Liroy...Dhalsim has always owned Ryu. In Vanilla it was 7-3 probably.
This is why Arturo beat Daigo in vanilla. This is why Iyo beat Daigo in the Japanese GameStop tournament.
This is why Champ beat him in Super @ SCR.
Etc
Liroy...Dhalsim has always owned Ryu. In Vanilla it was 7-3 probably.
This is why Arturo beat Daigo in vanilla. This is why Iyo beat Daigo in the Japanese GameStop tournament.
This is why Champ beat him in Super @ SCR.
Etc
Well since Leroy has said he wasn't following fighting games til recently, he's prolly never even seen the the matches you're referencing, back when Sim was kind of relevant and not the realm of players too stubborn to switch (Art/Champ) when he started to suck.
Liroy pls BibleThump
But now you know. Never watched a commentated Ryu VS Sim match?
Oh man, I had forgotten about that one.
Art just laughing his ass off is priceless.
Didn't Daigo do that in another Sim match too, but it was cr.mp xx super?
Before I clicked on the link I assumed it was full screen DP > Super, which I've also seen Daigo do before to punish Sim.
Sims cr HP trades with fireball almost on reaction and in Sims favor. Ryu can't punish it unless he's punishing it on whiff. He can try to focus it a little at mid screen but st mk will blow that straegy up. If Sim gets a lifelead all he has to do is make Ryu bleed with trade cr HPs which forces him to take risks to get in.
Another gem from him during Evo this year
http://distilleryimage6.ak.instagram...0aaa0a96_7.jpg
If they boost Sims health to 950 then the trade would be in his favor but he does 75 damage (nerfed in AE) while Ryu does 70 (buffed in 2012)
Right now it's 70/900 vs 75/1000
70/900 is a greater loss, I will never understand why they nerfed the damage on his HP from 85 to 75, this change literally made his easier match ups (Rose 80 damage fireballs and Ryu 70 damage now) more favorable to them without considering the overall balance to other characters vs Sim.
Right now the Ryu match up is barely in Sims favor, if he is given two hits on his s.MK the match up will easily go from 5.5-4.5 in Sims favor to 6.5-3.5 or even 7-3, this is fine but what will it do to other characters who are currently even with him? (Example Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Sakura, Zangief) Also, this will completely change the Makoto and Hakan match ups overall.
What should Capcom do? Examine how good Dhalsim was in Super and go from there, the amount of nerfing on that character was way too excessive in AE. Leaving him shitty and giving him a far hitting normal that hits twice will have them working on a balance patch in a matter of months after this DLC gets released.
This is almost all the proof you need to show that Injustice is boring as hell to watch. This woman in the next row up was spinning yarn instead of paying full attention to the finals. Pretty sure Calli, Dole, and myself all looked at each other and were like "Was that grand finals?" when it finished on top of it.
I can believe I missed those. Daigo is such a beast!
Also, I sat at home yesterday and just watched Top 8 Marvel... Omfg I'm so mad I missed that hype on BG chat. Found myself rooting for JWong near the end there. Those comebacks.![]()
I personally don't think the s.mk would hurt the Makoto/Dhalsim matchup too much. Yes focus dash was an easy way (and imo, lazy way) to get in, but it's not like it's Makoto's only option. It will be more annoying and require actual thinking on Makoto's part, but she will still be better than a lot of the cast (without a fireball) in this regard because of the following:
- her dash cover good distances, so dashing in on whiff would basically cover the same distance as focus dash at full screen.
- her normals have good hitboxes and good active frames, which means she will be able to counter poke Dhalsim's limbs
- hk instant air tsurugi's have a great hitbox while moving forward that Dhalsim will get hard knocked down easily (even if traded)
- we still have ex hayate :D and charged hayate also cover the same distance as ex hayate since v2012
And of course, once she's in, the matchup is still going to be overwhelmingly in Makoto's favor. You may have to get one more good read to get in, but I think it's ok.
I'm pretty sure it was boring because Injustice is a boring ass game to watch.