1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 4 days, 16 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 days, 17 hours, 25 minutes
Page 150 of 190 FirstFirst ... 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast
Results 2981 to 3000 of 3797
  1. #2981
    Lostbane
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,052
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    At least 20 attempts and I ain't fucking seen one.
    Did one run of all 3 and got 2 pieces - body and feet. Friend finished his entire set for CNJ yesterday

  2. #2982

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    509
    BG Level
    5

    Question regarding Dual boxing, I have 2 seperate SE accounts. I'll be able to load up 2 instances of the game and dual box, right?

    (This makes it sound confusing: http://support.jp.square-enix.com/fa...5&id=5383&la=2)

  3. #2983
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,330
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Trocian View Post
    It does, been using it all weekend on THM.
    eh.

  4. #2984
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Cures are the only thing I noticed it not working on (was worth a try lol).

  5. #2985
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    288
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I tanked Toto-Rak before the servers went down and managed to wipe once. The win was also a little awful. Was there a mechanic I got lucky on the first time I did it on a different server, or was the White Mage that I got just kinda bad? (There was some standing in green stuff going on but I was too busy trying to not die to notice anything else.)

    All I got was don't stand in green glowing stuff, dodge the silk frontal cone, and ranged attack sacs > kill adds > kill boss.

    Oh, we broke the tail or whatever somehow (there wasn't any melee other than me) but I'm still unsure what it does...

  6. #2986
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,662
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Issah Grimes
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Breaking the tail makes it so he won't drop the green spots on the floor iirc, havent run toto-rak since phase 2 though so I might be wrong about that. Probably had people not paying attention and died to green stuff or just had poison on the sacks blowing up put a dot on you don't they or is it just gravity.

  7. #2987
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,038
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

    I never had any issues healing any of the dungeons in the first week of phase 3. Never wiped in any dungeon either. This was way before Duty Finder. I guess you guys got caught with all the chaff in the final weeks.

    One reason why I'll be rushing my first job up, to avoid the horde.

  8. #2988
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    2 gear sets question

    1) did they ever said if we gonna get more then 8 gear set?

    2) Can i change gear set while engage (if it's the same job) (doubt it)

  9. #2989
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,242
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Iremire View Post
    Breaking the tail makes it so he won't drop the green spots on the floor iirc, havent run toto-rak since phase 2 though so I might be wrong about that. Probably had people not paying attention and died to green stuff or just had poison on the sacks blowing up put a dot on you don't they or is it just gravity.
    I didn't notice any way to break the tail during phase 3 and I ran it a few times. I don't think it's that people are bad right now, it's just that we have a lot of WoW players coming from a game where dodging wasn't even implemented so it's a new concept and it's going to take a little bit of adjustment to realize that you can get out of the way of frontal abilities. Or maybe I'm just hopeful.

  10. #2990
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,662
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Issah Grimes
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Okan View Post
    I didn't notice any way to break the tail during phase 3 and I ran it a few times. I don't think it's that people are bad right now, it's just that we have a lot of WoW players coming from a game where dodging wasn't even implemented so it's a new concept and it's going to take a little bit of adjustment to realize that you can get out of the way of frontal abilities. Or maybe I'm just hopeful.
    Oh damn you can't target the tail anymore when it's up? I don't know how to feel about this. Though you can just burn it down while moving around the entire time.

  11. #2991
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,819
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Okan View Post
    I didn't notice any way to break the tail during phase 3 and I ran it a few times. I don't think it's that people are bad right now, it's just that we have a lot of WoW players coming from a game where dodging wasn't even implemented so it's a new concept and it's going to take a little bit of adjustment to realize that you can get out of the way of frontal abilities. Or maybe I'm just hopeful.
    The tail was still targetable this weekend; maybe the encounter bugged.

  12. #2992
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,330
    BG Level
    9

    Unless they patched it between beta weekends, it doesn't effect THM/BLM damage.

  13. #2993
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,352
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    2 gear sets question

    1) did they ever said if we gonna get more then 8 gear set?

    2) Can i change gear set while engage (if it's the same job) (doubt it)
    1) Yes. You can do it now in fact. Joining any guild will increase your gear sets by 1.

    2) You can't change gear if you have hate on you. Afterwards it's possible.

  14. #2994
    MOST RAD.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,665
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Does VIT only affect maximum HP? My Dunesfolk Lalafell seems like it's made of glass compared to the other races I was playing on GLD and MRD despite same gear.

    What's the VIT to HP formula?

  15. #2995
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,352
    BG Level
    6

    I don't think VIT has any impact on your defense. And as far as I know, racial stat differences all very small to matter. Maybe it's a play style issue?

  16. #2996
    MOST RAD.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,665
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    No same class same playstyle. Just different races. I put quite a few of my bonus points in VIT after level 10 and it remedied the issue I perceived. I guess it really is just a difference of HP.

  17. #2997
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    1) Yes. You can do it now in fact. Joining any guild will increase your gear sets by 1.

    2) You can't change gear if you have hate on you. Afterwards it's possible.


    Really? That's cool lol

    2) So as WHM i could change between different gear sets if i dont have hate on me? perfect

  18. #2998
    EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    492
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by JigglyJam View Post
    Does VIT only affect maximum HP? My Dunesfolk Lalafell seems like it's made of glass compared to the other races I was playing on GLD and MRD despite same gear.

    What's the VIT to HP formula?
    1 VIT = 8 HP i am fairly certain.

  19. #2999
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10
    BG Level
    1

    Question from someone who never played 1.0 and just did some messing around with classes in the beta to see what I liked:

    I always like to level something that's needed/highly wanted at end game, and not a DD/DPS that 3/4 of the population uses as my first job/character. In FFXI I did bard first before doing other jobs, for the short time I played wow, I was a priest. Makes it easier to find parties and actually be wanted if I wanted to do endgame sooner rather than later.

    With that said, I know the tanks and the healers will be #1 most wanted, but how desired will THM or Bard be? Read on the beta forums they totally gimped bard and its more of a DD than a support class now, true?

    Also, is THM just considered another DD or are they more highly sought after since they can sleep and CC?

  20. #3000
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Quote Originally Posted by Seiji Okita View Post
    1 VIT = 8 HP i am fairly certain.
    I think it might vary by level and/or class, 'cause I'm pretty sure I was getting 15 per VIT as a lv50 WAR.

Page 150 of 190 FirstFirst ... 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5228
    Last Post: 2012-06-06, 19:47
  2. FFXIV Random Speculation/Question Thread X: "Social life ends tonight."
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Archive of the Betas
    Replies: 1982
    Last Post: 2010-09-25, 12:49