Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 550

Thread: The Newsroom, Season 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #441
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    I'm optimistic for season 3 (has it been picked up for a 3rd season?) Obviously, they would have to spend some time on the Genoa law suit, but I think that could be wrapped up with minimal airtime devoted to it. I actually thought Will's proposal was pretty good in the finale. Seeing him shaky and nervous was good. Of course, I would vote for Don and Sloan for Presidents of Television. Well, back to not having any US shows to follow until GoT comes back around again.

  2. #442
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,131
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    Seemed like a series finale rather than just a season. Everything got wrapped up very nicely with a bow on top (except Jerry's law suits). And yes Don is a fucking boss.

    The whole season just seemed like Sorkin was too focused on Genoa. Hoping for more realistic conflicts and more guest spots like Terry Crews and David Krumholtz next season.
    That was my biggest peeve with this season, how the "cliffhanger" plotlines from last season (death threats/Neil's story) were completely passed over. Like two weeks pass between seasons and suddenly Will's not getting death threats serious enough he needed a bodyguard anymore, after getting hundreds.

  3. #443
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Jeff Daniels tweeted S3 is in the works and Thomas Sadoski (Don) confirmed he's heard from HBO it's happening. No official announcement from HBO yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    Well, back to not having any US shows to follow until GoT comes back around again.
    Pretty much, I've got The League and whenever House of Cards comes back but that's about it.

  4. #444
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    There is 100% season 3, it just hasn't been announced yet becuse there is a scheduling conflict w/Sorkin. I wouldn't be surprised if this leads to it skipping a year

  5. #445
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,514
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    What the fuck was that

  6. #446
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    I'm optimistic for season 3 (has it been picked up for a 3rd season?) Obviously, they would have to spend some time on the Genoa law suit, but I think that could be wrapped up with minimal airtime devoted to it. I actually thought Will's proposal was pretty good in the finale. Seeing him shaky and nervous was good. Of course, I would vote for Don and Sloan for Presidents of Television. Well, back to not having any US shows to follow until GoT comes back around again.
    Actually thinking law suit depends on how long he jumps between seasons. I won't be surprised at all if it's something where the results are mentioned in passing and that's about it.


    Overall I would say the season was decent. It was definitely crap compared to s1, but that's just cuz the bar was so high. At current quality I'll definitely still watch and enjoy it as long as it runs.

    As to next season, I dunno about the remnants of the love polygons. Don and Sloan drama will suck, although I'm sure they'll have some quality wit slinging fights. And then one of them will say too much (about maggie/jim or some shit) and blah blah blah, the cycle continues.

  7. #447
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,909
    BG Level
    6

    I enjoyed the season. I think overall this season killed the hype but the show survived, which will lead to better future seasons IMO.

    I'm kinda hoping S3 starts with wrapping up the court case and then essentially Will going on air to explain the whole story to the public, would need a court ruling to potentially get away with that (even if it's possible lol). I was kinda expecting Sloan to scream something (about Jerry doctoring the tapes or something) out during one of her attempts at getting some words in through the night, honestly.

    I'm pretty unhappy with how they totally glossed over OWS all season, the recurring violence and abuse of police blah blah blah (as they showed with Neil in episode 2 I think) could have easily been a bigger part of the season. It would also be a way for Will to show as a "true Republican" and wanting to get back to having freedom and not a police state, etc.

  8. #448
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,514
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    You're all crazy. That season was ass through-and-through and that ending made NO sense at all.

    edit: also the scene with Charlie talking about American elections was one of the most obnoxious, self-masturbatory scenes I've seen.

  9. #449
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,832
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Idk what show you watched. The season I saw was decent even though it didn't match up to the first one. Enjoyable nonetheless.

  10. #450
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    I enjoyed the season. I think overall this season killed the hype but the show survived, which will lead to better future seasons IMO.

    I'm kinda hoping S3 starts with wrapping up the court case and then essentially Will going on air to explain the whole story to the public, would need a court ruling to potentially get away with that (even if it's possible lol). I was kinda expecting Sloan to scream something (about Jerry doctoring the tapes or something) out during one of her attempts at getting some words in through the night, honestly.

    I'm pretty unhappy with how they totally glossed over OWS all season, the recurring violence and abuse of police blah blah blah (as they showed with Neil in episode 2 I think) could have easily been a bigger part of the season. It would also be a way for Will to show as a "true Republican" and wanting to get back to having freedom and not a police state, etc.
    I think they handled OWS pretty well.

    It kind of depends on how you view its effect on the election.

    If you don't think OWS changed the election, then in the end it amounts to like a year of people sitting around complaining accomplishing absolutely nothing.

    If you think it did affect the election, then in the end it amounts to a bunch of people sitting around complaining and getting essentially a lame duck second term for Obama (at least thus far).

    If it's the first, then he covered it about perfectly. If it's the second, it's something Sorkin doesn't want to point out.

    I'm interested to see how he handles said second term, it's leaving a pretty barren political news landscape outside the occasional national tragedy.

  11. #451
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,909
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    I think they handled OWS pretty well.

    It kind of depends on how you view its effect on the election.

    If you don't think OWS changed the election, then in the end it amounts to like a year of people sitting around complaining accomplishing absolutely nothing.

    If you think it did affect the election, then in the end it amounts to a bunch of people sitting around complaining and getting essentially a lame duck second term for Obama (at least thus far).

    If it's the first, then he covered it about perfectly. If it's the second, it's something Sorkin doesn't want to point out.

    I'm interested to see how he handles said second term, it's leaving a pretty barren political news landscape outside the occasional national tragedy.
    Oh I understand why he did it. I guess part of me hoped they could have put some "validity" behind the OWS movement through the show, but probably best they didn't attempt that. I view OWS as some of the ONLY political action coming out from "our" generation (the 20-30 year old one atm) and I think it's an important voice that should be heard, but maybe I'm simply being selfish here. In a way they kind of did try to explain to OWS how they fucked up, and hopefully we get a better OWS 2.0 at some point (soon) because of people learning their lesson.

  12. #452
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    Oh I understand why he did it. I guess part of me hoped they could have put some "validity" behind the OWS movement through the show, but probably best they didn't attempt that. I view OWS as some of the ONLY political action coming out from "our" generation (the 20-30 year old one atm) and I think it's an important voice that should be heard, but maybe I'm simply being selfish here. In a way they kind of did try to explain to OWS how they fucked up, and hopefully we get a better OWS 2.0 at some point (soon) because of people learning their lesson.
    I've gotta be honest here, I was not in the US for the entirety of the OWS stuff. Because of that, my perspective on it is definitely that of someone on the outside looking in. Despite agreeing with the bulk of what OWS was hoping to change, specifically the initial driving force behind the movement, I saw zero substance coming from it. It didn't take long for it to degenerate into dudes milling about with no solid purpose, and you really can't expect that to have any effect. If that was the best our generation can do, then I'm pretty sure I made the right choice to get the fuck out of the States again, hopefully permanently this time. I think Sorkin handled it properly by giving it a cursory glance, exposing what was wrong with it, and then moving on.

  13. #453
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,909
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    I've gotta be honest here, I was not in the US for the entirety of the OWS stuff. Because of that, my perspective on it is definitely that of someone on the outside looking in. Despite agreeing with the bulk of what OWS was hoping to change, specifically the initial driving force behind the movement, I saw zero substance coming from it. It didn't take long for it to degenerate into dudes milling about with no solid purpose, and you really can't expect that to have any effect. If that was the best our generation can do, then I'm pretty sure I made the right choice to get the fuck out of the States again, hopefully permanently this time. I think Sorkin handled it properly by giving it a cursory glance, exposing what was wrong with it, and then moving on.
    I never said it was the best, but our generation as of yet has done nothing else other than supposedly electing Obama in 2008, which uhh...really wasn't that huge, honestly, since we couldn't keep republicans out of congress.

  14. #454
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    I've gotta be honest here, I was not in the US for the entirety of the OWS stuff. Because of that, my perspective on it is definitely that of someone on the outside looking in. Despite agreeing with the bulk of what OWS was hoping to change, specifically the initial driving force behind the movement, I saw zero substance coming from it. It didn't take long for it to degenerate into dudes milling about with no solid purpose, and you really can't expect that to have any effect. If that was the best our generation can do, then I'm pretty sure I made the right choice to get the fuck out of the States again, hopefully permanently this time. I think Sorkin handled it properly by giving it a cursory glance, exposing what was wrong with it, and then moving on.
    It most definitely changed the political landscape. There's no way in hell anyone could ever, at any point in the history of the U.S., have successfully run for president while espousing higher taxes on anyone, period, prior to OWS. Even 2008 Obama would have gotten crushed if he'd addressed inequality and fairness in the tax code the way he did in 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    I never said it was the best, but our generation as of yet has done nothing else other than supposedly electing Obama in 2008, which uhh...really wasn't that huge, honestly, since we couldn't keep republicans out of congress.
    If Obamacare is instated properly this generation will be deserving of the credit having gotten control long enough to do that. And it will be some "keep your dirty government hands off my obamacare" shit eventually.

  15. #455
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Holy shit.

    http://www.colbertnation.com/full-ep...13-peter-baker

    Whole first section is amazing. You'll understand why it's here after a bit lol.

  16. #456
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,832
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Its kinda funny how the one made up storyline that happens in the Newsroom gets sort of mirrored in real life thanks to 60 minutes.

  17. #457
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Has been picked up for a third season. Will be the final season.

  18. #458
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    GOD DAMN IT

  19. #459
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    horse shit.

  20. #460
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Sorkin has said the show is incredibly difficult to write for him, so I bet it's more about him wanting to end the show over HBO pulling it. And w/ how fast they go through historical events it's only a matter of time before they caught up and had to do a season purely from fiction

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Office Season 6
    By Conrad in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 2010-06-29, 16:16
  2. The Office Season 5
    By Conrad in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 2009-05-19, 12:51
  3. The Office- Season 5
    By Azkarin2 in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 2008-11-16, 03:45
  4. Flight of the Conchords season 2
    By buttson in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2008-09-10, 11:43
  5. The Wire - Season 5
    By buttson in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 2008-03-13, 19:56
  6. The Office Season 4
    By Blarg in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2007-09-28, 09:39
  7. The upcoming season "y" of "x" series...promo vids
    By Tyche in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2007-09-08, 12:43
  8. The Shield - Season finale
    By Aerandir in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2006-03-15, 16:04