+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart of the Swarm     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Heart of the Swarm beta is live. No NDA, so livestreams are up. I haven't watched a lot of pro SC2 lately, but I know Destiny and Drewbie still have their streams and they're playing HotS. SLush was playing with Destiny last night, so he's probably streaming too.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

A unit finally replaces Marines as the go-to mass and a-click unit... of course it goes to Terrans

Warhounds are so broken.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Auto casting is sad <_< how cool would it be to have a pro playing and he fires those fuckers off at different targets like the CPU does now?

Instead EVERYBODY is going to have that look on the battle

Also, totally didn't see tempest get almost 2x faster firing speed. I still predict, although with less certainty, that they'll go unused about as much as the carrier though.

Watching pro players on Hots and their opinions on new stuff is really entertaining lol

LazyShell
    BG Level

My brother has the beta so I got to play it out a bit. As a protoss, heavily heavily disappointed with new units. Only the mothership core is pretty cool, but its obnoxiously slow and frustrating to use for defense as a result. Wish it could be more like the queen.. fast in base, slow outside... or like it used to be with the warp to nexus ability. The rest of the protoss units are all stargate and not particularly interesting either.

It wouldn't bug me so much, except that I know they can do some cool shit because zerg is fucking awesome. Vipers and Swarm Hosts are amazingly fun to use and interesting to see being used. Definitely my favorite race from the beta, everything they got was amazingly awesome.

Haven't played much terran yet, but the mines seem really cool. A bit difficult to use effectively, but that's a good thing imo. Warhounds are about as silly as they seem from streams though, definitely going to be nerfed. I like the idea, giving terran board control and more backbone units since they already have so many harassers, but Warhound is clearly a little too good (especially TvP).

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So how long until some normal people start getting into the beta?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I've been watching a few HOTS streams and Warhounds are fucking retardedly OP currently, you'd only have to micro them if you're up against fung's and storms other than that its just basic attack move, click enemy base, win.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I care more about spectating than playing and I think I'd enjoy them more if you couldn't auto cast their missiles.

What if feedback could be set to smart cast? Would you OH MY GUAWD when MC or someone obliterates a bunch of infestors/ghosts?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Re: Heart of the Swarm

Warhound is out. Carrier has arrived. I'm suddenly not so worried about pvt haha

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I got a beta invite today, if anyone wants to play my handle is Fireal Char Code 647 for beta, Char code something for WoL.. its in my signature. Plat/Diamond zerg.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Blizzard will release a patch for the StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm beta "soon" which will add a new 'Leveling' feature.

Players will be able to test out the new Leveling mechanic - a new progression system which offers rewards to players as they earn XP.

How will it work? Here's Blizzard's explanation:

"In the Heart of the Swarm leveling system, players earn experience while playing Blizzard matchmaking modes and custom games on Blizzard maps. You'll earn XP for the race you're playing with each unit you build or destroy. Experience is awarded at the end of the match, and accumulates as you level up from 1 to a maximum level of 20 for each race.

"Getting into the game and playing as much as possible will earn you XP and rewards. Build up powerful armies, wreak havoc on the map, fight to the bitter end, and you'll be rewarded for your efforts! There will also be ways to earn bonus experience points for a match. We're already working on concepts like 'bonus XP for your first win of the day' and 'extra XP when you play in a party with a Battletag or Real-ID friend'. We're considering 'bonus XP weekends' and other sorts of activities, which will be tested in the beta.

"The Leveling system is how you will earn most portraits and decals in Heart of the Swarm. We're creating a multitude of new images for players to collect and display. Your cumulative (Protoss+Terran+Zerg) level will also be displayed right next to your player portrait, so others will be able to easily see how far you've gone in mastering the races of StarCraft II.

"Each level you earn awards either a decal or a portrait for the race that you're playing. These rewards get more and more epic as you progress in a race. The rewards will be different for each race, so truly dedicated players can push themselves to great heights for each of the three races."
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-add-leveling/
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/768...ing-10_25_2012

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I never get into any betas... qq

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

for real T_T

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show

Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that StarCraft® II: Heart of the Swarm™, the first expansion to Blizzard’s award-winning real-time strategy game StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty®, will be available in stores and online beginning March 12, 2013. Heart of the Swarm features a new campaign continuing the epic story of Sarah Kerrigan, Queen of Blades, as she gathers the remnants of the zerg Swarm and plots her revenge against the treacherous dictator of the Koprulu sector, Arcturus Mengsk. It also introduces several new multiplayer units and features that enhance the acclaimed StarCraft II online experience.

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7/Windows® 8 and Macintosh® at a suggested retail price of $39.99 USD. The expansion will also be available digitally directly from Blizzard’s StarCraft II website (www.StarCraft2.com) at an expected price of $39.99 USD.

Blizzard is offering a Collector's Edition of Heart of the Swarm loaded with digital and physical bonus items, available exclusively at select retail stores for a suggested retail price of $79.99 USD. Players will also have the option of purchasing a Digital Deluxe version of the expansion, which will include all of the digital items from the Collector's Edition. The Digital Deluxe version will be available directly from Blizzard via www.StarCraft2.com at an expected price of $59.99 USD. Players who purchase the standard edition digitally or at retail will have the option to upgrade to the Digital Deluxe version at any time (for as long as the standalone Digital Deluxe version remains available) for an additional $20 USD.

Presales for the standard digital and Digital Deluxe versions of Heart of the Swarm are now available. Players who would like to purchase either version and be ready to play the moment the expansion launches can do so now by visiting www.StarCraft2.com. For players who prepurchase, the expansion content will automatically be digitally delivered via StarCraft II’s streaming launcher prior to the release of Heart of the Swarm. Players who would like to preorder the standard box or the retail-exclusive Collector’s Edition can do so by visiting their local retailer.

“With Heart of the Swarm, our goal has been to expand on the multiplayer action and cinematic storytelling of Wings of Liberty,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “Combined with features like unranked matchmaking and our new leveling system, this expansion elevates the StarCraft II experience for players of all skill levels.”

The Digital Deluxe version of Heart of the Swarm includes a full digital copy of the expansion along with the following in-game bonus items:

• StarCraft II Torrasque: Crush the enemies of the Swarm with the indomitable Torrasque, a fearsome new look for your zerg Ultralisks.
    • StarCraft II Battle.net Portraits and Decals: New Swarm-infested Battle.net portraits and decals help you customize the look of your online profile and in-game army.
    • World of Warcraft In-Game Pet: The Baneling companion pet is bursting with enthusiasm and ready to explode onto the Pet Battles scene.
    • Diablo III Blade Wings and Banner Sigil: Grow zerg-like wings in honor of the Queen of Blades, and unfurl an exclusive banner sigil to mark your allegiance to the Swarm in Sanctuary.

The Collector’s Edition of Heart of the Swarm includes the full version of the game on DVD-ROM and contains the following exclusive bonus items, in addition to the content from the Digital Deluxe version:

• Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-ray: Immerse yourself in the StarCraft universe with developer commentary, interviews with voice actors, and an in-depth historical retrospective on StarCraft’s eSports legacy narrated by key members of the community.
    • Collector’s Edition Soundtrack CD: Enhance your Heart of the Swarm musical experience with this collection of more than a dozen tracks from the game.
    • Heart of the Swarm Hardcover Art Book: This 144-page tome features never-before-seen art from the expansion, including early concept sketches and meticulous 3D renderings.
    • Zerg Rush Mousepad: This Collector’s Edition mousepad depicts the Terran Dominion holding out desperately under the onslaught of the Swarm.

Heart of the Swarm picks up the story of StarCraft II where Wings of Liberty left off, focusing on Kerrigan's quest to reunite the Swarm and exact revenge on Arcturus Mengsk. Over the course of 20 campaign missions, players will follow Kerrigan as she sweeps across the galaxy, incorporating a variety of distinctive zerg species into her brood. Kerrigan will grow in strength from mission to mission, and players will be able to customize her with powerful new abilities, as well as evolve various zerg strains into fearsome new subspecies to suit their play style.

New weapons of war also debut in Heart of the Swarm's multiplayer, including new units such as Terran Hellbats, Zerg Swarm Hosts, and Protoss Tempests, while certain existing units from Wings of Liberty will be updated with new capabilities. New features will enhance the game experience, including group and clan systems; unranked matchmaking; Global Play, enabling players to battle others in different regions around the world; additional stat tracking; user interface improvements; an enhanced physics system, for more visceral looking battles; multiplayer replays, to watch replays with friends; a leveling system that gives Heart of the Swarm players a new way to earn customization options for their online profiles; and much more.

Heart of the Swarm has received a Teen rating from the ESRB. In addition to the English version, Heart of the Swarm will be fully localized into Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, European Spanish, Russian, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Italian, and Polish. Availability of Heart of the Swarm in mainland China will be announced at a later date.
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=7849184

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

$40 expansion q_q

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'll take it, game needs fresh theorycrafting.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Re: Heart of the Swarm

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    I'll take it, game needs fresh theorycrafting.
    Fuck it, this. Any one watch any casts lately? Its like every one of worth is in this lame duck session where they don't give a fuck about wol cause its boring and missing important new units, but then no one is bothering with hots beta cause the updates are just all over the place changing the game way too often. First they remove an entire unit, then they act like they have no idea wtf they want from other units like spider mine and mother ship core.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

WoW Pet Baneling.

Special Ability is Baneling Bust. I'm sold on the pokemans alone.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Only 20 missions? :\ Doesn't WoL have 28? This was the part of the series that I was most excited for in terms of story and they shaft me with fewer missions? Not cool man, not cool.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Blizzard confirmed a long time ago every expansion in the future would be shorter, and shorter. You can blame the players for that. They see it as a waste of resources to focus on the campaign when 90% of pro accounts haven't even did the first mission.