Page 446 of 647 FirstFirst ... 396 436 444 445 446 447 448 456 496 ... LastLast
Results 8901 to 8920 of 12928
  1. #8901
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post

    EDIT: Also, the real party doesn't begin until Huoshen shows up with the buckets.
    I've heard this, I can't wait until I partake in it. I heard he brings the heat.

  2. #8902
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Even guys who think they can hold their liquor get absolutely bodied. His drinks have a tendency to wait before they hit you.

    Although I handled 4 cups no problem, the guy who flipped my table was done in 2.

  3. #8903
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    In conclusion, Dj Houshen is singlehandedly ruining the FGC by not allowing us to be adults and wake up at 8am for pools.

  4. #8904
    Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,197
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    I need help with the following match ups

    Ibuki - this is by far the worst one for me
    Akuma
    C.Viper
    El Fuerte
    Blanka
    Guy
    Dee Jay

  5. #8905
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox View Post
    Blanka
    Never seen two people play him the same, lol. fwiw, you can usually just stand and jab to beat horizontal balls, if he does rainbow coming down on top of your head don't try to block the correct direction, just focus dash out. All of his normals are awful, if they like to cr.hp poke just focus dash through it and throw/quick normal. Hop will go over crouching shorts/forwards but lose to sweeps universally.

  6. #8906
    Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,197
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    What heard people saying the most about blanka is get the life lead and stay back. I don't know though.

    Akuma is just hard to play footsies with that walkspeed and sweep

  7. #8907
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,960
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox View Post
    I need help with the following match ups

    Guy
    shit guy player here, you play ken right?

  8. #8908
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox View Post
    What heard people saying the most about blanka is get the life lead and stay back. I don't know though.

    Akuma is just hard to play footsies with that walkspeed and sweep
    Play vega, it's 5/5, I promise.

  9. #8909
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox View Post
    What heard people saying the most about blanka is get the life lead and stay back. I don't know though.
    I'd agree with that, unless you throw a bad fireball that he slides under he can't really do a whole lot to get in; the more offensive you are the more likely it is that you'll try some sort of setup, it won't work because he has that stupid off-time wakeup, and you'll eat upballs or ultra.

  10. #8910
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    For blanka I like to just downback and react to whatever he does. Jabs and meaties also own him.

  11. #8911
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Oh lord...


  12. #8912
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,960
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    ok well going to continue...

    block low, all of guys damage comes from low attacks (and frame traps)
    his bushin flip does nothing to crouching opponents (if he does elbow just block or whiff a cr.lk or something to make it miss, if it misses then punish)
    punish whiffed shoulders, he's not AE yun no reason to be afraid of it
    also you can stuff shoulders with a poke, like with dudley's MGB

    besides that not sure exactly what you're having trouble with. Guy is a pretty simple character, if you're ken you should win that matchup.

  13. #8913
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Oh lord...


    Yeah why don't you just play him like that?

  14. #8914
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I'm almost certain Injustice got shafted because of DiveKick. Regardless, niggas can still get up at 9 AM to do pools, it's really not that hard, even after a night of partying til 4 am. Most of these niggas don't party anyways, they go to other people's rooms and play games til 3-5 AM instead, giving them even less of an excuse.

  15. #8915
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Something that I also think was overlooked: DiveKick was played for more money. Atlus threw a pot bonus. Iron Galaxy threw a pot bonus. NRS, the OGest local developer, did not.

  16. #8916
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    710
    BG Level
    5

    I could try and help you with the ibuki match up. I only play on PC though, since my 360 died

  17. #8917
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Just play welt in a FT30 with Ibuki. That'll be a solid 30 games of ibuki experience.

    For having such a good ibuki on the boards, she is absolutely one of my worst match ups... Fucker never picks her vs me so I never learn her vortex.

    http://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/commen...ks_of_a_10000/

    Also, hilarious, read the comments a lil ways down.

  18. #8918
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    There's not really a whole lot to learn, it's just a matter of watching the body.

  19. #8919
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    There's not really a whole lot to learn, it's just a matter of watching the body.
    Personally, I think I have very good defense. It's part of the reason Viper doesn't scare me in the slightest. However, with ibuki, I get hit by a 50/50 mixup 100% of the time. I don't know what it is, I just need more experience against it in order to learn when it will cross up and when it won't. I block Cammy bullshit cross ups a lot, things like that, but I absolutely cannot block ibuki for the life of me. Also, her dash throws me off (stupid fucking shadow), like... a lot.

  20. #8920
    Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,197
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by euph View Post
    I could try and help you with the ibuki match up. I only play on PC though, since my 360 died
    Add me GFWL: SHINEBOX

Page 446 of 647 FirstFirst ... 396 436 444 445 446 447 448 456 496 ... LastLast