• Navigation
Page 291 of 565 FirstFirst ... 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 341 ... LastLast
Results 5801 to 5820 of 11292
  1. #5801
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,071
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    I have absolutely no idea what team to root for in the second round. Last year at least the Lightning were around and they're kind of my secondary team. Now I just have no fucking idea.

    I did have a coworker call in and tell me "Go Flyers" and I told him to go fuck himself. Which felt good, but didn't make the sting of the series go away.

  2. #5802
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Speaking of Team USA; Team USA won the World Junior Championship for the 4th straight year.
    Sniping this because it's factually wrong.

    Also welcome to the party Canuck fans!

  3. #5803
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    I don't mind most of the teams in the playoffs right now. I'm not very fond of Detroit or Ottawa, but there aren't many of their fans around, if at all?
    Sup

  4. #5804
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    Also spreadsheets/tripleposts



    The only person to not get a red X today was:

  5. #5805
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    Someone needs to find a combined Kesler-tumble and Marchand-spin-o-rama gif.
    better have some kool-aid man in it too


    though in Marchand's defense it turns out it wasn't a dive lol...he didn't get hit illegally from what I saw, but watching NHLN last night before bed, they showed a cutaway to him after he got up and it looked like he had a bloody lip. Not sure how it happened but he did at least get a stinger to warrant grabbing his face for a few seconds it looked like.

  6. #5806
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what team to root for in the second round. Last year at least the Lightning were around and they're kind of my secondary team. Now I just have no fucking idea.

    I did have a coworker call in and tell me "Go Flyers" and I told him to go fuck himself. Which felt good, but didn't make the sting of the series go away.
    C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS

  7. #5807
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    Last year I picked Chicago to "troll," just because of the sheer amount of fans that team has in this thread. Just the way she goes.
    The poor decision making here is that we have about 5 Hawks fans and 40% of them can ban you

  8. #5808
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Rangers get sent home tonight.

    At least Hagelin will be back, honest to god, he creates open ice with his skating ability, and thats something they sorely needed in game 5 when they had almost zero quality shots.

  9. #5809
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    If Boston loses I really don't mind that much who wins the rest of the way. I do need to pick a bandwagon though, but that will happen after teams advance so I don't prematurely jinx any teams.

    Also as always root for maximum schadenfreude.

  10. #5810
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    If Boston loses I really don't mind that much who wins the rest of the way. I do need to pick a bandwagon though, but that will happen after teams advance so I don't prematurely jinx any teams.

    Also as always root for maximum schadenfreude.
    I know it sucks rooting for division rivals, but probably should go with Preds, I think they're a classy, well-built organization for the most part and if nothing else we still should cling to the fact that the Central is the superior division lol

  11. #5811
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Rinne is my top goalie behind Henke. I love quick too but my hate for Jeff Carter is too strong

  12. #5812
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I know it sucks rooting for division rivals, but probably should go with Preds, I think they're a classy, well-built organization for the most part and if nothing else we still should cling to the fact that the Central is the superior division lol
    They've paid their dues building up their organization on the sidelines waiting for the perfect time to strike, like a true...Predator.

    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...so/caruso1.jpg



    in other news: this weather is killing me, absolutely fucking killing me. It was actually SNOWING saturday night

  13. #5813
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,819
    BG Level
    8

    Jesus, three of the last four presidents trophy winners has been knocked out in the first round. The only team to win and go passed the first round was the Canucks last year. As for a new team to cheer on I'm hoping either Washington or Ottawa makes it to the second round. Fuck the Western conference.

  14. #5814
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,130
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    The poor decision making here is that we have about 5 Hawks fans and 40% of them can ban you
    What can I say? I live life on the edge.

  15. #5815
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,659
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    For round two, I would not be surprised if Kings/Blues sets and NHL record for least amount of goals scored. Really want to root for the Kings, but meh I'm a bay area sports fan. Fuck LA.

  16. #5816
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,819
    BG Level
    8

    If Boston loses I really get the feeling that Nashville could go all the way this year. I think they're as good defensively as St Louis but have way more offense.

  17. #5817
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Man it really is kinda hard to pick a backup team, just because there's good stories out there...it'd be nice to see Alfredsson get a Cup, he kind of deserves it, Nashville is obvious, Panthers just because of the sheer mountain of rats that would come out if they won a cup in Sunrise, LA just so Anaheim doesn't remain inexplicably the only California team to have won it, the Rangers because the year they find success is the first year Sather decides to build a team for real instead of just throwing ALL OF THE MONEY at the biggest name he can find, Phoenix to see what would happen when a team on the verge of moving wins a championship(I don't think this has ever happened in pro sports, has it?)...pretty much any team outside of New Jersey and Philly I wouldn't mind seeing take it.

  18. #5818
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,819
    BG Level
    8

    Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Philly win it just because I think Hartnell is hilarious.

  19. #5819
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Giroux's a fucking boss too, I have to admit that fully.

  20. #5820
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Theres still so many people who think the rangers will win this series....god I wish I could be that optimistic

Page 291 of 565 FirstFirst ... 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 341 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5592
    Last Post: 2013-01-07, 10:39
  2. 2011-2012 NHL Season Thread: FUCK COREY PERRY
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 19036
    Last Post: 2012-04-10, 08:38
  3. Replies: 8596
    Last Post: 2011-06-17, 07:09
  4. Replies: 6664
    Last Post: 2010-06-14, 00:40
  5. The official '07 NHL Playoff Thread
    By Norelco in forum Sports
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 2007-05-05, 12:08