Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 613
  1. #361
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Not arguing physics and reality, argues physics and reality lol.
    If it was lol, why did you decide to engage in discussion and then promptly get told you didn't know what you were talking about?

    You plowing, bro?

  2. #362
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,088
    BG Level
    10

    Because I told the guy exactly what the director of the movie gave as his reasoning for why he did things the way he did.

    Not that he refuted anything I said to begin with. Theres a big difference between a small missile being nimble enough to hit a jet (but not big enough to hurt a Kaiju), and a huge missile that can hurt a Kaiju (but not nimble enough to hit it). It took thousands of lives and a shit ton of ordinance and time to kill a category 1 kaiju, yeah go ahead and tickle the category 4 with your tank and airplane drivel.

  3. #363

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,431
    BG Level
    7

    Sure, disregarding guided missile technology and all, etc.

  4. #364
    Alarial
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Because I told the guy exactly what the director of the movie gave as his reasoning for why he did things the way he did.

    Not that he refuted anything I said to begin with. Theres a big difference between a small missile being nimble enough to hit a jet (but not big enough to hurt a Kaiju), and a huge missile that can hurt a Kaiju (but not nimble enough to hit it). It took thousands of lives and a shit ton of ordinance and time to kill a category 1 kaiju, yeah go ahead and tickle the category 4 with your tank and airplane drivel.

    Well, considering I work(ed) on missiles for a living, I'd disagree. Also, I'm not a guy. Does my name sound manly?!

    Either way, doesn't matter. We all love the film, and I hope to see some more in the Genre. Just sad to see it's not doing as well as they wanted in theatres.

  5. #365
    TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,885
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    And then people ruined the movie by over analyzing it.

  6. #366
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    Can someone post what happens in post credits. I totally missed it

  7. #367

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    7,703
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Can someone post what happens in post credits. I totally missed it
    Spoiler: show
    Ron Perlman cuts his way out of the baby monster and wonders where his shoe is

  8. #368
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Ron Perlman cuts his way out of the baby monster and wonders where his shoe is
    Gdi that's awesome

  9. #369
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,093
    BG Level
    8

    i too am now sad i didn't stay for that

  10. #370
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,115
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Can someone post what happens in post credits. I totally missed it
    LOL FUCKING LOSER GOD WHAT A FUCKING NOOB.

  11. #371
    We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,616
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

    I don't understand how this movie has bombed domestically. This is the same country that paid to see three Transformers movies.

  12. #372
    Alarial
    Guest

    Transformers had a large cultural base to pull off of and marketed the films with some (laughably) well known actors, and shots of cleavage.

    This monster v. robot movie, while awesome, is still stuck in "nerdy male gasm" territory.

  13. #373
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    Saw this tonight and loved it. Obviously the plot is lol, there are holes bigger than God in the story but whatever... the sfx were amazing and while the ending was, I suppose, kind of predictable, I was in suspense the entire time because I wasn't thinking ahead and trying to analyze, just living the moment which was full of fucking awesome GIANT ROBOTS AND MONSTERS

    I guess if I had to analyze one thing that left me wondering
    Spoiler: show
    it's the very end where the pilots' capsules make it back through the opened passageway. Don't the ends of it seal for anything but kaijuu? wtf


    also some trivia + major spoilers
    Spoiler: show
    when striker eureka blows up, pretty sure Mako said "aishiteimasu" (I love you) over the com

  14. #374
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    443
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    I just wanna drop this article XD http://www.thestar.com/entertainment..._pacifist.html

    And snippets from this article.

    "“I carefully avoided the car commercial aesthetics or the army recruitment video aesthetics. I avoided making a movie about an army with ranks. I avoided making any kind of message that says war is good. We have enough firepower in the world."

    "“I have been offered movies that have huge budgets that have war at its centre and I said, ‘I don’t do that.’ I have two daughters and I wanted to make this movie for kids."

    gosh I wish I was a kid growing up with this movie! They're so darn lucky these days.

  15. #375
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,391
    BG Level
    6

    And then people ruined the movie by over analyzing it.
    Personally, discussions about a movie mean the movie itself is worth them in the first place.

    Besides, since this movie is an homage to robot and monster fans, feels pretty natural that robot and monster fans will keep discussing about it.

  16. #376
    So hard we fuck rocks
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,043
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Is the movie bombing? It made back half what it cost in its opening weekend, words gonna get out, parents saw disputable me, now they can go watch striker eureka rip shit up.

    P.s. striker eureka > gipsy danger. IM JUST SAYING

  17. #377
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,693
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    It'd didn't have a good opening weekend in the US, but is doing well internationally and will likely explode when it hits Japan.

  18. #378
    Alarial
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    Is the movie bombing? It made back half what it cost in its opening weekend, words gonna get out, parents saw disputable me, now they can go watch striker eureka rip shit up.

    P.s. striker eureka > gipsy danger. IM JUST SAYING
    Striker Eureka was supposed to be the main hero, but Del Torro thought it looked too cold and cocky.

    I really wanted to see some more fighting from Striker though!

  19. #379
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I just love how Striker ran straight up and punched the fuck out that Kaiju that breached the wall in Sydney.

  20. #380
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,805
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I guess if I had to analyze one thing that left me wondering
    Spoiler: show
    it's the very end where the pilots' capsules make it back through the opened passageway. Don't the ends of it seal for anything but kaijuu? wtf
    Spoiler: show
    Yea, I was confused about that part as well. Also, the control center clearly said they went through the breach, leading me to assume that they were actually at the aliens' homeworld (it looked that way as well). But then I thought they had to detonate *INSIDE* the breach to really collapse the portal.


    Good movie either way, but also slightly disappointed at the lack of advanced weaponry. The short Striker Eureka scene had my hopes up for more fast-paced action, but sadly that was all we got.

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Wolverine (July 26th, 2013)
    By Delirium in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 310
    Last Post: 2015-06-13, 17:37
  2. Evil Dead (April 12th 2013)
    By 6souls in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 2015-01-31, 10:26
  3. San Diego Comic-Con 2012 (July 12th - 15th)
    By 6souls in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 2012-07-16, 16:13