I guess it was rare enough before (gobbie box SP dial) that it wasn't an issue, but do you need to record a kill on the Unity NM to upgrade, or just having 50 mats plus NQ (and the accolades) is enough?
I guess it was rare enough before (gobbie box SP dial) that it wasn't an issue, but do you need to record a kill on the Unity NM to upgrade, or just having 50 mats plus NQ (and the accolades) is enough?
Pretty decent monthly updates. Campaigns to make stuff easier each month, plus "new" content using old assets with rewards in the form of new gear, etc. Also, reworking and implementing code for stuff now that it's PC only. Extra storage. Non-chocobo mounts for the first time. More love put into the game's updates than anyone has a right to expect.
Not bad for a dead game.
Yeah, I'm of the mind the people who would've played XIV jumped ship long ago. As is, simply running XI shouldn't be very "difficult" these days, as we even have private servers floating around working off some reverse engineering and improvised code. The official servers obviously don't have to worry about that.
Personally, I'm just kind of sick of the implication that XIV has allegedly bombed and that XI is now suddenly some kind of company savior with this minimized output. Different games from different times even if I can find flaws with both. Dropping the consoles was realistically a good move, in part because of various QoL stuff to follow, but yeah, unless they're keeping things under wraps, I wouldn't expect too many uniquely new assets in the future. Not impossible, as sometimes people will have a little free time for side projects, but it's looking like a lot of future battle content will revolve along BC-like encounters with Ambuscade or HTBs. And short of tweaked mob AIs, that's a whole lot of copypasta.
General opinion question.
Left relic at 95, never got it to 99. Do you suppose it's easier to get 250 umbrals -> 300 plutons -> 1 pluton, or 5 umbrals -> 300 plutons -> 10,000 plutons?
Is Arch Dynamis Lord soloable now with trust + iLvl117 gear?
(All kind of bullshit as someone who got a relic, but I'm used to this I guess)
ADL is doable, but you can still die if you let him terror/tera slash you. BST pets should have no problem handling him even after split. Honestly both paths are tedious and farming either is a hassle without multiple chars. Going by my server prices, you're looking at 250m for 250 marrows alone, while plutons are 120-140m for 10000 of them.
I would just farm gil to buy the plutons, as farming ADL is a pain if you aren't dualboxing for the trigs.
so cheap, i still have max gil. don't know if i'll ever return tho.
what does 10k plutons give u lol?
It gives you the i119 III version of a relic (e.g. Mandau i119 III).
If you didn't afterglow, it's 10k plutons, if you did, it's just the 1 pluton.
Not that I disagree, but XIV fills its purpose for a different kind of player, that much is true. It's just not the same type of MMO (in regards to depth).
That said, probably off topic, is there any specified date on when ambuscade gets reset?
Is it definitely on the first of the month, or whenever the May Update hits?
I came back after update happened, so I'm not sure what date Ambuscade started; if this upcoming month's gear is one of the light armor DD classes, I'll be playing this nonstop for the gear, lol.
It's when the next update hits.
ha didnt even know there were 3 levels of 119. dunno why they didnt just increase the level.
One thing that really does bug me about XI is how geared towards a large number of people the seasonal events are. Needing other people to do content in an MMO is of course a plus for an MMO but the low population of the servers makes it very difficult, if not impossible to complete the seasonal events due to the low number of people bothering to do them - most already have the rewards or aren't interested in the fluff items. It would be nice if they would at least lower the number of participants necessary to complete the events, because as it stands the events largely seem to require more than the small number of companions I can muster and I never see anyone else doing them.