+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 187
  1. #101

    reviewers that dont like what you like suck, got it

  2. #102
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,696
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    reviewers that dont like what you like suck, got it
    For considering if you would like a certain movie, yeah.

  3. #103
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,280
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Here's hoping this movie is not going to get bogged down by fake controversy.

  4. #104
    We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,439
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

    Rest assured that if it tanks some people will blame misogynists but without the studio feeding into it those people should be relegated to tumblr and youtube comments, where they belong.

  5. #105
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,626
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    For considering if you would like a certain movie, yeah.
    One would think this would be common sense...

  6. #106
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,280
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    Rest assured that if it tanks some people will blame misogynists but without the studio feeding into it those people should be relegated to tumblr and youtube comments, where they belong.
    You gotta be complete moron to be sexist about probably the most iconic female characters in the entire comic book history of comic books. But as you say, people will find a way to make up some bullshit reason to derail this. Sorry if I come off too White Knight on this, but WW is a solid character with a rich history.

    Honestly, when I first saw Gal Gadot cast as WW, I was on the fence. After watching BvS and seeing the little bit of scenes that were with her, especially the fight scenes, I was was sold. I never watched Monster, so I am not familiar with Patty Jenkins' directing style. The only criteria this movie should be judged on (imo) are script, acting and directing. Not subject matter. We shall see how it turns out and can only hope the studio keeps it's mitts off this.

  7. #107
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,626
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    You gotta be complete moron to be sexist about probably the most iconic female characters in the entire comic book history of comic books. But as you say, people will find a way to make up some bullshit reason to derail this. Sorry if I come off too White Knight on this, but WW is a solid character with a rich history.

    Honestly, when I first saw Gal Gadot cast as WW, I was on the fence. After watching BvS and seeing the little bit of scenes that were with her, especially the fight scenes, I was was sold. I never watched Monster, so I am not familiar with Patty Jenkins' directing style. The only criteria this movie should be judged on (imo) are script, acting and directing. Not subject matter. We shall see how it turns out and can only hope the studio keeps it's mitts off this.
    Well, the idea is if this movie fails people will say it's because guys don't like women heroes. That at least makes sense even if it's not the reason for the failure.

  8. #108
    Electric Six groupie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,422
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

    Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Well, the idea is if this movie fails people will say it's because guys don't like women heroes. That at least makes sense even if it's not the reason for the failure.
    That argument worked for Ghostbusters because it was a male-lead movie being remade with a female-lead team. Wonder Woman has been a successful female hero for decades; and guess who her fan base is - comic book readers. It will be fantastic to see the loops and hurdles people will go through to classify any WW hate as strictly misogyny.

  9. #109
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,696
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    You seem to imply logic exists on the internet. It does not.

  10. #110
    Electric Six groupie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,422
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    You seem to imply logic exists on the internet. It does not.
    That is why I can't wait for the shit fest try to manifest.

  11. #111
    Limecat
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,916
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I'd like to see a all female remake of Brokeback Mountain. Come on, Feminism. Get to it

  12. #112

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    I'd like to see a all female remake of Brokeback Mountain. Come on, Feminism. Get to it
    Hell yeah, with Bree Olsen and Felicity Jones as leads

  13. #113
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    12,861
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    You gotta be complete moron to be sexist about probably the most iconic female characters in the entire comic book history of comic books. But as you say, people will find a way to make up some bullshit reason to derail this. Sorry if I come off too White Knight on this, but WW is a solid character with a rich history.

    Honestly, when I first saw Gal Gadot cast as WW, I was on the fence. After watching BvS and seeing the little bit of scenes that were with her, especially the fight scenes, I was was sold. I never watched Monster, so I am not familiar with Patty Jenkins' directing style. The only criteria this movie should be judged on (imo) are script, acting and directing. Not subject matter. We shall see how it turns out and can only hope the studio keeps it's mitts off this.
    So iconic as a feminist that until they retconned it out, the only way for WW to lose her superpowers is if she was bound by a man, and would actually play bondage games with the other women on the island. The creator of WW is/was a kinky motherfucker.

  14. #114
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,280
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    You are not wrong.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Moulton_Marston

    Dominance produces activity in an antagonistic environment
    Inducement produces activity in a favorable environment
    Submission produces passivity in a favorable environment
    Compliance produces passivity in an antagonistic environment.
    From his psychological work, Marston apparently became convinced that women were more honest than men in certain situations and could work faster and more accurately. During his lifetime, Marston championed the latent abilities and causes of the women of the day.
    The guy was definitely into dominance and submission.

    Marston's "Wonder Woman" is an early example of bondage themes that were entering popular culture in the 1930s.[1] Physical submission appears again and again throughout Marston's comics work, with Wonder Woman and her criminal opponents frequently being tied up or otherwise restrained, and her Amazonian friends engaging in frequent wrestling and bondage play.
    But considering modern audience, this shit will be watered down at best. At worst it won't be even broached.

  15. #115
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    12,861
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    I'd love for it to be included though just to watch all the SJW's heads explode in one simultaneous explosion like in the ending of Kingsmen.

  16. #116
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,280
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I'd imagine the most common response would be...


  17. #117
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    29,226
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9


    Spoiler: show

  18. #118
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    29,226
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9


  19. #119
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    29,226
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9


  20. #120
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,280
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Dat theme. Chills. Everytime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wonder Woman not coming soon to NBC after all
    By 6souls in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 2011-07-27, 05:43