generous
generous
George Miller has announced that he will not be involved in any sequels to this film. Too much of a toll on him.
Oh boy. Back to expecting mediocrity from them then.
Well this is unfortunate...
Welp, we'll always have Fury Road and the original films.
Fury Road just picked up a shit ton of nominations*, including Best Picture.
*Though, for total nominations, it'd be easier to make a small list of films, then just list in each category films not on the small list that actually got nominations.
It is not a diverse pool this year.
Yeah, I just combed through the list. Every category Mad Max is nominated in, The Revenant is as well. The only thing that puts The Revenant's nomination count ahead is DiCaprio for Best Actor and Hardy for Supporting. And while supporting is for Revenant, I'd drop the count by one since Hardy is the lead for Max too.
Out of curiosity I decided to read up on Academy's membership and who actually decides/votes in the Oscars. I always pictured a committee of 10+ people sitting in a dark poorly lit room in robes making decisions. Surprisingly there are a lot of people who actually vote for nominations in 17 different fields. Furthermore, not just anyone can join and memberships are limited in certain categories by invitation only. Still, even with such restrictions, nominees, who are part of the academy, can and have voted for themselves and their films in the past. So like congress, members can be lobbied and influenced. Anywho, just thought I'd share something I learned today.
Not exactly...
George Miller Would Now Love to Make More Mad Max Movies
That was a completely garbled interview. I was in New York and it was so noisy and the journalist was asking me questions on a red carpet at the National Board of Review. She completely got the wrong fragments of information that were just not true. I said no, [another ‘Mad Max’ movie] will not be next, and she took that to mean I never wanted to make another ‘Mad Max.’ It won’t necessarily be next, but I have two more stories.
Good.
Cleaned up with 6 Oscars, well deserved
Production Design
Film Editing
Costume Design
Makeup
Sound Editing
Sound Mixing
His pecs are a national treasure.