Wifey's retarded facebook friends are trying to set up a class action lawsuit for anyone who bought stock lol.
Wifey's retarded facebook friends are trying to set up a class action lawsuit for anyone who bought stock lol.
Why the Fuck did any of them buy?
From what I see, it's a lot of rabble rabble rabble we use facebook like crazy rabble rabble entitle us to something!
=/
LOL imo.
do people really put so little thought into what they buy?
By a raise of hands, how many of you have clicked on an ad by facebook? I asked my friend that question who bought the stock. lol I dont use facebook but when I did I can not think of a single time of when I clicked on any of the ad's they had. Google on the other hand is not so bad maybe once a month I might click something(oh hi mr GS3 link to xda or some other forum I use)
how good they are will depend on if they can get their act together on ad's that people want to click. As of 7 months ago they sucked, I do not think that has changed.
Your girlfriend isn't the only idiot trying to raise a lawsuit. Tell them to go to a casino and put some money on the roulette wheel, then when they lose try to raise a lawsuit against the casino.
Stocks don't just go up, don't invest money you aren't willing to lose. If you don't understand how the markets operate, then don't trade period.
Funniest thing is that even if they did raise a lawsuit, class action, and it did eventually get to court. The price of Facebook will probably rise back above the IPO by then and they won't have actually lost any money unless they sold their shares. In which case they are even further idiots.
I think the last time I saw an ad was playing Angry Birds without turning flightmode on.
lol iv been using chrome and it just came out with adblock. but ya when I used firefox I did not see any too.
But we are not the norm so you saying "I dont see any" does nothing really. Most people do. It be like me saying "My Droid 1 is better then your ______" and it might very well be true, My droid 1 had a OC of over 1.6Ghz and lasts on average of 2 days. That does not mean it stand true for most. I am part of the few in that case.
Edit:ad block rate is estimated at around 7~14% at around 35% of the world using the net(and facebook at 1 billion users) we are talking about 288 million users blocking ad's vs 2 billion seeing the adds or in facebooks case about 140 million seeing blocking ad's vs 860million viewing an ad. Id also go as far as to say that based off the xda forums BG and other forums that are based around tech(users who are more likely to block ad's) less of said users have a facebook.
what matters for the stock is what a normal person is doing.
For people who don't comprehend the latter half of the second page: Morgan Stanley put out info which individual stock purchasers did their due diligence on, then revised their numbers at the last second and only bothered to tell a few corporate clients in spite of the fact that their job was to inform everyone. People have very good grounds for a class action lawsuit, and you look pretty ignorant playing it off as mindless rabble-rousing or entitlement after all this has already been laid out.
And no, I didn't buy Facebook stock. I don't even have an account and I still think it's a fad that will run off 3/4s of its users the second they try to monetize it.
I do not think people are saying that there is no grounds(after all this is America) but how if you did more then 5min of research you should have seen how its value was way overstated. at that value to return the normal rate of 11%(average on the exchange) it would of taken nothing short of a miracle to value it at $38.
posted on the 11th.
I dont care what happens to facebook, has zero effect on my life. My email/phone is all the social I need lol(dont use google+ just gmail)
I watch CNBC all day every day at work (new job is very stock market oriented, I deal with traders all day every day) and watched the weeks/months leading up to the IPO and I was watching when it came out. Everyone, was warned against trying to get in on the IPO for a variety of reasons. Was there something that people were possibly not told of course. But, there were plenty of other warning signs that if any of these people were paying attention to they could have saved themselves some trouble. The initial valuation of the company had the IPO set at being released in the 25-34$ per share range and in the week leading up the IPO they decided due to the hype and demand to raise it to 38$ per share. What people saw on the day of the offering was the normal initial spike that virtually every IPO sees when it was released and then it worked down to where it should have been.
The markets have been moving very bearish lately so it is not surprising that FB has also seen a decline. Apple has fallen nearly 150$ cumulative per share over the last month and a half leading up to, and after it's earnings report that saw it spike 50$ per share in one day. I have talked to guys that have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars over that time because they thought apple was going to go up after it's good earnings. It hasn't, because the market is on a decline.
Point of all this, is that most stocks are going down right now and Facebook is no magical exception to the overall movement of the markets. If someone bought FB with the hopes of being a millionaire in a downward market they are idiots and don't have right for a class action lawsuit whether they got that warning from morgan stanley or not. There were plenty of other warning signs that should have told them to either stay out, or don't expect a quick return. What you have with this class action suit is a bunch of people who expected to get rich quick and instead of seen a small loss so far. Facebook will rebound and it's stock will climb once the market gains strength again.
I too blame things on the economy when I make dumbass investments.
I know what you are saying, they did not update everyone on their new 2012 performance estimates, yes I do understand that. I did not say that it was right(like I said they can sue and they do have something to stand on) but I still feel that if you did 5min of study you would no that the 97 billion was fucking crazy to.
There was a lot of red flags for the company is all I feel. Yes it seems some insider trading happened(ok a fucking lot) but people called it out when its value went from 50~billion (and overvalued) to just down right stupid at close to 100billion.
edit: Changed no to know, capitalized a few I's and the y in yes.