Page 363 of 647 FirstFirst ... 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 373 413 ... LastLast
Results 7241 to 7260 of 12928
  1. #7241
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    I also think Vega is borderline top 10, so maybe I'm biased or naive.
    Character with the worst defense on wakeup is top 10?

  2. #7242
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    The latter, I guess he may as well stay home from EVO
    So... being honest and saying that a competitor should have won, but instead lost because of the system it was played on. He's calling out TOs that use an inferior system, for better or worse. It's akin to calling out playing on a shitty field in football, sometimes its whining, but when everyone is saying the same thing, you know there's a real problem. Literally every top tier player agrees that there's no reason to be playing the games on PS3.

  3. #7243
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Character with the worst defense on wakeup is top 10?
    He doesn't lose many match ups, but he has an advantage or plays against the top tiers well (Sak, Seth, Viper, Adon, Fei Long) or even (Akuma). Having a good wake up DP is important for the threat of it being there, but a lot of the vortex revolve around safe jumps anyways so I think the value diminishes a little bit. Like I said, maybe I'm a little bit naive/ignorant. Best footsies in the game, best throw game as well probably. If he had a legit AA with the likes of Sak's cr. FP, he would be broken.

    Edit: $6k pot bonus for ECT5... i'm about to grind hard as hell.

  4. #7244
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,829
    BG Level
    10

    Sakura is not better than Fei Long, Cammy, or Akuma lol. 4th place is up for debate in AE.

    Tokido had Vega in his top 10 (US Vega) though.

  5. #7245
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Sakura is not better than Fei Long, Cammy, or Akuma lol. 4th place is up for debate in AE.

    Tokido had Vega in his top 10 (US Vega) though.
    I'd take Sak for 4th over Adon. Adon has better footsies, but Sak's damage and mixups are over the top compared to him.

  6. #7246
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    I agree with Wong's list as well, but I don't think Sakura has been a secret at all. Almost every JP tier list, per player, has her in the top 10, and some had her as #5. She just isn't played by many players in the US.
    No one played Sakura at competitive level until Uryo picked her up, and even then people thought she was low tier until he came out with the charge fireball/tatsu tech and the ridiculous punish combos.

  7. #7247
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    I'd take Sak for 4th over Adon. Adon has better footsies, but Sak's damage and mixups are over the top compared to him.
    Except Adon wrecks Sakura lol

  8. #7248
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    How about Seth ;o

  9. #7249
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    For all the tools Adon has, he sure is lacking in the players who are actually dominating with him besides gamerbee department

  10. #7250
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,829
    BG Level
    10

    Yeah, and that wasn't yesterday. Considering this video was released in 2010....what is your definition of "secret" or "until he picked her up"? This footage all takes place throughout 2010 ffs....



    Seth is #4 currently on my plate. Sakura may be my #5 or 6 just because it is so easy to make a comeback with her. Her inputs don't look difficult either.

  11. #7251
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Except Adon wrecks Sakura lol
    Not talking head to head, talking top 5.

  12. #7252
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,829
    BG Level
    10

    1. Akuma
    2. Cammy
    3. Fei Long
    4. Seth
    5. Sakura
    6. Viper
    7. Adon
    8. Yun
    9. Ibuki
    10. Rufus

    Biggest mover is Sakura going above Viper and Adon on my list. Her jump FP is too strong along with her stun and comeback potential. Only Evil Ryu's cr.MK can lead to more damage/setups than Sakura's cr.MK as well.

  13. #7253
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Yay more tier lists.

    1. Cammy
    2. Akuma
    3. Fei Long
    4. Sakura
    5. Adon
    6. Seth
    7. Viper
    8. Yun
    9. Rufus
    10. Vega (Kappa)

  14. #7254
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Yeah, and that wasn't yesterday. Considering this video was released in 2010....what is your definition of "secret" or "until he picked her up"? This footage all takes place throughout 2010 ffs....



    Seth is #4 currently on my plate. Sakura may be my #5 or 6 just because it is so easy to make a comeback with her. Her inputs don't look difficult either.
    only like two of her combos are what I'd consider legitimately difficult...fwiw ChrisG doesn't bother with any of them, so it's obviously feasible to win with her using only easy-mode combos

  15. #7255
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Also, whitegun single handedly knocked ibuki back by 2 tiers.

  16. #7256
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Considering I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Sakura has been a secret top tier for a while now.
    I wasn't saying she was a newly minted top tier, just that it took people a long ass time to realize how good she was. Uryo was playing her in 2010, but he was still playing Viper then also. She wasn't widely considered a real threat until last year maybe.

  17. #7257
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Just remembered Evo Marvel is 2/3 and on PS3.

    RIP evo, everyone is going to go to da beech. In semi-unrelated news, St. Marteen just picked up The Pirate Bay... they doin big thangs.

  18. #7258
    Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,197
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    1. Cammy
    2. Seth
    3. Akuma
    4. Fei Long
    5. Adon

    These five are on every tier list JP and NA. Sakura is easily somewhere between 6-15 probably closer to 6. Rufus, Balrog and Vega would be closer to 15.

    Dhalsim and Oni are not A at all. They have serious flaws and a ton of bad match ups. Dhalsim probably has 3 bad match ups for every good one he has.

    Ken is B+.. Ryu would be about the same (Ken handles some match ups better than Ryu and Akuma for example Rufus and Dhalsim)

    If B+ is the middle Ryu definitely belongs there, there is nothing exceptional about him. He can knockdown crouching opponents but has no mix ups or vortex at all. Zoning hasn't been strong since Super.

  19. #7259
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,863
    BG Level
    6

    If I played sakura I would never stop jumping

  20. #7260
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Ryu can rush down and zone with any character as well as provide damage. He definitely deserves top billing because he's never an easy out in the right hands.

Page 363 of 647 FirstFirst ... 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 373 413 ... LastLast