1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 3 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 6 hours, 34 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Letter from the Producer, XXX (06/21/2012)

Hello again, all you FFXIVers out there! Yoshi-P here, with my thirtieth Letter from the Producer.

We’re back from showcasing version 2.0 at E3! Gaming sites around the world have put up their FFXIV articles...and after answering questions for twenty-four or so interviews during the exhibition, my throat sure is sore…

As I mentioned in the interviews, 2.0 will be prioritizing the development schedule. This means we’ll be focusing on getting to alpha and beta testing as soon as possible. There’s still some work to be done tweaking the graphics, but otherwise it’s all about optimization.

As for the in-game footage, we’ll be bringing you the CG trailer and various other tidbits sometime around midsummer!

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../e2/5043_0.jpg
    (Well...okay. Here’s a sneak peek of the CG!)

We released some in-game screenshots at E3, but the graphics are still undergoing adjustments—expect to see higher quality at release. We’re working on dusk/night lighting and post processing as we speak. The key to getting the best graphic quality out of current gen machines is by tweaking the lighting and shaders, post processing, etc., and (while keeping a close eye on optimization) we’ll be pushing the envelope as far as it will go! (They won’t be ready for a little while yet, but we’re also working on getting out some screenshots for the PS3!)

Here’s a random moment from my adventures at E3:

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../e2/5043_1.jpg

“Don’t look back, always look ahead.” I got this fortune during a lunch meeting we had after E3. The phrase was so perfect for me—I really got a kick out of it.

Alrighty, time for some news on the current version of FFXIV. Here’s a list of the updates we have scheduled for patch 1.23 and beyond.

The reason this list has fewer entries than usual is because we’re finally approaching the big Seventh Umbral Era finale. I’ve also cut out any spoilerrific details, which shortens the list even more.

As far as updates to the current version of FFXIV go, this 1.23 series of patches will be the last. There are no more large-scale additions or adjustments planned, and all of your feedback will be applied to 2.0—along with the combined efforts of the entire dev team. We thank you for your continued support and understanding!

Information regarding the suspension of subscription procedures will be posted on The Lodestone, as well as sent to you via e-mail.

There have also been rumors making the rounds concerning the “wandering minstrel” and his imminent departure from Eorzea. We don’t know if he’ll simply disappear into the void, or set off for some other distant shore... In any case, the quest to obtain a goobbue mount will only be available until patch 1.23a hits, so be sure to grab yourself a goobbue before then! This news will be mentioned again in an upcoming Topics article.

With regards to the update schedule, patch 1.23 itself is slated for release at the end of July, with the lettered patches (1.23a, 1.23b, etc.) to follow.

From here on out, you’ll be seeing a lot more 2.0 info in my letters. Both teaser and promo sites are also due to go live very soon, so please look forward to a constant barrage of updates!

Lastly, here’s another excerpt from my E3 trip: The day after E3 ended, I had the opportunity to visit one of my most admired game studios—Blizzard Entertainment! I was able to speak with the World of Warcraft, DIABLO III, and cinematic teams about CGI techniques, and game development and operation in general. The Blizzard guys were extremely friendly and open, and I’d like to take this chance to thank them for a very valuable exchange! I hope to visit them again with tales of how well version 2.0 turned out.

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../e2/5043_2.jpg
    (I also got this super rare souvenir! I just wish I had time to play the game... /cry)

E3 taught me a lot of things, not the least of which was the scale of the industry and the high level of competition we face. Now more than ever, we’ll be throwing ourselves heart and soul into making version 2.0 the best that it can be.

See you in the next letter, on the forums…or maybe even at Japan Expo!

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

....Alright, I believe in Yoshi-P now.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Pretty interesting, though still not sold on coming back. On the plus side from how it sounds 2.0 info is just around the corner.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So about a month until everything starts to go nuts. Looks like fun.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiP View Post
    The reason this list has fewer entries than usual is because we’re finally approaching the big Seventh Umbral Era finale. I’ve also cut out any spoilerrific details, which shortens the list even more.
    Oooooh

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So either the Legatus battle is getting the Primal treatment or we have a new surprise Primal battle here.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If the imperials were to summon a Primal, who would it be? Ramuh, possibly Mateus?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    So about a month until everything starts to go nuts. Looks like fun.
    exactly how i would have put it. i've stayed with ff14 since the beginning, but i only have 1 level 50 (almost 2, i don't really play it that much) - and regardless of how crappy the launch may have been... watching it evolve has been really entertaining to me. i'm pretty excited to see how the current version ends and 2.0 begins, beta/ps3 version/etc included. yeah, it's a paid beta test, but i'm enjoying it.

So either the Legatus battle is getting the Primal treatment or we have a new surprise Primal battle here.
    Stumbled on a topic in the OF where someone was pointing out the visual similiarities between the white Legatus and the Ultima Weapon concept art they recently showed.
    Plus, it seems that during the final events of "United We Stand", said Legatus does - spoilerish things -, so we may be in for a surprise.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i can't wait. i might have nobody to play with at all but who cares.

also kinda funny about him mentioning d3 since, atm, i'm so intensely disillusioned with that game that it's pretty good timing for switching games.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    If the imperials were to summon a Primal, who would it be? Ramuh, possibly Mateus?
    Shiva please!

<_<

>_>

What?!

Stumbled on a topic in the OF where someone was pointing out the visual similiarities between the white Legatus and the Ultima Weapon concept art they recently showed.
    Plus, it seems that during the final events of "United We Stand", said Legatus does - spoilerish things -, so we may be in for a surprise.
    Honestly, Ultima looks more like the Black Wolf to me. o.O But yes, the Legatus does... spoilerish things, very much so.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ultima Weapon is concept art for the new version though. I can see him
    Spoiler: show
    giving his body to a Primal and then turning into Ultima as a side effect after you kick said Primal's butt.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

This is awesome, I am also following FFXIV development since day 1 although I dont even have a character past level 10. visiting blizzard says alot about his character and the way he thinks, I cant wait for 2.0 !

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah, Donnie, it is really interesting to see him actually talk about visiting Blizzard.

Could you imagine that phone call? LOL

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Yeah, Donnie, it is really interesting to see him actually talk about visiting Blizzard.

Could you imagine that phone call? LOL
    I'd say just the act of wanting to meet other developers and get excited about playing other people's game is truly refreshing, especially coming from a Japanese dev, the only one that I have seen that actively talks about playing/loving other games developed by western houses is Kojima XD. It shows he has respect for the industry and that at heart he is a gamer himself rather then just an artist for the medium.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    Odin? The bottom-right of that screenshot could easily be a horse's head.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Odin? The bottom-right of that screenshot could easily be a horse's head.
    That's what I thought as soon as I saw it.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Well, I've been avoiding spoilers but I just think that Mateus would be a really good fit, lore-wise. Plus he's from FF2, the one with the overly complicated battle system that hates the player, totally a perfect match. Acting under the assumption that it will be of an unused elemental affiliation, I don't see it being Odin for that reason. Either way, I'm having fun speculating.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm just surprised that an open-world, roaming "HNM" primal like Odin is going to be important enough to be featured in the opening cinematics. His aesthetic is very Garlean nonetheless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast