out of my apartment on the 20th so yeah, super cool.
Who is delaying the closing? My dad just sold his house. The buyers wanted to move in immediately, but were then delayed. They are paying for his first months rent for storage and the house he is renting in the mean time.
Maybe you can swing having the fee for temporary storage and moving one way paid by the realtor/buyer?
It's a HUD home, so it's the government that's delaying it because apparently paperwork is really hard for them to get done. I had them waive the fee that comes from delaying closing($375, plus $25 a day) since they are the ones delaying us. They won't do anything else though, they're very shitty with this stuff.
Also thanks for the info Ksan, ill look into that. I need to repaint and replace the carpet at this place before I even move in so this is becoming a nightmare. Trying to convince my landlord to let me stay until the 25th but they're being difficult, apartment in LA county so it has a waiting list and shit, sucks.
That's not a problem.
I can't get a car loan for the life of me. I've tried almost every avenue I can think about. I work, make decent income, but no one will loan me. My credit is fairly good, too. argh!