Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 111
  1. #61
    Spiders are Awesome
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,073
    BG Level
    8

    Even if they all closed, I imagine the employees would grab all the good shit before customers had a chance. You'd be lucky to find leftover Monster Cables for only $50 instead of $300.

  2. #62
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Even if they all closed, I imagine the employees would grab all the good shit before customers had a chance. You'd be lucky to find leftover Monster Cables for only $50 instead of $300.
    This is truth.

  3. #63
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,121
    BG Level
    10

    50 bucks for monster cables is a steal

  4. #64
    True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,740
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    literally lol

  5. #65
    They're just like us
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,816
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Even if they all closed, I imagine the employees would grab all the good shit before customers had a chance. You'd be lucky to find leftover Monster Cables for only $50 instead of $300.
    Shit unless they chanced the discount Monster cables for Employees are like 90% off in most cases. I miss that discount so much.

  6. #66
    Burninate all the things.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,356
    BG Level
    7

    $30 for a monster cable is still a massive ripoff. You can get the same shit for $2 online.

  7. #67
    Shallow and Pedantic
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,996
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    Shit unless they chanced the discount Monster cables for Employees are like 90% off in most cases. I miss that discount so much.
    Best Buy recently removed our Macdaddy wholesale discount on everything to 50% flat. Best Buy was....and still is struggling so they first removed a good chunk of our discount instead of firing people. That being said... employees are really the only people who buy Dynex/Insignia/Rocketfish accessories... alot of people tend to spend the extra $$$ on name brands. Even with this announcement... Best Buy is hurting it's TV and accessory sales even more. I literally got denied by 100+ people over the last week on anything Dynex/Insignia/Rocketfish in fear that if Best Buy closes.... they won't have any support or be able to make returns..

  8. #68
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,940
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    Best Buy recently removed our Macdaddy wholesale discount on everything to 50% flat. Best Buy was....and still is struggling so they first removed a good chunk of our discount instead of firing people. That being said... employees are really the only people who buy Dynex/Insignia/Rocketfish accessories... alot of people tend to spend the extra $$$ on name brands. Even with this announcement... Best Buy is hurting it's TV and accessory sales even more. I literally got denied by 100+ people over the last week on anything Dynex/Insignia/Rocketfish in fear that if Best Buy closes.... they won't have any support or be able to make returns..
    Like they're going to be able to return it to another store if it's another brand?

    I was so tired of hearing that when CompUSA was on the rocks. BUT WHAT HAPPENS TO MY WARRANTY IF DIS STORE CLOSES

    ... You go somewhere else. Manufacturer service doesn't cease to exist just because a fucking store closes. People are so god-damn stupid.

  9. #69
    Shallow and Pedantic
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,996
    BG Level
    7

    Tell that to customers who are 100% right ALL THE TIME.

  10. #70
    They're just like us
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,816
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    30$? Fuck that, I have some HDMI cords 6' cords I got for 10$ a pop. And these are the sturdy, heavy duty, I could whip kids in Africa with them for years and they wouldn't break type cables. (Not that I've tried).

    30$ sounds like what it is now though after reading omni's post. Even a flat 50% some of the stuff in that store would still lose almost half the sticker price. I remember when flat screens started getting popular they didn't get as much sales time as projections because margins weren't anywhere close to the same.

  11. #71
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    It's not a flat 50%. It's 5% over cost but the total savings caps at 50%

  12. #72
    They're just like us
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,816
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Like I said, half the sticker price. Those cables are at a markup ending in quad digits in some cases.

  13. #73
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,104
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    CompUSA is owned by Tigerdirect now, and have some retail locations in S.florida. Employees are on commission and generally jump you as you walk in to try and help. Works out pretty well. No a great place to work if you can't sell, as commission is all you make.

    AS far as Best Buy... they need to hurry up and keel over so small mom and pops can spring back and take over the mega fail Best Buy is.
    CompUSA went from zero to hero after they got bought up. I fucking love that store now, Tiger Direct had prices that compete with Newegg and Amazon, and now that the old CompUSA stores operate under that model, I rarely even shop on Amazon anymore. I don't think I've been in a Best Buy in the past year or two though.

  14. #74
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,656
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    They still have physical comp usa stores? I know all the ones out here got closed down, same with good guys. God I miss that place for home/car audio.

  15. #75
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,104
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Yeah, but mostly just in the southeast. The actual CompUSA store in Raleigh closed down, but the Tiger Direct here became CompUSA. They also opened a big store up over in Durham. Hell, I bought all of the stuff for my current build there.

  16. #76
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Brian Dunn (CEO of BB) resigned today

  17. #77
    Shallow and Pedantic
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,996
    BG Level
    7

    This man started from the ground up, as a expendable peon.. and worked his way up to be the CEO of this company.... if a man who has been Mr. Best Buy his entire life... suddenly resigns.... you know this Best Buy shit is real, and there is more than just 50 store closings and a hit to the employee accommodations on the way. This really is unfortunate. hopefully something comes out of this and Best Buy can save face.

  18. #78
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    Sounds more like Best Buy let him go but let him step down instead of outright firing him.

    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wir...7#.T4SRNNmjIsI

  19. #79
    Shallow and Pedantic
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,996
    BG Level
    7

    As I agree with the fact Dunn was slow to incorporate new innovations and technological advances to the front lines... Dunn was a special story. It just shows how serious the situation is, and Best Buy is about to do some serious changes, and there is nothing they won't do.

  20. #80
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Just hold out until the end of the summer damn it.

    I don't wanna have to look for a new job before I move for grad school

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best Buy at Improv Everywhere
    By Tekki in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 2008-04-11, 03:19
  2. Free Tickets to '300' with DVD purchase at Best Buy
    By evilbau in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2007-02-27, 16:52
  3. Best Buy
    By Haiko in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2007-02-27, 01:24
  4. So I was at best buy today..
    By Zigma in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 2005-08-30, 08:12