Hi
LHJMQ i guess
Hi
LHJMQ i guess
Just to translate that for you, it's
Les Habs, Je M'appelle Quagmire.
But yeah, I'm thinking CHL hockey is gonna be it for me if the NHL doesn't happen. (WHL, OHL, QMJHL)
Ciao NHL.
I knew it the instant NBA and NFL both took almost exact 50/50 splits.
So players HAVE to take a % cut across the board or no season. There's some crazy fucking people out there, Gary Bettman does know hate can get him more than boos right? Hes gonna get straight up sucker punched walking downtown NYC one of these days."The response that was made to us was that if the players are not prepared to make an automatic reset on their aggregate salary levels -- that is to say, as we understand it, a meaningful, absolute reduction in dollar terms for next year as compared to last year -- that they see no point in discussing or responding to the proposals we put forward at the meeting today," Fehr said.
Why doesnt Gary Bettman stop being a bitch and tell the owners "if you're upset they're making so much money, why the fuck did you offer them contracts worth so much money"
Is this shit 100% official now?
Not yet but it's starting to look that way Isla.
Fuck me.
The real negotiations have always been going to happen on September 14h and October 10th. These types of things never break down and get done until hours before deadlines. I'd say October 10th is more likely considering that's when the first paychecks go out, and that's what really matters. Sept 15th really means nothing to anyone; the players don't get paid for pre-season and I imagine the owners make very little revenue off of it.
That being said, if Fehr and the NHLPA are serious about not taking salary cuts, and the NHL is serious about not increasing revenue sharing, this could be in for the long haul.
Well, 3 offers to fuck someone on the same page, and dearest me, I must decline all of them
Going to try to get the ESPN H2H Points league set up this week. Here's a list of those who said they were interested at some point in another.
If I don't have a team listed for you, I need you to PM me your email so I can invite you. If you were in the league last year and not listed, I just forgot your team name, so remind me.Izzy - Invited
Thorn - Invited
BadKarma - Team name TBD (I have your email)
Palin - Palin's Metalgods
Ishido - Yellowknife Potato Bears
Ivaden - Fail for Nail
Jorn - Team Ramrod
Anton
Judai - Erskine Smash
Vagus
Kashka - Sarsaparilla Sassafras
Mote - the Aeros don't count
Rakshaka - invited
Cali - Invited
Zubruis
If your name's not on the list and you're interested, speak up to and PM me your email if you weren't in last year.
Once we get everyone invited, we can start discussing changes and tweaks to the points value, whether we want to use keepers, etc.
PM'd you my e-mail.
We still have two full weeks. The upside is they've started meeting pretty much 5 days a week instead of 2 days every two weeks. I'm still holding out hope, but in all honesty if the another lockout happens, I sincerely hope that the fans revolt hard, hold on to their money, and maul the living fuck out of the owners financially for this. Handing out absurd contracts like candy, then coming back and saying WE CAN'T AFFORD ALL OF THESE CONTRACTS, this is stupid. If you don't have $100 million, don't offer someone $100 million.