All you guys need to check out whatifsports.com if you are into all of the stats and micromanaging.
There are some really great aspects of Dynasty that aren't present in a re-draft league, or even a keeper league to a certain degree.
-You get to go deeper than you usually would in terms of talent, trying to find the young guys that are going to break out, and keep them on your roster while they develop.
-You have to consider your balance between winning now and in the future. There's a team in our league that spent his first four picks on Rodgers followed by MJD, Steven Jackson, and Ahmad Bradshaw. In a redraft that's fine, and he should be competitive early, but it's going to be very soon that MJD and Jackson will decline or fall off a cliff in production and he is going to have to find replacements. Not to mention he filled out the rest of his starters with Santana and Randy Moss, Tony Gonzalez, etc. So he is really going to be hurting in a year or two. Meanwhile, we have a team with 11 rookies! That's out of 25 players.
-You get to trade future rookie draft picks! And you can trade startup draft picks during the startup draft as well. We had about 10 trades throughout our 25 round startup draft, with people moving up and down throughout the draft the same way NFL teams would.
So BarthelloSylph did you get my email address or not? <call>
Sorry Octopus - I have your email in case it is needed.
Are the draft times for 2QB and 20 man correct?
Also noted that there are 19 people in 20 man and 9 in 2QB - are we still waiting on accepted spots?
20-Man: Waiting on headspace to accept the 20th invite. Draft time is incorrect, in a few weeks we will start a draft thread like last year and set a time for the live draft.
ill do 2qb if u need a 10th
GET IT TOGETHER HEADSPACE. YOU NEED POWER BACKS
Just curious, are the current scoring systems for BG South and BG Champions the systems we will be using? Not a problem or anything, just want to know so I can start thinking about it, because they are different that what I'm used to.
BGSouth should mirror BGE/W so as long as it matches what I sent, the answer is yes on BGS.
I'm not sure what BGE/W uses, but BGS is currently .5 PPR, gives points for return yards, with points for misc. 40+ yard occurences, like receptions, touchdown, rushes, etc.
That's nothing too out of the ordinary, I'm mostly interested knowing about the champions league, since that changes things up significantly.
When you get all that wrapped up, let me know and I'll update the OP with all the league info. Or if you have any completes, let me know.
Why is mine still says waiting for email lol >.>
Also, because paypal is being a gigantic dick and their overall history of fucking horrible customer service, I have to change the means of collection for BG money. Two ways.
1. Amazon payments. If you don't have an amazon account, you damn well should. Make one. https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/index.htm
It's easy and setup very similar to paypal. No fees.
2. Paypal. If you send paypal, your entry fee will be increased to reflect the charges paypal now assesses (gift is also now subject to fees).
Hope someone u/ls an updated version of that spreadsheet for auction drafts that Tyr linked to last year >.>
I accepted my BGE and BGP invites. Sorry it took so long, I've been really busy.
Are there any leagues sill looking for people here?