1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 8 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 1 hours, 12 minutes
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 78 of 78
  1. #61
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I soloed all aetherytes, on DRG at that. More than half were done in the last two weeks. Strategy is simple, but does involve a lot of patience.
    - Equip Weathered Spear and unequip every other slot. Death is near-inevitable.
    - Set your home point efficiently. If you're going to die, it's best to minimize the distance you need to recover.
    - Know your aggro. It's important to know what is aggressive to sight, sound, and what is true aggro.
    Spoiler: show
    My observations:
    Sight:
    - Raptor
    - Ahriman
    - Bomb
    - Toad
    - Stag
    - Basilisk
    - Vulture
    Sound:
    - Salamander
    - Treant
    - Bat
    - Crab
    - Aurelia
    - Drake
    - Landtrap
    - Antling
    - Diremite
    - Goobbue
    True:
    - Boar
    - Gnat
    - Morbol
    - Wolf
    Not sure:
    - Hippogryph

    Anything not listed either is not aggressive, I did not encounter it while hunting aetherytes, or I've forgotten about it.

    - Don't be overly reliant on your Chocobo. For the majority of locations you will be able to walk ('X') by the sound aggro and behind the sight aggro with some patience waiting on the right positioning. I found this to be a better approach than training as some aggro will used ranged attacks, you may not be able to lose aggro effectively, or a mad dash will lead you straight into more aggro making the situation worse. When aggro isn't a concern feel free to ride.
    - For those times that you have true aggro mixed in, take advantage of any defensive abilities at your disposal that absorb damage. As DRG I had Featherfoot and Decoy equipped in addition to Dreadspike. I would pop those abilities, jump on my chocobo, and ride on through until I can either lose aggro or reach the aetheryte. Your chocobo is FAST and will outrun aggro if you can stave off any initial attacks from aggro.
    - Consider each possible route. Sometimes you'll be able to approach an aetheryte via multiple paths. If one proves to be too difficult, try another and see if monster positioning is more favorable.
    - Don't waste anima traveling between camps, except from one region to another. Naturally this is subjective as you may be able to quickly replenish anima via Hemlet Defense. I don't have that option right now so I went by chocoback instead.


    Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    i'm stuck trying to get to Scorpion keep all the hall ways leading to it are filled with bombs
    You should be able to train the bombs on chocoback without issue. They do not range attack that I found, and the area beyond them at the aetheryte is free of aggro. Dismount on top of the aetheryte and be ready to click the interaction shortcut when you're off.

  2. #62
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Almost certain Hippos are sight and Goobbues are sound for your list. I'm only 75% certain though.

  3. #63
    But I don't want my title changed
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,486
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Goobbue are undoubtedly sound.

  4. #64
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,297
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    nice, thanks Xanthe

  5. #65
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Bombs are incredibly blind so you shouldn't have many issues getting past them.
    I'll try again tomorrow and clear Gridania but there's also one Aetherite I'm missing in Limsa that I don't know how to reach honestly... can't even remember the name right now.
    Anyway Yoshi-P will release a list of all missables alongside 1.23 or close to that.

  6. #66
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Bombs are incredibly blind so you shouldn't have many issues getting past them.
    I'll try again tomorrow and clear Gridania but there's also one Aetherite I'm missing in Limsa that I don't know how to reach honestly... can't even remember the name right now.
    Anyway Yoshi-P will release a list of all missables alongside 1.23 or close to that.
    The hardest one for me in Limsa was Oakwood, connected to Camp Iron Lakes. It had Lv40~ raptors outside the tunnels and 4x Lv76~ aihriman clustered in each tunnel. I got incredibly lucky on my second attempt and was able to run through on chocoback.

  7. #67
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,822
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    i dont play so just wondering from what i read, chocobos dont prevent aggro?

  8. #68
    But I don't want my title changed
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,486
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    i dont play so just wondering from what i read, chocobos dont prevent aggro?
    Nope

  9. #69
    Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,714
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Cant you just be teleported to each Aetheryte by someone that has them all? Or does that only apply to some?

  10. #70
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    That should work, yeah.

  11. #71
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Shouldn't work for gates you don't have though, no?

  12. #72
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Well yeah, you can only be teleported to main Aetherytes. Still have to get gates yourself, true.

  13. #73
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,945
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    You can be teleported to camps you do not have.

  14. #74
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Well yeah, you can only be teleported to main Aetherytes. Still have to get gates yourself, true.
    In my experience the Aetherial Gates are the harder ones to reach anyway =P

  15. #75
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Indeed ^^;

  16. #76
    Bard-turned-Miner
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,648
    BG Level
    7

    On the subject of gates, I didn't realize the achievements menu now shows which you have and which you haven't. I have no idea when they put that in as I haven't looked at that in many months. (Same for the NM kill achievements, too.)

  17. #77
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I think it was the patch following the one that introduced achievements?

  18. #78
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Yeah, all of the achievements now show precise progress towards completion. It's an amazingly well fleshed out system, I have to say. I don't like having to go back to the NPC for titles, but eh.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Similar Threads

  1. Letter from the Producer, XXIX (06/04/2012)
    By Marihoki in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 2012-06-06, 11:30
  2. Letter from the Producer, XXVIII (05/28/2012)
    By Toth in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 2012-06-02, 19:12
  3. Letter from the Producer, XXVII (04/20/2012)
    By Gokulo in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 2012-04-24, 23:18
  4. Letter from the Producer, XXVI (03/26/2012)
    By Stanislaw in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 2012-03-27, 10:34
  5. Letter from the Producer, XXV (03/01/2012)
    By solracht in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 2012-03-02, 16:48
  6. Letter from the Producer, XXII (12/21/2011)
    By Kaiyoko in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 2011-12-28, 23:46
  7. Letter from the Producer, XVIII (09/21/2011)
    By Waraji in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 2011-09-26, 11:32
  8. Letter from the Producer, I (1/21/2010)
    By Hyan in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 323
    Last Post: 2011-01-29, 16:49