Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 510
  1. #381
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,441
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    I confirmed tonight with my group that the new Odin's Chamber requirements only apply to the person entering. No one else needs any feathers (or titles, or anything). If you read exactly what they said from the update:
    Trade a Smouldering Lamp to the Entry Gate while in possession of the valkyrie feather key items from each of the three Wings.
    Smouldering Lamp is the one you buy from the NPC. It is only talking about the leader's entry conditions. People trading Glowing Lamps apparently have no restrictions at all, though they failed to mention it. Maybe it's intended, iwanttobelieve, etc. We're obviously doing Odin every run from here on out. If you have two mules, you have the 6k ampuoles it costs you to enter.

  2. #382
    Flowery Twats
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,583
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    Body is imo best TP body for DRG with 492 polearm.
    How? You need AF3+2 body to 5hit a 492 delay lance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kujah2010 View Post
    I think the following set is ideal for DRG TP with Herya's -
    Herya's/Pole Grip/ /Thew
    Phorcys/Ganesha/Brutal/Ghillie+1
    AF3+2/Brego/Rajas/Tyrants
    Athelling/Goading/Phorcys/AF3+2
    Herya's/Rose/Hagneia
    Phorcy/Ganesha/Ghillie+1/Brutal
    AF3+2/AF3+2 or Phorcy/Tyrant's/Rajas
    Rancorous/Phos+1/Phorcy/AF3+2
    Should be better.

  3. #383
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    152
    BG Level
    3

    If you read my edit Noodles you can 5hit the 492 heryas as /war using Murzim body and no phos +1, which is mega rare + expensive for the time being.

    Also the set you have posted is a 5hit only as /sam, 19.0tp return per hit only as /war, i believe the 2nd set I posted to be superior -

    Herya's/Rose Strap/ /Hagneia
    Phorcys/Ganeshas/Brutal/Ghillie +1
    Murzim/Ogier/Rajas/Tyrants
    Athelling/Goading/Phorcys/AF3+2

    20.4tp/hit /war

  4. #384
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,183
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    How? You need AF3+2 body to 5hit a 492 delay lance.


    Herya's/Rose/Hagneia
    Phorcy/Ganesha/Ghillie+1/Brutal
    AF3+2/AF3+2 or Phorcy/Tyrant's/Rajas
    Rancorous/Phos+1/Phorcy/AF3+2
    Should be better.

    Herya's/Rose/Hagneia
    Phorcy/Ganesha/Ghillie+1/Brutal
    Enif/AF3+2/Tyrant's/Rajas
    Rancorous/Goading/Phorcy/AF3+2

    With this you need 3/4 stardiver and rajas durin ws.

  5. #385
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,183
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Kujah2010 View Post
    If you read my edit Noodles you can 5hit the 492 heryas as /war using Murzim body and no phos +1, which is mega rare + expensive for the time being.

    Also the set you have posted is a 5hit only as /sam, 19.0tp return per hit only as /war, i believe the 2nd set I posted to be superior -

    Herya's/Rose Strap/ /Hagneia
    Phorcys/Ganeshas/Brutal/Ghillie +1
    Murzim/Ogier/Rajas/Tyrants
    Athelling/Goading/Phorcys/AF3+2

    20.4tp/hit /war
    Yes 20.4 in tp phase but you lose 15sTP also for WS and Assuming Rajas, Herya, rose, brutal thats only 18.2TP with 4/4 Stardiver. Thats not even 5 hit yet.
    Also when would you want to be on /war and need 5hit anyway?

  6. #386
    Flowery Twats
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,583
    BG Level
    7

    He would need 16STP and always land 4/4 hit Star/Drakes. 24STP if more sensibly built around 3/4 hits.
    Also you couldn't remove any of that STP for soul jump, and would also have to leave most of it on for spirit jump.


    Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    Herya's/Rose/Hagneia
    Phorcy/Ganesha/Ghillie+1/Brutal
    Enif/AF3+2/Tyrant's/Rajas
    Rancorous/Goading/Phorcy/AF3+2

    With this you need 3/4 stardiver and rajas durin ws.
    Hmm yeah not a bad idea. Against my set above (using bullwhip) you gain ~.6% Haste and 2% QA in exchange for 14Str and 24~5 Attack. I'm not 100% which would be better with OAT lance (same STP requirements as Herya's), it would have to be close.
    What do you think about using Phorcys in that set over AF3+2 hands? Trades 2DA for 4Str & 18Attack. Again prolly dependant on using OAT or Herya's.

  7. #387
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,183
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    He would need 16STP and always land 4/4 hit Star/Drakes. 24STP if more sensibly built around 3/4 hits.
    Also you couldn't remove any of that STP for soul jump, and would also have to leave most of it on for spirit jump.



    Hmm yeah not a bad idea. Against my set above (using bullwhip) you gain ~.6% Haste and 2% QA in exchange for 14Str and 24~5 Attack. I'm not 100% which would be better with OAT lance (same STP requirements as Herya's), it would have to be close.
    What do you think about using Phorcys in that set over AF3+2 hands? Trades 2DA for 4Str & 18Attack. Again prolly dependant on using OAT or Herya's.
    I believe Enif set will work much better with Herya than OAT. QA from Enif will be reduced by 40% from OAT. Actually I wonder if Genesha mala is best choice for OAT.

    There is also modyfication for this set that puts you on true 5 hit (change hands to ogier's and grip to pole/duplus).

    I would for sure use Phorcys hands with OAT but Im not sure about set for Herya.

  8. #388
    Flowery Twats
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,583
    BG Level
    7

    I don't think it's as important to make it a true 5hit. It should be rare you get 1/4 or 2/4 stardiver and for those times you can spirit link for the extra TP. For one-hit proc WSs in VW etc you can just swap in Ogier's hands during WS as most of their dmg is pretty crap anyway.

    I think Mala was still best neck for OAT. There aren't loads of options for neck: Ganeshas, Nefarious or Rancor (with Atheling) mainly.

    Well at least I have homam body sitting on moogle, tho will probably suck to get HQ body part. And lance. Lance will also suck.

  9. #389
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    In case anyone cares, it's any two Apollyon AF+1 materials to upgrade Arch-Omega part to Murzim (not just the specific jobs on Murzim). Guy in my LS got it with SCH material and something else yesterday. Likewise, I'm sure it's any two Temenos AF+1 materials to upgrade Arch-Ultima stuff to Shedir.

  10. #390
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    worrying about store TP...#twohanderproblems

  11. #391
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    183
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    I believe Enif set will work much better with Herya than OAT. QA from Enif will be reduced by 40% from OAT. Actually I wonder if Genesha mala is best choice for OAT.
    This is not the first time I have seen you say things like QA is reduced by OAT. I thought I already corrected you somewhere else, but perhaps you never read my post there. QA reduces the effectiveness of OAT. Check order goes QA>TA>DA>OAX. So with just using 4% QA and 40%OAT for example you get:

    Your way: Example= 1.472 attacks per round
    Your Enif Set /SAM=1.524
    Enif Set /WAR=1.581

    QA is always worth it, whether you are using OAT or not
    Correct way: Example=1.504 attacks per round
    Enif Set /SAM= 1.556
    Enif Set /WAR= 1.613

  12. #392
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    worrying about store TP...#twohanderproblems
    This is why I miss dual wielding on WAR.

  13. #393
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,271
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I confirmed tonight with my group that the new Odin's Chamber requirements only apply to the person entering. No one else needs any feathers (or titles, or anything). If you read exactly what they said from the update:


    Smouldering Lamp is the one you buy from the NPC. It is only talking about the leader's entry conditions. People trading Glowing Lamps apparently have no restrictions at all, though they failed to mention it. Maybe it's intended, iwanttobelieve, etc. We're obviously doing Odin every run from here on out. If you have two mules, you have the 6k ampuoles it costs you to enter.
    Can confirm this too; really nice to know. Got Odin v2 to 18% with 15 including mules, probably could've won, but had a few errors that cost us some deaths and a double weakened RNG. Geirrothr being spammed is pretty painful with lower numbers though so I doubt you can go much lower and even with 15 (including mules although there would be a lot more room for error if our 6 mules were real people ); you have to fight damn near perfect to win.

  14. #394
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    148
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

    Is it confirmed that to enter Odin v1 only one person needs the 1 feather from each wing to enter vs all 9?

  15. #395
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,441
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    Yeah, that's what I confirmed. Diomer confirmed it for Tier 2 as well. It seems only the entering person needs to meet any of the requirements for the whole party to enter.

  16. #396
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,210
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    What about the rest of the alliance? Did an Old Odin run the other day, only had feathers from two wings, so I purchased a third feather so I'd have one from each wing to be able to enter after the event leader made the reservation.

    Did I waste ampoules by doing so? Could I have entered with the rest of them without buying a third feather?

  17. #397
    Radsourceful

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,964
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    What about the rest of the alliance? Did an Old Odin run the other day, only had feathers from two wings, so I purchased a third feather so I'd have one from each wing to be able to enter after the event leader made the reservation.

    Did I waste ampoules by doing so? Could I have entered with the rest of them without buying a third feather?
    Yes, sadly, wasted ichor. Had 1 character with feathers and full ally+spares without who all got in fine tonight.

  18. #398
    xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,709
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by diasetsu View Post
    This is not the first time I have seen you say things like QA is reduced by OAT. I thought I already corrected you somewhere else, but perhaps you never read my post there. QA reduces the effectiveness of OAT. Check order goes QA>TA>DA>OAX. So with just using 4% QA and 40%OAT for example you get:
    I think most if not all of us are aware of that, which would lead to the supposition that he's phrasing it that way because OAT is the pre-existing stat in this comparison while the use of QA is the stat in question. I tend to phrase it similarly when talking about adding sources of mutiattack on top of existing multiattack gear/traits.

  19. #399
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    183
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I would assume most people do understand the hierarchy of multi-attacks, but I am pretty sure Atoreis is confused. If QA being reduced by 40% was just a poor phrasing it would be one thing, but I don't believe that's what it is.


    Quote Originally Posted by Atories
    Thats because you can equip a lot QA/DA with DRG now and all that DA and QA is very limited by OAT. If you equip lets say 5%QA and 20%DA with OAT you can only proc that QA and DA when OAT wont proc. That means OAT actually reducing your hit rate when it proc in the same round as QA and also doesnt give additional hit rate when it proc during the same round as DA.

    Showing this very simply its:
    5%QA 15 more swings during 100 rounds
    20%DA 19 more swings during 100 rounds (because it can proc on 95 hits that QA wont)
    34 more swings

    For OAT it looks like:
    5%QA 9 more swings during 100 rounds
    20%DA 11 more swings during 100 rounds
    OAT 40 more swings during 100 rounds

    When OAT is obviously more its not 40+34 but 40+20.

    Now add 2%QA and 10%DA

    normal weapon
    7%QA 21 extra swings
    30%DA 28 extra swings

    OAT:
    7%QA 12.5 extra swings
    30%DA 16.5 extra swings
    OAT 40 extra swings
    That's what was posted a few days ago on ffxiah by him. Looks more like confusion then poor phrasing.

  20. #400
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,746
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Can confirm this too; really nice to know. Got Odin v2 to 18% with 15 including mules, probably could've won, but had a few errors that cost us some deaths and a double weakened RNG. Geirrothr being spammed is pretty painful with lower numbers though so I doubt you can go much lower and even with 15 (including mules although there would be a lot more room for error if our 6 mules were real people ); you have to fight damn near perfect to win.
    Setup/Strategy? We only got to 47% before timeout, DDs were getting one shotted on the pets because the RNGs stayed on Odin to keep dealing damage while the melees handled them, I guess they should engage the pets so they die faster? Our relic/empyrean DDs with embrava weren't doing much to Odin, with buffs wearing and Odin's jesus defense, melees were hitting him for poop damage(like 400-600 weapon skills), only RNGs were breaking 1k.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 6/13/12 Update - .DAT Mining Findings
    By Cairthenn in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2012-06-14, 02:34
  2. DAT Mining DISCUSSION -- Feb 12, 2012
    By Septimus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 2012-02-15, 02:16
  3. DAT Mining Discussion (2010-12-06)
    By Xanthe in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 412
    Last Post: 2010-12-09, 13:18
  4. Replies: 85
    Last Post: 2009-04-09, 14:55
  5. Replies: 355
    Last Post: 2009-04-08, 17:54
  6. ***December Version Update: .DAT Mining Discussion***
    By Pergo in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 341
    Last Post: 2009-01-05, 15:55
  7. ***December Version Update: .DAT Mining Results***
    By Pergo in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2008-12-09, 02:32